HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Functionality Customization

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: The best OVERALL customization & play to YOU (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Which prior mech based game series had the best OVERALL customization & gameplay options in YOUR opinion

1. Armored Core (26 votes [52.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

2. Phantom Crash (3 votes [6.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

3. Steel Battalion (2 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Mech Assault (1 votes [2.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

5. Mech Warrior (10 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. Gundam (2 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

7. Chrome Hounds (6 votes [12.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ThePirateLife

ThePirateLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted September 17 2012 - 04:01 AM

Does anyone here remember Phantom Crash_ If so, what a fun game that was, even if it's controls were clunky as piss at times. What I pose is this; How and in what ways should we be customizing our mechs_ To what extent_ If you're a mech fan, you've probably experienced any (if not all) of the following: Phantom Crash, Mech Warrior, Mech Assault, Armored Core, Steel Battalion, Chrome Hounds, Gundam and so on and so forth.

What to you were your likes and dislikes in terms of customization_ Which game would you like the customization to be most like_ Me personally; I long for the days of a modifiable chip-set that adjusts my targeting systems again.. or perhaps even (outside of the mech) a customizable soundtrack involving your own computers music.

What the poll is about is:

Which previous mech based game did you feel had the "best overall" customization & playstyle_

p.s. do you think we should have more than 2 weapons_ where's my shoulder mounted armaments!

p.p.s. 5 extra cool points if you thought of scoobies the first time you saw a clip of hawken :ph34r:
Posted Image

#2 Filen

Filen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 12:39 PM

Remenber Mekton Zeta _

an old role playing game, customization was crazy in this game.

here the player sheet :
http://www.mektonzet...s/Zbuild112.pdf

and a free introduction to the game, you will noticed the "mech management":
http://www.mektonzet...MektonAlpha.pdf

hope to find this kind of personalization :)

#3 FirstSgtDan

FirstSgtDan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, SP - Brazil

Posted September 19 2012 - 05:35 PM

Something that mixed Heavy Gear 1 and Front Mission Evolved would be really nice to see
Posted Image

#4 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:35 PM

Armored Core 4/For Answer had amazing levels of customization, which kept me playing for longer than any other console game that wasn't a fighter. With weight tuning and FRS memory, you could do some really crazy stuff, like unbalancing the weight so you could strafe more tightly in one direction, or adjusting your thrusters to be better geared for constantly flying back and attacking... there was also the possibility of creating your own emblems (which people got incredibly creative with) and painting each individual piece of your gear.

Just make sure that detail-obsessive fine tuning won't directly give you power, but instead be a way to create unique play styles.

I'm not sure how the monetization of parts will effect what can be done with customization, but personally, more is good.

Edited by Immie, September 19 2012 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Cruor

Cruor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 10:53 AM

Armored Core series always had a lot of customization you could do.

Edited by Cruor, September 20 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#6 mancandy

mancandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 07:55 AM

I've played some armoured core games and i want to say that while the customization was expansive, i felt like some of the guns were just terrible and noone should ever use them. It felt like sometimes they had options just for the sake of having more options. Don't do that. Please.

Edited by mancandy, September 27 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#7 Nexus06

Nexus06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationVentura California

Posted October 10 2012 - 08:28 PM

I love the play station armored cores especially  masters of arena, but something happened to them when the went on to the ps2 I hated overheating and radiators and the current games are just terrible. I liked SLAI better then phantom as it was a actually completed game and online play was much better and free.

#8 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted October 11 2012 - 04:53 PM

View Postmancandy, on September 27 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

I've played some armoured core games and i want to say that while the customization was expansive, i felt like some of the guns were just terrible and noone should ever use them. It felt like sometimes they had options just for the sake of having more options. Don't do that. Please.

The actual point to those weapons was offering different playstyles.

I loved my pistols.
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#9 akane

akane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 08:38 PM

Armored Core hands down, absolutely addicted to Steel Battalion as I am, it doesn't really have any customization to speak of beyond some basic loadout switching, deciding on droptanks or applique armor, whatnot.

#10 Braken

Braken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:11 AM

While the Mech Warrior series of games does have a very good amount of customization, I have to admit Armored Core trumps it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users