HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Allow SS to see radar while scoped

Beta Game

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Seedling

Seedling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostGaizokubanou, on January 08 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Same reason nobody bothers with ejection seat for cars/tanks or pretty much anything that's not combat-aircrafts ;)
Ceilings_

#22 ElRobo

ElRobo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 06:40 AM

Going to say I disagree strongly with showing radar while scoped. If it had the tf2 charge mechanic maybe, but this whole thing is just representative of what all "sniper" players want in all fps games. To be aware of everything and have free pickings of all other players whether or not those players can fight back, rather than actually having to hunt and sacrifice the short range to get the extreme range.

It's obviously a smart design decision that if you have the one weapon that lets you project very high power instantly as far as a straight line can go, that you should not have awareness of things in your peripheral while doing so.

#23 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 09 2013 - 06:43 AM

Maybe would be good idea for an "extra item*" to include radar while SS pilots get in scope mode on their HUD..

Just a proto-idea though.

Edited by The_Silencer, January 09 2013 - 06:43 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#24 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted January 09 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostSeedling, on January 09 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Don't give SS radar while scoped... I don't want them to run away when I'm sneaking up on them in my Brawler!

The only SS a brawler will sneak up on is a deaf one.

A sharpshooter that's paying attention doesn't need radar. The mechs in Hawken are not exactly light on their feet, and are extremely easy to hear. Depending on the audio set up of the user, the SS might even know the specific angle from which they're being approached.

The point if radar while scoped isn't primarily for the purpose of knowing when someone is "creeping" up on you- it's for better tracking of targets you're already aware of.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users