HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Make Camera Shake _Mandatory_

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 25 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostGagzila, on February 25 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

No, you just need to grow up and learn how to speak with other adults instead of always reverting to "your argument is invalid"...that in itself invalidates nothing. I must actually be hitting pretty close to the mark if that's all you can come back with.

Your inability to reasonably concede to any extent on any given point shows what an egotistic and immature person you are. All I am doing is trying to help you see it from my perspective...I've already acknowledged your's and accepted it.
It's generally a faux-pas in rational discussion to make condescending arguments stemming from a position of supposed maturity in place of a normal argument

Edited by Beemann, February 25 2013 - 09:27 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#182 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted February 25 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 25 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'm sorry you don't like it, but it is an invalid analogy.
While they share the superficial aspect of being types of "shakes" the function very differently.
You can not claim that having someone grab you by the head and shaking you in real life is functionally similar to simulated screen shake that you have the option to turn down or off.
I honestly don't know how you can't see the major differences that separate the two.

There's nothing wrong with the analogy, of which the objective is to provide an example with similarities you can relate to and therefore gain an understanding through it of the point being made. The basic point behind mine is that impaired vision affects the accurateness of your hand eye co-ordination, it's a pretty simple and fact bound truth. But I know you understand this and are just using underhand tactics to try winning the argument by acting as if you are of some snob nosed higher intellect by your constant dismissive use of grammatical terms to describe my arguments instead of just discussing the matter like a normal person would.

I honestly don't see how you can't see the major similarities that make the analogy work. If I said an AFL football is like a basketball and would pop if punctured, you would go "invalid analogy! invalid analogy!" yet both have bladders that are inflated with air, enabling them to bounce. That they are both for completely different sports and bounce differently are beside the point of the analogy.

I'd except your points if they were logical and you didn't try to pervert facts into something they aren't.
And if you've accepted my position, then why are you still arguing_

Oh, please do point out my perversions and how I am not being logical with explanations of how I have "tried" to do that_ You always demand proof of others but never provide any yourself.

And did you not learn the difference between "perspective" and "position" at school_

Right back at ya buddy. ;)

Nothing wrong here, I am quite able to be reasonable if the other person is willing....and I am still going out of my way to try and reasonable with you when you don't outright disrespect my opinion, "buddy" :rolleyes:

View PostBeemann, on February 25 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

It's generally a faux-pas in rational discussion to make condescending arguments stemming from a position of supposed maturity in place of a normal argument

Is it incorrect to call a child immature_ Is it incorrect to call someone that displays a level of self importance to the point that they think they can't ever be wrong, egotistic_ Simply calling it as I see it...

Cheers,

Gagzila

Edited by Gagzila, February 25 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Posted Image

#183 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 25 2013 - 11:04 PM

It`s also immature to intentionally misrepresent someone else`s position to give a false sense of credibility to self important ramblings

Have a nice day
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#184 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted February 26 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostBeemann, on February 25 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

It`s also immature to intentionally misrepresent someone else`s position to give a false sense of credibility to self important ramblings

Have a nice day

Exactly, you summed up AJK's actions quite nicely :)

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#185 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 26 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostGagzila, on February 26 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

View PostBeemann, on February 25 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Have a nice day
Exactly, you summed up AJK's actions quite nicely :)
Oh ho!
Aren't you the clever little one.
Unfortunately not helping prove that you're mature at all.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#186 Solaris17

Solaris17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTampa Florida

Posted February 26 2013 - 01:52 PM

I dont think they will ever do it just know that we cranked that to the max and every time we make a crazy play we did it out of pure skill to compensate for the shake

#187 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 26 2013 - 01:58 PM

They wont make it mandatory to have it on at full but you must have it on in the settings because there is no option to turn it all the way off. The reason there are different settings levels is because of Virtual motion sickness http://en.wikipedia....irtual_reality. Other effects like Motion blur and the film grain helped to cause this to happen in the game but These two setting can be turned off completely.

So it is mandatory but you can change the levels a severity.

#188 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 07:45 PM

I demand a screen disabled mode!!  Mandatory power saving mode for all connected monitors!

#189 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted February 26 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostSolaris17, on February 26 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

I dont think they will ever do it just know that we cranked that to the max and every time we make a crazy play we did it out of pure skill to compensate for the shake

View PostNBShoot_me, on February 26 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I demand a screen disabled mode!!  Mandatory power saving mode for all connected monitors!

Wut_

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on February 26 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

They wont make it mandatory to have it on at full but you must have it on in the settings because there is no option to turn it all the way off. The reason there are different settings levels is because of Virtual motion sickness http://en.wikipedia....irtual_reality. Other effects like Motion blur and the film grain helped to cause this to happen in the game but These two setting can be turned off completely.

So it is mandatory but you can change the levels a severity.

Thanks CKJ for confirming there is no fully off option...what we are ideally asking for is a server side option to force a certain higher level of screen shake (once the server browser comes back and the player base is big enough to warrant server side forced options) to cater for people that want to play with it on without playing at a disadvantage at the same time (much like a racing simulator can force "cockpit" or other views to put everyone joining that server on the same playing field).

AJK and Beeman - since I submitted this post in a renewed attempt to actually discuss the matter in a reasonable manner, you have posted 5 replies between the two of you of which none actually respond in any proper sense to my post or in regards to the actual topic but are solely focused on trying to make out as if I am the one behaving irrationally...very troll like behaviour.

I like how there's also no comment regarding this response, must have got it spot on again. Even a direct request for you to go ahead and show me where I'm supposedly going wrong is met by silence which speaks louder than words.

Seriously guys, if you don't have anything constructive to further add to this discussion then don't bother posting...making dismissive categorisations of my arguments ISN'T the same as addressing them with counter points in a discussion.

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#190 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostGagzila, on February 26 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Wut_

Wut_

#191 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 27 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostGagzila, on February 26 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

AJK and Beeman - since I submitted this post in a renewed attempt to actually discuss the matter in a reasonable manner, you have posted 5 replies between the two of you of which none actually respond in any proper sense to my post or in regards to the actual topic but are solely focused on trying to make out as if I am the one behaving irrationally...very troll like behaviour.

I like how there's also no comment regarding this response, must have got it spot on again. Even a direct request for you to go ahead and show me where I'm supposedly going wrong is met by silence which speaks louder than words.
Except you've continuously failed to provide empirical evidence that supports your assertions. You keep using anecdotal evidence and treating like it is fact, which is irrational behavior.

As for other irrational behavior that's nonconstructive_
You are constantly belligerent, condescending and outright insulting. You twist dictionary definitions that hurt your argument to mean the opposite. You launch personal attacks at nearly everyone who doesn't agree with you. You repeatedly dismiss peoples opinion via ad hominem arguments.

I don't know why you expect to be able to have a constructive discussion when you do not utilize ethical debate habits.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, February 27 2013 - 06:31 AM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#192 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted March 04 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 27 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

That's post number 6 troll...crawl back into your cave before everyone else sees your true form.

All of your assertions above are completely false and are a contradictory personal attack in themselves. The only people on here I have ever had a proper go at is yourself and Beemann out of sheer frustration in trying to level with you and actually discuss the topic rather than have a grammatical war. But I see that will never happen (after my last and final failed attempt) so as usual, I agree to disagree with you and shall leave it at that.

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users