HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Winning Hearts, Minds, and Awards at PAX Prime 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 14 2012 - 06:54 PM

PAX Prime 2012 was a great show for HAWKEN. It was hard to walk anywhere in the convention center and not see the game! HAWKEN was playable in multiple booths thanks to awesome partners like Machinima and MadCatz.

Not only was the booth packed every day, the line to play HAWKEN never died down! We also were very honored to receive several awards! Destructoid named us one of the MUST SEE games of PAX Prime 2012, Best of PC and Best of Graphics from STFUandPlay.com, Best Hybrid from MMORPG.com and ShoGunGamer graced us with their Best of PC award!

In addition to our booth being the place to be at PAX for some hands on time with HAWKEN, we also were able to host a huge event for our fans. On Friday night, we completely took over a Seattle nightclub and turned it into one big HAWKEN party! Yummy appetizers, cool drinks, and hot gameplay went on late into the night. With two separate areas filled with gaming stations, fans were able to get their mech on into the wee hours of the morning!

It was awesome seeing future mech pilots’ reactions to HAWKEN, and it never gets old. If you weren’t able to attend PAX and experience HAWKEN before launch, be sure to keep your eyes on your inbox: Alpha 2 is coming!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 beowuff

beowuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted September 14 2012 - 07:19 PM

Playing Hawken was the highlight of PAX for me. I got to play 4 times at the Machinima booth. They were starting to recognize me there :) Looking forward to applying the alpha code I won :D
Posted Image  Eh, what's up, doc_  

#3 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 09:16 PM

Can't care any less how many awards this game had through the spans and show cases. We will see a true taste of it when the game falls in our hands. Exactly there we will see if all this effort payed good dividends.

The delivery is the only thing that talks in my ears. No hype, no crap or adds or recognition will push to see if this worth my time. If the game is there to show some intricate levels, a solid game play without that fucking lag so popular on online games and a solid robust code, I'm all for it. For me the deliver is what matters most at this point.

How many levels_ How many weapons_ How we will pay for the new features_ Does the game provide tools for editing_ Are we going to be able producing community content for free_ Are we going to have map packs_ New vehicles for this game_

This is what will tell me if this game really worth the ride. I've seen good art.....but games needs more than that....

I'm sure this will try to deliver.....I hope...

#4 Trollslegur

Trollslegur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostMechMechanic, on September 14 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Can't care any less how many awards this game had through the spans and show cases. We will see a true taste of it when the game falls in our hands. Exactly there we will see if all this effort payed good dividends.

The delivery is the only thing that talks in my ears. No hype, no fuzzy bunny or adds or recognition will push to see if this worth my time. If the game is there to show some intricate levels, a solid game play without that fuzzy bunny lag so popular on online games and a solid robust code, I'm all for it. For me the deliver is what matters most at this point.

How many levels_ How many weapons_ How we will pay for the new features_ Does the game provide tools for editing_ Are we going to be able producing community content for free_ Are we going to have map packs_ New vehicles for this game_

This is what will tell me if this game really worth the ride. I've seen good art.....but games needs more than that....

I'm sure this will try to deliver.....I hope...
I couldn't agree with you more. If there's no customization, you can count me out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users