HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Cockpit: Competitive Talks with [HWK]Hugs

Announcement Community Event Exclusive Interview Video

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 13 2013 - 08:21 PM

If you missed it, you can find the recorded stream here: http://www.twitch.tv...pit/b/367110436

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#22 Poetess

Poetess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 13 2013 - 11:34 PM

Alright AJK, a full transcript was taking too long to compile but I have a transcript that highlights a lot of the important answers Hugs provided.  Since I wanted to format it in a nice and legible way I went ahead and composed an article on the site I write for.  I figured you and The Cockpit deserve a shout-out for helping bring this together.  We get around 1,500+ page views a day so hopefully these talks get even more listeners in the future :D!

Dragonblogger: HAWKEN Competitive Community Talk with Hugs Feb. 13, 2013
Posted Image
^Vote for my T-shirt design shown above here: Submission Link

#23 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted February 14 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostSylhiri, on February 13 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 13 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

It was a time that worked for people in all timezones.

I was thinking that Cockpit was later tonight.

Conquistador, ask Hugs about EOC mines >:0

... I WASN'T ABLE TO! APOLOGIES!  D=

Edited by Conquistador, February 14 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#24 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted February 14 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thank YOU! I'm already chatting with the team about doing this again. I appreciate how understanding everyone is being about the limits of what I can talk about with any authority.

Like a lot of other things we do, this was an experiment. Everyone being so awesome (even as I managed to cause my own personal power outage) makes it tons easier to consider dragging more "authoritative" folks into the firing range.

xxoo
xxoo

#25 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 14 2013 - 01:25 AM

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Right now we’re doing it all ourselves. We are looking at different partners. I better not name anything because we don’t have any contracts signed. We are looking for partners to help us with coverage – we’re in talks with various providers. [[/font]1:04:16[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]][/font]

Can someone explain what is a 'coverage provider' and  what this all means_

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#26 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 14 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostReachH, on February 14 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Right now we’re doing it all ourselves. We are looking at different partners. I better not name anything because we don’t have any contracts signed. We are looking for partners to help us with coverage – we’re in talks with various providers. [1:04:16]

Can someone explain what is a 'coverage provider' and  what this all means_
That was in regards to eSports.
So that would be finding someone to provide coverage for tournaments and the like.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#27 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:14 AM

Within the first 40 seconds of the recording...

Tman: Question - Who here runs on toasters_

:lol:  LOL!

Posted Image

#28 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:33 AM

ossible Return of Switching Weapon Loadouts

Weapons balancing and loadouts are something we are constantly looking at. I think in the near future any changes you see are mostly going to be on the new mechs. It’s similar to how we’re trying out the camos. We’re building out a system so that we on our side can more easily change out what you can equip and what you can’t.

Does this mean that we won't be allowed to be switching Primaries anytime soon or that it's just off the table for now_ That makes Kiwi sad, though not surprised, as this is one of the things stopping Kiwi from getting back into the game.
Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#29 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:34 AM

When it happens again , I would ask to be directly included so I can handle setting up audio and other things to help it become a little more produced and easier for ppl to get Questions out and heard. Overall for what it is Good job guys/gals.

This was a lot of fun and made my evening during dinner time, I know everyone wants to be serious all the time and have super real questions but it was a nice gesture and im glad Hugs is my VD queen today!!

To all involved and the support you give our Twitch page - Sincerely Thank you.
Posted Image

#30 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 14 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostWarPig, on February 14 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

When it happens again , I would ask to be directly included so I can handle setting up audio and other things to help it become a little more produced and easier for ppl to get Questions out and heard. Overall for what it is Good job guys/gals.
Hugs proposed we should try doing this again after the next patch. I would be happy to work with you to produce a better quality cast. Kjell was kind enough to throw all that together like a half hour before we started, so it was a bit haphazard.

AJK is right

#31 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted February 14 2013 - 10:28 AM

Even for being a little bit haphazard it was still a good show. Once again GJ Guys.
I'll be sure to tune in next time as well.

Edited by G4M5T3R, February 14 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#32 Hilljack

Hilljack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:22 AM

I really enjoyed this. Thank you to everyone involved, especially those that showed up on time! :D
PSA: Follow the white arrow, not the red dot.

#33 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 14 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hugs proposed we should try doing this again after the next patch. I would be happy to work with you to produce a better quality cast. Kjell was kind enough to throw all that together like a half hour before we started, so it was a bit haphazard.

I was aware but wasn't able to help my 6month old had better plans right before it all began.... Next time tho I give him some rum and I be good to go!
Posted Image

#34 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostWarPig, on February 14 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 14 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

I was aware but wasn't able to help my 6month old had better plans right before it all began.... Next time tho I give him some rum and I be good to go!
Warpig #1 Parent :D

AJK is right

#35 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:36 AM

multiple teeth coming in at same time is not a pretty thing but after a bit of crying you will do whats needed...  My wife accused me of hax with the baby...I lol'd in her face said no demo no proof woman!
Posted Image

#36 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostWarPig, on February 14 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

multiple teeth coming in at same time is not a pretty thing but after a bit of crying you will do whats needed...  My wife accused me of hax with the baby...I lol'd in her face said no demo no proof woman!

Rum is a good hack for teething, I find. Did you use any_ If so, you are hacking.
Posted Image

#37 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:42 AM

I did.

Everyone always says whiskey, but this is a Rum house and always will be.
Posted Image

#38 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted February 14 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 13 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

If you missed it, you can find the recorded stream here: http://www.twitch.tv...pit/b/367110436

View PostPoetess, on February 13 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Alright AJK, a full transcript was taking too long to compile but I have a transcript that highlights a lot of the important answers Hugs provided.  Since I wanted to format it in a nice and legible way I went ahead and composed an article on the site I write for...

AJK could you please update the OP with these links_
Inactive.

#39 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 12:42 PM

Great job Poetess.

I enjoyed when Beeman broke down Seige for her and why it does not work for E-sports.

All in all there was very little information gained.  But it was nice to see the community and Dev's communicating openly.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#40 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 14 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostRentAKnight, on February 14 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 13 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

View PostPoetess, on February 13 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Alright AJK, a full transcript was taking too long to compile but I have a transcript that highlights a lot of the important answers Hugs provided.  Since I wanted to format it in a nice and legible way I went ahead and composed an article on the site I write for...

AJK could you please update the OP with these links_
Good idea

AJK is right

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Community, Event, Exclusive, Interview, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users