HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

N00b say goodbye

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Th3C4mill0

Th3C4mill0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 01:12 AM

Hello meteor entertainment, helly hawken-player and hawken-cant-playplayer and lostconnectiontohosthawkenwouldliketoplay-player. I am disappointed that game, but your tutorial looks fine but its to short.

One solution to solve your connecting error - make levels for localplay with automatic-bots without a must-internet-connecting-map. Than your players can play the game, become xp till level XY maybe 10 - i dont no and the result is they are not so frustrating who i.

Eine Lösung bis Sie das Verbindungsproblem gelöst haben - erschaffen Sie Einzelspieler Karten zum lokalen Spielen ohne dass ein Server genutzt werden muss - So kann der Spieler Ihr Spiel testen, Spass haben bekommt noch XP bis zu einem bestimmten Level - und ist nicht so frustriert wie ich nun. Denn ich werde nun das Spiel deinstallieren.

Best regards and cherio

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted February 23 2013 - 01:59 AM

Goodbye threads are against the rules but I must point out a few things to you. I know there are problems with the connection but do not give up so easily since this is really an awesome game! And gaining XP against bot would be very unfair even with a level limit.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 02:02 AM

Quick fix , try to cancel the find match and restart it again, it seems to become shorter and faster in joining a match , also we need to have some Patience and yes it is a good game that grows on you.

love it or hate it, its up to you.

cheers

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#4 Th3C4mill0

Th3C4mill0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 03:50 AM

Dear Omega22, nice idea but i have it too. Now i downgrade the settings exit the luncher an retry it. @houruck: ok without xp-point. That won't solve the connection to host errors. gameprogramer will that player games her game. with your connecting error some people cant play your game. i'm a programer of internet solutions (dotNet Apps and Phyton) not for games but connecting problems should be solved bye your programers simpler.

Connection to the host lost . Fine - Now i deinstall this f@*1ng buggy game - please give me more points

Settings: downgrade to minimum requirements - My System: Intel E8500 with 16GB RAM Zotec560Ti 1024 GraphicCard - i intalled tehe game on winxp, windVista, win7 and win2008 and under Ubuntu 12.04 - set the Hawker App to the firewall-exceptions in all systems but the effect its the same "connection to host lost" - thanx 4 steeling my time.

Edited by Th3C4mill0, February 23 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#5 Osune

Osune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 05:20 AM

Edit: should eat before posting. Tend to insult people when I'm hungry.

Edited by Osune, February 23 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#6 x81xEISENWOLF

x81xEISENWOLF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 08:17 AM

:D realy a great game...........!!!!!    thx a lot......  (love all kind of mecha games)
but got the same problems :angry: ........ dont like the stuttering and lost conn.   errors.........   hope its fixed soon..!!!!!!!!!
did i say it`s a realy great game............ :P

#7 Harr

Harr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 02:13 PM

Have you tried selecting the nearest region when connecting_ If you play from Germany you should select UK.

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 24 2013 - 03:47 PM

I guess you don't want to file a support ticket before you get suspended for breaking the "goodbye thread" rules.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#9 SmirkingRevenge

SmirkingRevenge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 04:48 PM

I play from Aus and I select 'All Regions'... simply because can be waiting for a damn while to get a decent match.  I have yet to see a ping below 240 (average around 280-340) and yet I'm still scoring pretty highly - I also get dropouts and lost connections, but so what_

Fact of the matter is, this game is not a finished product yet.  I don't think its fair to give up on it completely given that there's a lot of known issues and suggestions for future content, a lot of which probably pertains to the issues you're experiencing.

I for one am happy to deal with the niggly things, because when it works, its gold.  Even if I'm only playing the one match type on the 2 available maps with a ping 3 times higher than most of the people I'm playing with :)  It's a free-to-play game, cut them some slack hey.

Edited by SmirkingRevenge, February 24 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#10 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted February 24 2013 - 06:00 PM

i cant confirm that germany have big troubles with stable  ping. i have ~80 on uk servers
[german]
Welchen Provider hast du_ Ich bin bei Kabel BW und hier gibt es keine Probleme. Hast du versucht auf "UK" Servern zu spielen_ Man kann Region für Match making auswählen.

Edited by necroq, February 24 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Majic12

Majic12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 08:09 PM

I can not confirm a bad ping from Germany. Unless there were global issues with disconnects and the likes, I have always been maintaining an constant ~72 ping from my location down south on UK servers.

However, I can confirm that most of us Germans are a major pain in the bunny, as seen in some threads around the forums at the moment and on servers as well. It seems we are always on the forefront of whining about every single issue there is with this open beta.

Please to be stop whine and enjoy gaem. Thank yous.
[Pilot Error]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users