HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Assault Mech.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostRedVan, on January 28 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Dam level 26_  U mean I gotta start grinding again_

You only unlock level 26 after going to level 25 with every mech.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#42 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted January 28 2013 - 12:26 PM

Duuude, you broke the 3rd rule of something i can't talk about.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#43 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 28 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on January 28 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

You gonna tell that to those that DID pay for this Mech as well _ B)
Yeah it's too bad that Meteor/Adhesive can't say... offer refunds
OH WAIT
Again, if you want cosmetic options, buy the cosmetic options. Don't defend a slightly different mech because you dislike the default C-RT look
That's just silly

Edited by Beemann, January 28 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#44 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm defending it because i prefer the look of my Assault, and i don't want to go through the whole levelling dance again, and on top of that i don't want to lose the HC and MC i spent on the internals and items for the Assault.
Though they could calculate that into the refund, but i'd still have to then level the C-RT.
That's time spent that i won't get back.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_

#45 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted January 28 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on January 28 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I'm defending it because i prefer the look of my Assault, and i don't want to go through the whole levelling dance again, and on top of that i don't want to lose the HC and MC i spent on the internals and items for the Assault.
Though they could calculate that into the refund, but i'd still have to then level the C-RT.
Or you know, the could use the data that says "This person has a Assault with X amount of experience and these items on it" and work a little database magic that then says "This person now has the same stuff on their CR-T now that the Assault is gone".

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#46 robotokom

robotokom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on January 28 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Or you know, the could use the data that says "This person has a Assault with X amount of experience and these items on it" and work a little database magic that then says "This person now has the same stuff on their CR-T now that the Assault is gone".
They could do that but why would they_

#47 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on January 28 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

They couldn't give me the Sharpshooter i had tried to buy and then take away the Assault the system had unlocked instead of it (was a Meteor server outage that caused it, was fully documented with Support), so instead they had to award me with the HC to buy the Sharpie again and i got to keep the Assault.
With that in mind i'd say i am sceptical of them being able to do such a stat transfer, and hence why i'm not making the assumption that they can do that.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, January 28 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#48 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 28 2013 - 01:57 PM

View Postrobotokom, on January 28 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Reading comprehension is your friend :)
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#49 robotokom

robotokom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostBeemann, on January 28 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

,*_

#50 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postrobotokom, on January 28 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostBeemann, on January 28 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

,*_
I explained why they would do that.
Immediately and in reply you asked me why they would do that.

Beemann is telling you reading comprehension is your friend because you somehow read my entire statement and not a single word stuck and asked a question to something that had already been answered.

It's like a teacher says "1+1=2" and then a student immediately asks afterwards, "What's 1+1 equal_"

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#51 MedioMorde

MedioMorde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 04:43 PM

^this is why you should just stop posting here, you're intentions are completely off.

Asking to remove the mech or change it does not mean that they will fuzzy bunny you over, you have such a poor perspective.

It means without having to write it all out:
1) if they remove it, credit xp and cost back to the player, or some other way of ensuring those who did have the mech don't get screwed

or

2) change the mech, in which case it would be nice if they offered a refund program for those that didn't like the new assault, where the player again is not screwed out of time or cost.

Don't be so thick and selfish. This is after all BETA testing, which means things like this should be worked out before it gets to official release.

Edited by MedioMorde, January 28 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#52 Otso

Otso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 08:27 PM

What i dont understand is the fact that the assualt is diffrent from the recruit. Yes it may be close but it is not the same. When open beta came out who they would me a new mech just to start with. if you were in closed beta you would know that everyone got the assualt. They are not the same mech they both have there uses. If you can't live with that then go back to world of tanks. Also beeman stop following AJK with everything he says, you will get nowhere in life following people.

-Pickle Out
Posted Image

#53 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 28 2013 - 11:18 PM

How about people who cap the CTR have their CTR's REPLACED with the Assault mech and those who have already bought the assault have that replaced with a new mech (not yet released, but will be). Actually it makes more sense to unlock the Assault chassis for the CTR and then they lose their rookie internals permanently. Then those who have already bought the assault have that replaced with a new mech (not yet released, but will be).

(Anyone else think the prestige weapons are a bit to pricey_ I mean they are almost about as much as a new mech.)

Edited by ShadowWarg, January 28 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#54 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 11:38 PM

Level 25 assault and level 25 CR-T are the same thing except one is better than the other. Thats why I played the worse one :V

Edited by PlagueDoctor, January 28 2013 - 11:38 PM.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#55 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 12:00 AM

@ MedioMorde : Your intentions are just as selfish, so enough with the 'Holier Than Thou' act, mmmmkay _
Don't make me put a contract out on you with Piekill Unlimited now :P

View PostPlagueDoctor, on January 28 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Level 25 assault and level 25 CR-T are the same thing except one is better than the other. Thats why I played the worse one :V

Yes, but you already stated you are insane :P
On that note, i'd like to see you level an Assault to 25 with no internals; i wonder if it would be as bad as the Bruiser.

#56 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 29 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on January 29 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

i wonder if it would be as bad as the Bruiser.
Not a chance :P
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#57 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 12:35 AM

I bet you enjoyed him playing that Bruiser though whenever you played against him, you dirty scoundrell ! :D :P

#58 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted February 01 2013 - 12:10 AM

Personally I find the assault mech to be -slightly- faster than the recruit.  And as mentioned, having the point D at level 7 is nice, instead of waiting for level 25.
Posted Image

#59 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 01 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostMartock, on February 01 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Personally I find the assault mech to be -slightly- faster than the recruit.  And as mentioned, having the point D at level 7 is nice, instead of waiting for level 25.
Placebo effect. The assault is the same speed
Also, it`s 4 at this point, but ultimately that doesn`t matter as it`s a short term investment that many players won`t know they`re making
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#60 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:55 PM

but you do get the Point D at level 4 (with the cooldown ability)That's not all bad :D

It needs a new Gun for the prestige weapon, maybe from a new Mech.
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users