HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

REAPER ABILITY CHANGE

Announcement Beta Community Forum Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 toPOULAKItsiou

toPOULAKItsiou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGreece Athens

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:03 PM

HEY GUYS IM HERE TO ASK YOU GUYS WHAT YOU THINK OF THE REAPER THE WAY IT IS NOW!
AND I ALSO WANT TO PRESENT AND EXPLAIN THE LOGIC BEHIND A COOL MUST HAVE REAPER
ABILLITY THAT ITS GONA LET THIS MECH TO JOIN THE COMPETITION.

i will start this topic by telling you my oppinion.
reaper is an mobile A class mech.
to me that comes with some pros and some cons
the pros are that you have good mibility and good range.
you can say that you are versital..but that whats A class is all about
but the cons .... i find them to be kinda unfair for the pros you get.
i play reaper as a sniper class and my objective is to poke assist and help the team
get the objective by bringing low health the enemy forcing them to retreat from the objecive
or repear making them sitting ducks.however all that might seem logical to you and you guys think
that this is a good way of using the mech BUT there are problems and man do they su..ck balls.
1)the fact that you have 500 hp makes you go from 100% to 0%hp with just eoc and hellfires
and if you do survive you will be left with10%hp at most! so that force you to stay away from the
objective cause this is where all rocketeers in shiege are at (3 of them every single time!)
you get cloce you die from hellfire spam simple as that.
so im forsed to go in to the supportive role and provide my team with cover fire and all that fuzzy bunny.
2) I see no point in useing the reaper instead of the ss since bouth of them are doing the same job
BUT there are some difrenceses...reaper is an A class. I dont see how you use the mobility and speed of the mech when you standing still shouting from far away.
AND ALSO THE DAMAGE! agen why play reaper when you have ss with his ability that kick peoples butt
i go from 500hp to 105 hp with 2 hits with this ability.YO BRO GET C CLASS HALF LIFE WITH 2 HITS O.O
so as you can tell my point is that reaper is lacking the dps to do the job as effectively ss do.
3)THIS ABILITY...IMPROOVES ACCURACY...REALLY_ YO MA MEN I SEE NO DEFRENSE.
REALLY is that an ability_ you tell me..for me reaper is a mech with no ability.

SO FROM ALL THAT we have a sniper that somehow  the idea was to make it a medium to long range
duelist but in the end get destroyed in mater of 3 secs by hellfires detonator eoc heat canon
combo detonator eoc hellfires you die in 1 sec .
LACKS the damage to do some dps that are needed to make c class to leave the objective.
get too close to the enemie die in mater of seconds not a good duelist anyway since the only mech you
beat is infiltrator on 1v1. GET REAL WHO PICKS REAPER OVER SS IF HE IS GOING FOR THE WIN_
HONESTLY ASK YOUR SELF (how aften do i see a reaper and how often do i see an ss)
so with all that ill finaly get to my point.
ill recoment an ability change that in my oppinion is CRUSUAL FOR THE REAPER.
CHANGE THE ABILITY...make it so that you fire 2 times faster with primary and secondary for 4 secs at lvl 25.
TWO TIMES FASTER_ YOU MUST BE JOKING RIGHT_ NO! THINK ABOUT IT.its sounds op but is it_
let me tell you why its balanced. reaper with the slug rifle is the only reaper you see cause everybody can't stand the
rediculus low dps so they go with slug cause atleast it gives you some desent dps BUT NOT ENOUGHT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE
TO DEAL WITH.
1)hard to aim and hit you must lead your shot
2)low rate of fire
3)HEAT!
4)with 200+ping you just can't hit!
so what happens if we double the rate of fire_
1)harder to land consistant shots.
2)HEAT PROBLEMS x2.
3)mad skills needed to use it at its full potential
so if you look it this way you will see that this ability has risks and its hard to use compare to
the ss ability NAME={PRESS F FOR KILL} that takes no skill to use it.
EAVEN IF YOU HIT 2 TIMES FASTER! BECAUSE OF THE SKILLCAP OF THIS ABILITY ITS QUESTIONABLE
IF YOU DO EVEN THE SAME DAMAGE AS AN SS LET ALONE DO MORE ...
this ability fits the reaper as a poke/duelist mech that enables the mech for 4 sec to actually get the dps needed for the kill in a duel or a range shot .
but at the same time have the risk of overheating and the demand of skill that is nesesary for it to be efficient.

AND MOST INPORTANTLY WITH THIS ABILITY THE MECH HAS A ROLE IN THIS GAME
with that ability you can provide your team some desent poke at siege or misile asault.
you can now actualy feel like you help the team and the role you chose to play actualy does work and rewards you.
make the mech worth your time your money your patience for not ragequiting cause you just got oneshoted buy ss or hellfires+eoc AGEN!
cause lets face it whet a rocketeer gets on aa its just too mutch for the team to get close to
let alone that you always have 2-3 of them on aa spaming hellfire misiles and eoc.
cause of that most games on siege i play have 0-3000 score that says something.

TY GUYS FOR YOUR TIME READING MY POST LEAVE COMMENTS OF WHAT YOU THINK
AND WHAT PART YOU AGREE OR DONT AGREE WITH.
OH  AND SOZ 4 BAD ENGLISH

Edited by toPOULAKItsiou, March 21 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

#2 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:20 PM

Almost never use current ability.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, March 20 2013 - 04:21 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#3 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:24 PM

IIlegible OP. I have much to say, but not if the thread starter cares so little about the content that it cannot be reasonably legible. I am not a grammar fuzzy bunny, but 'wha_'
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#4 Overmaster

Overmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, the OP types too similar to his avatar for me to take him seriously Not sure if troll...

The point is legitimate enough, though. I'm not sure what I want it replaced by, maybe Fuel Reserves or something to aid in escaping unfavourable encounters... But the obvious is we need it replaced. Few mechs want something as bad as Precision Overdrive, but none more than the Reaper who might be most in need of something better.

#5 Major_Victory

Major_Victory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:46 PM

I love my reaper, there is no projectile the slug and Ke-Sabot are hitscan weapons.so I don't get your " you need to lead your shot" comment. You just put crosshairs on target and pow.  Precision overdrive works well for un scoped accuracy, when up close and personal or at very long range. Can there be some added damage added to the current weapons, possibly, or just tone down the heat generation. With the slug/sabot you can really finish off damaged enemies that team mates attack. Try to get used to firing both weapons at the same time, it is a pretty good shot to the face of an enemy.  I really don't think the reaper is bad the way it is, it's really fun to play.

#6 JCBeastie

JCBeastie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location"Sunny" Cornwall, UK

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:50 PM

Reaper was the first mech I purchased (lol @ the video spot now) and I really enjoy playing with it but it definitely feels weak. I just test drove a scout and dear god the difference in offensive output is startling.  

Reaper would benefit a lot more from say a fire rate bonus than an accuracy one. I rarely feel the need to use its action skill, when I do it doesn't 'feel' like anything is happening; it may not be helping at all.

#7 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:52 PM

I honestly find it useless. From level 1 to 25 I can honestly say I used it maybe 3 times.

An ability that increases the KE-Sabot's RoF would be awesome and much more useful.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#8 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:56 PM

typing in all caps just makes me want to not read it

the fact that you hid half of your speech, and use paragraph organization very poorly does not help

Posted Image

#9 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 20 2013 - 04:57 PM

I saw you mentioned having to lead shots... That is not true at normal pings. All the Reaper weapons are hitscan, meaning the bullets travel instantly. Meaning someone can be 3 or 300 meters away and get hit at the exact same time. No leading required.

on the subject of the Reaper's ability, I find it useful when forced into CQC, or when I am using the Hawkins-RPR, because it tightens the RPR's spread and makes an unscoped KE-SABOT almost perfectly accurate (I can't quickscope well :P) I do enjoy using the Slug because that is perfectly accurate at any range. Other than that, the ability doesn't have much use though. :P I do find myself using it often though, because even if it doesn't help much, it does help. :P So I agree it needs some tweaking, or perhaps being added to a mech that does have large spread on its weapons. I also think an "increase fire rate" ability would work best on another mech as well, if at all. You say one reason is to bring its DPS closer to that of the SS, but the Reaper isn't supposed to play like the SS. The Reaper (at least in my view) is a strictly mid-range mech, as short range is hard, thanks to the KE-SABOT being inaccurate unscoped(much easier than the SS though), and long range will see the Reaper doing even more pathetic damage then usual thanks to damage dropoff on bullet weapons. The Reaper's "title" is a versatile mobile assassin. I think of it more as a mid-range support skirmisher, staying just behind the front lines, helping teammates defeat enemies, able to retreat at a moment's notice. A fragile mech with a lot of versitility. That is what I see the Reaper as. that is also how I fight in the Reaper, and I tend to do rather well. Don't treat it like a mini SS, because it really isn't one.

Personally, I think the Reaper would benefit greatly from a small damage buff, but I agree the ability doesn't serve much of a purpose for the mech.

edit: I assumed the OP's poor spelling and grammar were because he is in Greece. :P

Edited by Guiotine, March 20 2013 - 04:58 PM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#10 JCBeastie

JCBeastie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location"Sunny" Cornwall, UK

Posted March 20 2013 - 05:12 PM

Aye, good post.

Reaper definitely belongs between the SS and the other mechs happier to be in CQB. I'm still levelling my Reaper so I haven't got the SLug Rifle yet but I enjoy RPR the most despite it's poor reputation, plus I cannot stand to rapidly and repeatedly click my mouse button to fire the AM-SAR.

I find you'll be most successful flanking an opponent whose attention is already engaged, since it's a hard slog to win face to face with someone, not impossible just hard. Mainly due to the KE-Sabots damage bonus when zoomed, you ideally never want to be unzoomed to fire it.

An idea for a new action skill might be some sort of snare, shots that pin your target. Would fit with the support role Reaper seems to provide.

Also "Versatile Mobile Assassin" really_

#11 Overmaster

Overmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 07:09 PM

When I first bought the Reaper, I had hoped for an ideal hit-and-run mech. Comfortable supression and damage behind the cover of his teammates, but especially great burst at close range, changing the tide of battle with a powerful and decisive shot. When the rest of the enemy team moves in for support, taking advantage of that tiny A-Class hitbox and larger fuel to the Sharpshooter to escape. As it stands right now, I think I wish I'd bought the Sharpshooter and done the same thing. Another gripe to Reaper/Sharpshooter, but that isn't the thread for this.

My point being, all of the Reaper's flavour text makes me believe the devs wanted this to be a quick and agile with good burst damage, but with the support of his teammates. It's a strange role, but the idea is to hang back and support your Scouts and Raiders with the ability to flee as you're outnumbered.

A small damage buff would be nice, but more importantly I think the Reaper needs to have a nice speed buff. Something like faster thrusting speed for five seconds would be glorious, but I'd settle even for a big defence boost even for just those clutch seconds you need to escape back behind a wall.

#12 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 20 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostOvermaster, on March 20 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

but I'd settle even for a big defence boost even for just those clutch seconds you need to escape back behind a wall.

You mean a variation of Powershot, but instead of compressing Ballistic Barage's (Berserker/old SS ability) effect, it compresses Damage absorb (Bruiser ability)_ :P

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#13 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 20 2013 - 10:33 PM

TLDR, but the precision overdrive is useless.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#14 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted March 21 2013 - 01:17 AM

I support the idea of rate of fire increase, but for both Reaper weapons, and the name overdrive would still make sense, i dont even use precision overdrive, i shoot without sights in cqc with slug and ke-sabot, precision overdrive is mostly to increase the damage of firing the weapons unzoomed (for me at least, havent measured the effect on ke-sabot seems like primary is not affected).

but yeah rate of fire increse would be MUCH better, but be careful with how much increase you give it please.

and just name it Overdrive.

a small rof increase on the ke-sabot or damage increase on it in regular use would also be nice, right now its not very efficient as a secondary.

Edited by Manoloco, March 21 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#15 ZeroCore

ZeroCore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBehind you in my Reaper

Posted March 21 2013 - 01:39 AM

If you need to go ''lead targeting'' means you have a ping around 200+ (justl ike me) and in THAT case the Ability is freaking ussefull...nuff said /cheers

#16 toPOULAKItsiou

toPOULAKItsiou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGreece Athens

Posted March 21 2013 - 07:04 AM

first of all soz for the caps Silentjacket.
second soz for the bad grammar i dont wright in english verry often
third ty for reading this topic and take a portion of your time to give me feedback.
and  wtf happened to my text and went all gray in the ability explain partyou guys have an idea what happend_

anyway
i indeed have to lead shoots cause of the ping but if you notice if you are not dead on target and you are slitetly of
to the right or to the left you won't hit cause the guy is mooving that goes 4 the slug rifle.
the other guns atleast do have some small benefit cause you can hit better when you are unzoomed and get about 20%-30%
more shoots in. but you cant argue with the fact that you are still a bad duelist cause if you think about it your fuel regen and movement is slower than scout and you have to go midle to long range to get some advantage but everybode gets close to you so fast
and if its a c class mech well you know you are kinda dead. but raider scout .infiltrator.bruser.rocketeer.berzerker.ss will most likely get close to you verry fast and kill you ore just get oneshoted by an ss
or go 100%hp to 0hp with hellfires and eoc and to the guys that play reaper lot of you know that feeling.
i cant denie the fact that reaper is a challenging mech that is also alot of fun to play with. thats why i still use it over ss
but if i had a euro for every time i get oneshoted by an ss or die in a mater of 2 secs ill hada car by now.
i want this mech to get this particular ability cause ill say it agen and ill be more clear
1)you will not have to play the role of an ss and you gona play the role the mech was originaly suposed to play
and that is midle range dueling/poke
2)the skillcap of the mech is gona be hight but it will be defenatly a plassure to play and it will reward your skill.
realy what does the other guy do better than you when he is on shiege and hes spamming that dumm weapon hellfires
(OMG A LOCK ON WEAPON ON AN FPS GAME ) is he beter than you_you cant be sure cause he has an op sure for win shiege game mech .i used the rocketeer mech and won 5 matches with no swet pff but no fun bro :(
3).with all those negatives i explained can this ability be THAT  OP_
it has all those risky negatives and all you get is a 4 sec rate of fire buff that if you fail to use you are a sitting duck.
why do i have to get one shooted by an ss loose by 70% of the mechs
getting forsed to repear so often and get angry.is that fare to you guys that are playing the reaper_
does this ability gona best hellfires +eoc or ss ability_

anyway that is my reply to some of the feedback i got and ill say allthought some guys think that this ability is op
plz take a minute and think agen about the other mechs and compare them to reaper.
how am i gona win an ss that can go 1v1 at close range hit the F and get you to 100 hp plz tell me i want to know
and finally thank you agen for the feedback althought i desagree with some i respect your oppinion
and i hope you guys do the same.

Edited by toPOULAKItsiou, March 21 2013 - 07:30 AM.

Posted Image

#17 toPOULAKItsiou

toPOULAKItsiou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGreece Athens

Posted March 21 2013 - 07:17 AM

and about my avatar yea its a troll but i use it cause its funny
not cause i troll
Posted Image

#18 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted March 21 2013 - 07:39 AM

You need to work on your typing skills, as soon as I saw a wall of caps'd test with improper grammar and later on a very hard color of text to read, I refused to read it. Trust me, it's a usefull skill, you might want to work on that.

Get your hard on.

#19 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted March 21 2013 - 07:48 AM

Could you PLEASE work on your grammar and spelling_ I'm not trying to be some elitist grammar fuzzy bunny but dude it's really hard to read this and not cringe the entire time.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#20 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted March 21 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostReachH, on March 20 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

TLDR, but the precision overdrive is useless.
What ability might you suggest that would be far more useful on the reaper_
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Community, Forum, Exclusive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users