HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

REAPER ABILITY CHANGE

Announcement Beta Community Forum Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 curlupanddie

curlupanddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSlaughterfest, USA

Posted March 21 2013 - 03:13 PM

OP's post is formatted like the world's worst poem. yes, special ability is rubbish.

#42 JCBeastie

JCBeastie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location"Sunny" Cornwall, UK

Posted March 22 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on March 21 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I love staring at the reticle while firing on the battleship in Seige and just working the mouse buttons as fast as the cooldowns allow.

Please stop doing that, capture AA.

But yeah Reaper is definitely about strafing in and out of cover an landing simultaneous shots.

Edited by JCBeastie, March 22 2013 - 02:39 AM.

#43 StephenHawking

StephenHawking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted March 22 2013 - 04:09 AM

So the OP's answer for too low TTK is to lower it even further okay cool story pilot.

#44 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted March 22 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostJCBeastie, on March 22 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

View PostWasabi_Wei, on March 21 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I love staring at the reticle while firing on the battleship in Seige and just working the mouse buttons as fast as the cooldowns allow.

Please stop doing that, capture AA.

But yeah Reaper is definitely about strafing in and out of cover an landing simultaneous shots.

Please do not assume I do that all match long. There are times to shoot the ship, I know the difference. I play pub and trust me - sometimes there is no getting the AA. I am not 'that guy' shooting the ship for kicks. I too am very sick of people shooting the ship while I die at the AA. After the third trip to the AA without support I switch to ship. That's: 'confirmed everyone else is standing back shooting' not: 'I ran in and died alone without trying to group up first a couple times, we must be losing.'
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#45 Overmaster

Overmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think the devs just don't know what assassins are. Both the Infiltrator and Reaper seem to have no purpose.

#46 Kriminaal

Kriminaal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostOvermaster, on March 22 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

I think the devs just don't know what assassins are. Both the Infiltrator and Reaper seem to have no purpose.

The infiltrator borders on being OP. I've run into some really good infiltrator pilots out there that gank me constantly. The EOC infiltrator is probably my most hated mech as an enemy (besides EOC Raider but I don't count that as it must simply be a mistake and doesn't actually exist).

As for the Reaper, I finally got it. Reaper = the grim reaper, who comes for you when you are already on your deathbed. Otherwise, don't fear the reaper.

#47 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 22 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostKriminaal, on March 22 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

As for the Reaper, I finally got it. Reaper = the grim reaper, who comes for you when you are already on your deathbed. Otherwise, don't fear the reaper.

That actually sums it up quite well.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#48 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted March 22 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostStephenHawking, on March 22 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

So the OP's answer for too low TTK is to lower it even further okay cool story pilot.

The fact remains that the reaper is the weakest mech by far.  So it's either buff the reaper a bit, or nerf the rest.

I love my reaper, but even once you finally get the slug, the damage output is just too low.  Ke+slug is still only like 160-180 when fired together (depending on build and scoped/no scope).  That's less that every other mech's secondary alone.  In my estimation that should be closer to a hellfire stirke to be viable. Like another 20 damage on the KE would be nice.

#49 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted March 22 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostPirits, on March 22 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

A Broken Game presents: "Why not make gods of us all_" A purposed re-vamp of each mech ability to a level requiring less-skill (this is a very wordy joke one need not read if one does not wish to).

These mechs shall be listed by categories, A class to C class, and in increasing difficulty.

A-Class:

Reaper: Slow down enemies with ALL weapons fire, items included, lasts for five seconds, initially starting at a loss of eight percent, each additional shot removing eight percent of the movement speed left (one hundred percent base movement to ninety two percent base movement then eighty-four point sixty-four percent base movement and so on), with a regain of five percent (normal) movement speed per second (a second after being shot once you move three percent slower than normal), usable once every sixty seconds, each level increases the slowing effect by six percent and increases the amount of time to replenish five percent speed by a second (level zero five percent equals one second, level one five percent equals two seconds equals two point five percent speed regeneration per second of not being shot (this was the meaner of the two routs the other being decrease speed regeneration by a percent thus a second equals four percent with this more humane rout)). At level three the ability removes 25% movement speed per shot and four seconds to regain five percent of ones normal movement back (one point two five percent normal movement speed regain per second). Ability name: Ice age.

Take the gold text seriously and I'll feed you primed EOC pucks.

At the top of that quote box is an arrow, you may click it to read the full text. It was about a similar thing, however the OP suggested giving the SS a wall hack for it's ability and the reaper the SS's.

This quote is lop-sided to show that giving one mech an extremely OP ability will either lead to the hate of the mech or the raising of other mechs to it's level by decreasing needed skill to use the mech.

This ability was designed to show what can happen when people want a change, just not this drastic. SS isn't strong enough, SS to too strong now and reaper is weak. The above ability is designed to make the receiving end (of the ability) hate his life/game and question what's fair and what isn't.

Edited by Pirits, March 22 2013 - 10:56 PM.

"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#50 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted March 25 2013 - 02:46 AM

I finally got slug on reaper, makes a huge difference, Still now the ability is even less useful than ever.  I'm down for a change of the ability, not sure what though.  How about an ability that marks targets and apply's a debuff, increase damage taken by 10% level 1, 15% level 2, 20% level 3.  It can be called the Reaper's Mark.

Edited by Amisto, March 25 2013 - 02:51 AM.

#51 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 03:07 AM

If you use capslock the whole time, I literally read it like someone shouting at me... the ideas you stated would make it a bit to strong. But I agree it does need a slight buff. It feels a little bit weak at the moment, when the devs nerf down the SS eventually then I think the reaper will have a more viable place. But as of where it stands, there are a lot of other mechs that I think provide more usefulness to the field.
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

#52 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted March 26 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think the Sabot could use a slight damage buff.

But what I hate about the Reaper is how randomly inaccurate the Sabot is when not scoped, especially during CQC.  If the close range un-scoped accuracy were improved and long range un-scoped accuracy was left the same I would love this mech. If the un-scoped accuracy remains the same, perhaps reduce the cool down on precision overdrive by 40% so CQC is improved.
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#53 z0mbie

z0mbie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIn orbit

Posted March 26 2013 - 05:39 PM

Give the Reaper "Blitz" Or buff the KE-Sabot...Or both.

#54 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 26 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postz0mbie, on March 26 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Give the Reaper "Blitz" Or buff the KE-Sabot...Or both.

How would the Reaper benefit from Blitz_ the intent behind that ability is completely different than the role the Reaper is supposed to perform. The versatility of the ability is lost with the Reaper.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#55 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 05:49 AM

Reaper feels like a novelty. If the SS is nerfed down it will be slightly more useful. But you over heat before you kill repairing mechs...
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Community, Forum, Exclusive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users