HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN Alpha 2 Announcement

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 14 2012 - 06:44 PM

POPULAR

Penny Arcade Expo 2012 has ended and holy cow, WHAT a show! We were so excited to get fans into our booth to play HAWKEN, and boy did you ever! We had lines to play all three days and even then we weren’t able to get everyone through who wanted to play. Some of the fans in attendance were lucky enough to snag codes for our Alpha 2 test. But how to redeem them_!

If you were one of the lucky PAX attendees to receive a code for Alpha 2 and have been trying to figure out how to redeem it, fear not! We’ll be rolling out a new website (and forums) very soon and it will allow you to apply your code to your HAWKEN account! While we haven’t announced an exact date for this roll-out, it’s coming in a couple of weeks.

You couldn’t make it to PAX but want in on Alpha 2_ We’ll be sending out Alpha 2 invites to some fans who have enlisted on the official HAWKEN website to help us test the game and stress our servers. PROTIP: If you haven’t yet, enlist right now! Following Alpha 2 is our Closed Beta Test with more information to come as we get closer to its start date. Want to know the best way to increase your chances of suiting up in your mech before launch_ Participate on the official forums to stay up to date on all things HAWKEN!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Drumax

Drumax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 11:17 PM

Ah, I'm excited for this game, I really can't wait, I've been checking on this site everyday for at least 2 weeks now. I enlisted about a month ago, I really want to play, keep me posted on the Alpha 2 so I test it out =)

#3 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted September 15 2012 - 01:51 AM

Super excited and I LOVE the new site design, but I do have a few questions (and if this isn't the place for it, just throw me in the general direction and I'll meander from there) with regards to Alpha 2 and codes issued from PAX.
  • The Alpha 2 Announcment post from yesterday mentions that the new website & forums will be coming very soon, and the exact date for roll-out is in a couple weeks but is unannounced at this point, however it does look like the website & forums redesign is already complete, and Alpha 2 code holders have the ability to punch it in on their account. Is this information just out of date_
  • On the front page, the Play Free button is available but when clicked takes to a page that says only Alpha code holders are available to play the game right now. If you enter an alpha 2 code in then at this point, the page changes to state the next alpha wave will be starting in 'just a few days'. I'd love to see it in a few days (again) but if I have to wait weeks it isn't a big deal; my real question here is a clarification on the date approximation, is it a few days or a few weeks_
I think I logged somewhere around 4 hours of playtime (not line time) at PAX this year on HAWKEN, and can't wait to get back into the fight! Keep up the prompt updates and information!

#4 tentaclesheep

tentaclesheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationKrakow, Poland

Posted September 15 2012 - 05:17 AM

Besides being happy and hoping to play the game soon, I've encoutered a peculiarity. I have enlisted on 1 IX 2012, and registered my callsign. When I came back to the new website (today), my e-mail address wasn't recognized, so I enlisted again using the same e-mail. Wasn't something strange happening to your playerID database_
Posted Image

#5 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted September 15 2012 - 06:01 AM

I also had to re-register (e-mail), but all the account information has been preserved: the signature and posts.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#6 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted September 15 2012 - 07:49 AM

yeah they should have made it clear to the community you have to re-register or change password to get in to the new site, but every thing its there.

Posted Image

#7 luqius

luqius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 09:32 AM

Loved Hawken at gamescom!
Looking forward to the beta 2 :)

#8 Rumicube

Rumicube

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 10:57 AM

I want to play Hawken but I couldn't go to pax or gamescon :( and I doubt I'll get an alpha code

#9 Audio

Audio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 12:23 PM

Game looks good! hopefully it plays like it looks.

#10 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 15 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostKyrzon, on September 15 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

The Alpha 2 Announcment post from yesterday mentions that the new website & forums will be coming very soon, and the exact date for roll-out is in a couple weeks but is unannounced at this point, however it does look like the website & forums redesign is already complete, and Alpha 2 code holders have the ability to punch it in on their account. Is this information just out of date_
Good catch! This is actually a republished news post from a few days ago. As you've pointed out, the new PlayHawken.com and forums are live along with Alpha 2 code redemption. One of my first tasks for next week is to populate and publish an FAQ to address this and other good questions.

On the front page, the Play Free button is available but when clicked takes to a page that says only Alpha code holders are available to play the game right now. If you enter an alpha 2 code in then at this point, the page changes to state the next alpha wave will be starting in 'just a few days'. I'd love to see it in a few days (again) but if I have to wait weeks it isn't a big deal; my real question here is a clarification on the date approximation, is it a few days or a few weeks_
We'll have more details on the timing of Alpha 2 very soon. We're really eager to get it rolling!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#11 syntax

syntax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ah! Can't wait for the Alpha test to start, and at the same time as the Chivalry beta_! Yikes, I guess schoolwork will have to wait.

#12 Cyde

Cyde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 15 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm not sure if my body is ready or not for the alpha...

#13 PrOpane

PrOpane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted September 15 2012 - 04:12 PM

Wish I got an Alpha invite all my friends did :(

#14 Unwritten

Unwritten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany, NRW

Posted September 15 2012 - 04:26 PM

Looking forward to Hawken. The level of detail you put into the mechs and maps is absolutely stunning. Cant wait to get my hands on it. :)

#15 ConcreteSurfer

ConcreteSurfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 04:26 PM

How Do you know if you got a Alpha invite_ I enlisted and save myself a callsign.

#16 Skalashnikov

Skalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 04:28 PM

Im really excited, Ive been waiting for a good mech game since forever.

#17 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 05:01 PM

Alright, first post!

Got my email a couple hours ago or so. I've been excited and following things via Neogaf so this is definitely worthy of me signing up and posting here. Can't wait!

#18 SpringField

SpringField

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 15 2012 - 05:21 PM

Got a mail aswell. :)
Hi, my name is SpringField and I am a game-aholic.

#19 driftaholic

driftaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ, USA

Posted September 15 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hope I can get a apha key :D

#20 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 15 2012 - 09:42 PM

I'm very excited about this game, hopefully i get a code for alpha two. I'll be checking my email and this site every day until its release.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users