HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Installer not working (lengthy explaination)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Master_RoShambo

Master_RoShambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 10:34 AM

So I've been trying to get Hawken installed on my computer for the last 24 hours to no avial. I've looked through the forums, as well as other google found sites that trouble shoot these types of issues and still have not found a complete answer to this problem. So here's the scoop. When I download the installer, hawkeninstaller.exe, the file is 17 mb. This seems pretty small to me, but I'm not an expert on that sort of thing, but then once I run the installer, my true concern shows. Once I chose a destination for the files to be installed to, the installation begins, but once the status bar reaches about ten percent complete or so, it will either stop right there and say the installation is complete, or will jump all the way to the end of the bar and say the installation is complete. Either way, then it says everything is finished and asks if I wish to play Hawken. Once I start the launcher, it loads a few things and then gives me the opportunity to sign in. I put in my information, and hit "sign in". From there, the status bar goes to 100% where it sits filled, and that's as far as I get. The little description above the bar says, "loaded patcher. working..." but will never proceed from there. I do not have the ability to click launch, and the gear symbol brings up an error that says "verify not available while launcher is busy". This same process happens everytime I download the installer, regardless of where I get it from, or where I install the files. I'm assuming it's the installer, and that it's lacking some files, hence why it only loads ten percent on the bar and why the launcher doesn't work, but I could be wrong. Any ideas_ or am I alone on this one_

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 10:39 AM

Please post your system specs: CPU, RAM, Windows version (and if it's 32- or 64-bit), graphics card, graphics driver version.

Also, do you have any security software installed_
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Master_RoShambo

Master_RoShambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 04:13 PM

Running an i7 with 12 GB of ram on windows 7 64bit. I have an ATI Fire Pro v7800 running Version 8.720.0.0. I also am not running any firewall software besides the base windows firewall that comes with the OS.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 04:42 PM

Can you tell me what the Catalyst software version is_ (e.g. 13.1)

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#5 Master_RoShambo

Master_RoShambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 05:41 PM

it's 10.3

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 05:49 PM

...wow, your drivers are way out of date. But, that isn't going to affect Hawken's installer deciding to slack off, so don't worry about updating your drivers right this instant. The less unrelated stuff you mess with at one time, the better.

What kind of internet connection do you have (cable/DSL/etc., approximate expected download speed cap), and roughly where are you in the world_ (Country, region of the US if in the US)

#7 Master_RoShambo

Master_RoShambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 05:57 PM

in the midwest with 6 MB dsl

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 06:19 PM

I presume you've rebooted since this started happening. If not, do that.

This is what I'd like you to do. Please uninstall Hawken, and then go to DocumentsMy Games and delete the Hawken folder if it exists. Edit: Missed a step! Go to your Hawken install directory location (default: c:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainment) and delete the MeteorEntertainment directory if it exists.

Please only do this next step if you are comfortable with working with your system registry and you are ready to handle the consequences if something goes wrong. I can't take responsibility for anything that goes wrong if you don't follow this step exactly and break something critical. I'm not a support staff member, just a player, but I do have a tech support background.

If you are comfortable with the registry, open up regedit and navigate to HKCUSoftwareMeteorEntertainment and delete the entire MeteorEntertainment key, with the Hawken subkey. That's all for that, so close out the editor.

Whether you edited the registry or not, do the following steps.

If it would not be too disruptive for your household, I'd like you to unplug the power (but not any of the other cables) from the back of your modem and router, and then shut your computer off completely. Then, power the modem on and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up. If your DSL modem is separate from your router, plug your router in after that two-minute wait and turn your computer back on. (If you don't have a separate router, the modem/router is obviously already powered on by this point.) The point of this process is to make sure that there is as little chance as possible that your networking equipment is interfering with the process.

If this would be too disruptive to other things you're doing or other members of your household, we can skip it, but I would recommend rebooting your modem and router if it's been a while (over a month). If you decide not to reboot everything, then reboot your computer, whether or not you edited the registry.

Then try installing Hawken. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we try and sort this out. :)

Edited by Elix, February 13 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#9 Galaxycruiser

Galaxycruiser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hmm I too was having this issue.. followed all instructions except rebooting router/pc after deleting the registry and it seems to be downloading updates.

#10 black_squads

black_squads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 24 2014 - 01:00 AM

i want to play hawken...but i have no hawken intaller...plz how to download hawken....give me link thanks more power

#11 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 26 2014 - 02:22 AM

View Postblack_squads, on September 24 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

i want to play hawken...but i have no hawken intaller...plz how to download hawken....give me link thanks more power

This is an old thread from the pre-Steam era. When you want to install Hawken these days use Steam to download it. Go to the steam store, search for hawken and take it from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users