HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

While playing, The game minimizes for no reason.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DeepstrikerGundam

DeepstrikerGundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCainta, Rizal, Phillipines

Posted January 03 2013 - 04:22 PM

Downloading the game....it was fine and smooth. But then, it downloaded a patch the next day (The First ever Patch I think). Then when playing the game, it keeps on minimizing going back to the desktop. Does anybody know how to fix this_

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted January 03 2013 - 05:51 PM

That's a new one ... sure you aren't hitting Start+M_ (stupid question I know, but people have done it before, lol)
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 Okabe

Okabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 08:23 PM

I have the same issue. I just downloaded hawken today and when i started up it seemed to be running fine. Then after going through part of the menu tutorial the window started minimizing. I would open the game back up, but then about 30-60 seconds later the game would minimize and i would be at my desktop again. I haven't played a match yet because the minimizing of the game has been consistent. Is there a solution to this problem_

#4 DeepstrikerGundam

DeepstrikerGundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on January 03 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

That's a new one ... sure you aren't hitting Start+M_ (stupid question I know, but people have done it before, lol)
No. I'm not hitting those. It just minimizes for no reason.

#5 ULTRALion

ULTRALion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted January 05 2013 - 02:53 PM

Do you have Skype on while you're playing_ That seems to happen to me a lot no matter what I play when Skype is on. Skype seems to minimize any active application when one of their ads come up. Happened to me tons of times with any Steam games I play and League of Legends.
Leon

#6 DeepstrikerGundam

DeepstrikerGundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostULTRALion, on January 05 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Do you have Skype on while you're playing_ That seems to happen to me a lot no matter what I play when Skype is on. Skype seems to minimize any active application when one of their ads come up. Happened to me tons of times with any Steam games I play and League of Legends.
I already removed skype. It still minimizes. ;(

#7 DeepstrikerGundam

DeepstrikerGundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 05:06 PM

Uhm......WHAT I DID WAS SET UP THE GAME NOT ON FULL SCREEN. IT WILL STILL GO OUT BUT IT WON'T MINIMIZE. MEANING THAT YOU CAN STILL SEE THE GAME. JUST CLICK YOUR MOUSE CURSOR INSIDE THE GAME IF YOU COME OUT AND YOU WOULD GO BACK TO THE GAME. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

#8 kubikiri

kubikiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 07:23 PM

(PLEASE SEE MY NEXT POST FOR MY PERSONAL FIX...)

i have this problem, i have just installed a 560 gtx (only runs hawken at medium but at least it runs...), BUT
when in the training mission it will minimize constantly, i have figured out that it happens when i fire/use the mouse l and r buttons, i had a wireless intellimouse 2.0, thought maybe it was because the batteries were low
and/or i was running it through a ps/2 connector, but I plugged it into a usb port and got the same thing...

Tried a regular wired digital mouse using a usb port, SAME THING!, it minimizes when i use mouse buttons, looking around the interwebs ive seen a range of ideas why this happens in games, from directX incompatibility, some people rolled their version back and had luck, some people blamed windows aero and recommended turning that off, some suggested that having two monitors might play some sort of role, the power to my second monitor is off... and isnt something ive ever experienced before....

(edit: it was my second monitor, unplug from card and restart... jebus thank god... how frustrating)
not hawkens fault....

Edited by kubikiri, January 12 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#9 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well something installed on your computer (or uninstalled but left some files behind) is responding to the clicks of your mouse.  Why don't you uninstall all mouse software/drivers and try playing your games_  The included mouse drivers/software are not necessary for the device to actually function.

Edited by machmanx, January 12 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#10 kubikiri

kubikiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 09:34 PM

OK PROBLEM IS FIXED... for me anyway....
and it wasn't even something i highlighted in red in my first post... IT WAS MY SECOND MONITOR...
even though the power was off, the fact that it was connected to my graphics card was affecting the desktop...
I HAD TO PHYSICALLY (seriously_ no spell check on here_) DISCONNECT MY SECOND MONITOR and
RESTART THE COMPUTER... and waalaa killing drones, without minimization...
you would not believe the amount of bs its taken to upgrade this graphics card and than this minimization garbage...
WAS NOT HAWKENS FAULT....
i appreciate the last posters suggestion...
BUT it seems when it comes to these sort of things its something less complicated than you might think...
I will see you out there in the killing fields....
kubikiri...

Edited by kubikiri, January 12 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#11 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 06:14 PM

That's a weird fix.  I still think some software installed on(or uninstalled from) your computer is causing this.  I have a GTX 460 and I play Hawken with my 2nd monitor (1080p) ON and don't experience these issues.  Ah well, at least you can play now :)

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#12 kubikiri

kubikiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 09:18 AM

you may be right... ill have to look around in device manager and see if anything is installed twice, or maybe use driver cleaner before installing the next nvidia upgrade, but yeah at least it works for now...
i wonder if having my other monitor, a smaller crt running at a much lower resolution might have something to do with it... or if it was because my font dpi was set to 125%, instead of 100% like i've got it set now...
mysteries of the universe....

#13 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:13 PM

They say the computer is its own universe...or a black hole :P

#14 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hello, I've got the same issue and I do not have a second monitor at all :/
Have no idea what to do...

#15 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 10:30 AM

I solved it, seems it happened due to low battery of wireless mouse_
I had low battery of it earlier, but it never happened before...
Hope it will be fine now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users