HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Cockpit: ep 5 1/9/13 MC code giveaway!

Announcement Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted January 08 2013 - 10:56 AM

nice, will they be evaluating the AR's potency as a sniper weapon_

Posted Image

#22 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 10:58 AM

also thank you everyone for the questions. ive added them all to our program doc!

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#23 Akaon

Akaon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted January 08 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 08 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Well, i'll definitely watch this, as a rocketeer pilot true and true!
Amen!

#24 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostBuDeKai, on January 08 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

BRING IT TO ME

It shall be done

Edited by Skylead, January 08 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#25 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Why does everything cool happens by US time_ I mean really, WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE EUROPE <_<
Posted Image
*sigh*

#26 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

View PostKaszaWspraju, on January 08 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on January 08 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Ohh shiny MC. Just one thing I would like to know your guys opinions of the current system for Items with it having a timed cool down vs once per life. How has the game changed since it was once per life_
Not cool man this is my topic :D
http://community.pla...-repair-charge/

I just want to see them discuss it on their podcast so I put out the suggestion.

#27 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:05 AM

Budekai better be shirtless this time. Also i know people have been talking about increasing movement so C's take forever to get places. Can you elaborate on movement increases and what it could do for the games pace and overall flow_
Posted Image

#28 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 08 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why does everything cool happens by US time_ I mean really, WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE EUROPE <_<
i love europe. i actually have plans for a trip to germany later this year. but our target demographic is in NA and we all have jobs/ live etc/ and weds at 10 was the best time we could all agree on.

Posted Image

also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#29 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:22 AM

There has been a lot of discussion on the forums about whether the advantages a lvl25 mech has over a lvl1 mech give any real edge in gameplay.  With mech optimizations, having to purchase items for each mech, and how weapons level up, what are the hosts opinions on the impacting differences, if any, between a stock lvl1 and an all unlocked lvl25 mech where all else (pilot skill) is equal.  Have you played around with enough mechs to comment on whether any of the weapons lvl up more significantly than others_

Would a team of skilled players be able to compete in lvl1 mechs vs another skilled team in lvl25s_  What's the bare minimum to be competitive_  If a player wants to get into the competitive scene do you recommend unlocking everything for 1-2 mechs, or buying all the mechs with no upgrades_

Would you want to see special competitive servers where all the mechs are unlocked as well as items and upgrades_  If something like this is unavailable for a long time, do you try to find a common denominator with rules, such as banning ALL internals_
Inactive.

#30 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostBuDeKai, on January 08 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 08 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

i love europe. i actually have plans for a trip to germany later this year. but our target demographic is in NA and we all have jobs/ live etc/ and weds at 10 was the best time we could all agree on.
Perfectly understandable, just ignore my posts, cause they're horrible most of the time.

Shame i'll miss out the giveaway, but it's not like i would've won anyway, i never win anything

Anyway: A question if you don't mind for the Stream. What do you think about Prestige weapons and why do you think some mechs get prestige weapons that completely change the way the mech plays (scout with the HEAT, Grenadier with Vulcan etc.) but others get weapons that are pretty much the same what they had already (Assault, Berserker, Rocketeer etc.)

Edited by Juodvarnis, January 08 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#31 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostRentAKnight, on January 08 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

There has been a lot of discussion on the forums about whether the advantages a lvl25 mech has over a lvl1 mech give any real edge in gameplay.  With mech optimizations, having to purchase items for each mech, and how weapons level up, what are the hosts opinions on the impacting differences, if any, between a stock lvl1 and an all unlocked lvl25 mech where all else (pilot skill) is equal.  Have you played around with enough mechs to comment on whether any of the weapons lvl up more significantly than others_

Would a team of skilled players be able to compete in lvl1 mechs vs another skilled team in lvl25s_  What's the bare minimum to be competitive_  If a player wants to get into the competitive scene do you recommend unlocking everything for 1-2 mechs, or buying all the mechs with no upgrades_

Would you want to see special competitive servers where all the mechs are unlocked as well as items and upgrades_  If something like this is unavailable for a long time, do you try to find a common denominator with rules, such as banning ALL internals_

if we have time we will bring this up but we discussed this in previous casts (episode 4 i believe) i think a mech really comes into its own at 20 but very playable after 12. and no i dont think a lvl 1 mech team could compete against lvl 25's

Posted Image

#32 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:36 AM

The match making update yesterday while making the match making much better for the lower skilled players the higher skilled games are becoming barren wastelands of 4-6 player deathmatchs.

#33 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostSylhiri, on January 08 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Will Toryne be back with his huge jug of orange juice_

I certainly plan on it ;D

#34 NYPD54

NYPD54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on January 08 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

The match making update yesterday while making the match making much better for the lower skilled players the higher skilled games are becoming barren wastelands of 4-6 player deathmatchs.

I didn't even notice a difference, I still have teams with brain dead teammates who have no idea how to play and go 0-12-4, or the classic 5 vs 4 in assault with one member camping at our base, the other not even spawned in, and the last barely able to play the game.

#35 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:59 AM

I cannot wait for Toryne's huge jugs!!!
Posted Image

#36 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted January 08 2013 - 12:02 PM

I would love to get your honest opinion on the bruiser, actually, seeing it seems to be an underwhelming poorly crafted imitation of fred. Perhaps in another episode_
Posted Image

#37 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted January 08 2013 - 12:35 PM

I hope you cover using the EOC as part of your Rocketeer overview. I really love that gun and haven't seen very much discussion on it.
Posted Image

#38 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted January 08 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostConquistador, on January 08 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

I would love to get your honest opinion on the bruiser, actually, seeing it seems to be an underwhelming poorly crafted imitation of fred. Perhaps in another episode_

Akrium and I probably have the most play time on the Bruiser for team [dodges all Day] we give our thoughts here http://community.pla...ne/#entry161902

#39 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted January 08 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostSkylead, on January 08 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on January 08 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Akrium and I probably have the most play time on the Bruiser for team [dodges all Day] we give our thoughts here http://community.pla...ne/#entry161902

Can you honestly say the bruiser performs any role better than the assault(or CRT) right now_ I'm having trouble identifying situations where Hellfires are better than tow. Aside from Hellfires and a situationally-dependent special ability, there's not much difference between the mechs, and Hellfires honestly seem underwhelming right now.
Posted Image

#40 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted January 08 2013 - 12:50 PM

In larger maps the Hellfire is unrivaled in the amount of stunlock it causes and this can be heavily abused by good teammates and coordination, that is the single reason that it is a good support class. Without the stucklock it will be lackluster in all situations (in it's current form).

Edited by Skylead, January 08 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Exclusive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users