HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Building the Hawken community

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 exelor

exelor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 10 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hey guys,

I would love to get some feedback on a gaming website I'm working on with some friends. We are still in an early development phase, but I would love to see more Hawken content on the site. I thought I ask here if someone might be interested in helping us growing our Hawken community or wants to contribute to Hawken every once in a while.

Here is the link to our Hawken community, as you can see we need a lot of help with it ;)
http://www.anook.com/game/hawken

Thank you for reading,

exelor

#2 Prospect

Prospect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted September 25 2012 - 02:02 AM

I never understood this why would you build a "Hawken Community" when your on the OFFICIAL Hawken Community forum __

criticism:

Looks nice but its nothing that we haven't seen and talk about here <_<

Operating System: CPU Type:    CPU Speed:   System Memory:      Video Card Model:
Windows 7 SP1     i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz     3.29 GHz          2 GB   GeForce GT 520

#3 Pyroka

Pyroka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 25 2012 - 07:48 PM

Websites such as Reddit, 4chan's /vg/ (Videogame Generals) and even this very forum kind of fills in the need for any sort of community site. The best kind of website this community can benefit from is one similar to Defense Of The Ancients' www.playdota.com.

It contains guides, content information, access to replays and even a news section for everything that is being updated with new developments about their game.  The only feature it lacks is a competetive ladder, but that is usually organised by tournament organisers. In DOTA/DOTA2's case, a website called
joindota runs its own tournaments (Such as "The Defense") which all teams are able to sign up and compete. I digress.

TL;DR. The best kind of "Community site" the community can actually benefit from in my eyes, is a competetively driven one.

Edited by Pyroka, September 25 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#4 Dam187

Dam187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationpa (usa)

Posted September 27 2012 - 03:09 PM

You're thinking all wrong. If you're building a community then you have to think what your role in the community would be. If you want to be a rolemodel. First you must be entirely active in the community itself. Since you already stated that you & your friends made your website just for hawken, this means you got to pick your roles within the Hawkin website itself. So if the rolemodel role for the community is what you & your friends are after, you must pick either the mentor role or superstar role.

Mentor Role:
You help players within the community. There are obvious ways to accomplish this. You can be the go to guys when questions are asked. You can be the information highway guys, this means you are the first to post anything in the forums about everything new in hawken. You can be the top notch guys, that means you know everything ingame-the best hiding spots, what formations on a team works best & how to quickly develop one's skills playing the game itself and you take on apprentices.

Superstar Role:
You take the top ranks in one or more categories. Another is you are always on the forums that everybody knows who you are. Finally, you gain a good limelight with the admins & mods that they just talk good things about you to other members in the forums.

If you feel the Rolemodel Role isn't for you then maybe you should look more towards a Community member Role. You are still active in the community, but you are more behind the scenes.

Community supporter role:
You are entirely active in the forums especially in feedback, bug reporting, suggestions & commenting on player's art & media pieces for Hawken, and greeting new players in the introduction.

Community Builder role:
A community builder does all he can to get attention for the community. He posts on various social sites when he'd play the game & invite others to join him. He post up videos, screenshots & make wallpapers promoting the Hawken game & forums. He might go as far as submitting reviews to various gaming review websites such as mmobomb.com

The only way you can go further in any role is to become a competitive gamer in Hawken or Join the staff in Hawken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users