HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken potential for destructible environments Pax East Nvidia Showcase

Video Exclusive Preview

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 25 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostShadowGTR, on March 25 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 24 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

The hardware specs running that demo are not as crazy as you might think...

Would it be possible to let us know what those hardware specs were_ Hawken please with a Raider on top_ ^_^ Right now, I am running a GTX 680 with a dedicated GTX 285 PhysX card and an Intel i7 920 @ 3.4Ghz. I can run Hawken on Ultra/Ultra for the most part (about 40fps, especially since I put in the PhysX card), but if I turn on PhysX, things start to slow (understandably so). The worst I've seen is 15 FPS with stuff blowing up (plus an occasional PhysX render hiccup ie. small black streak).

Your performance with that hardware seems a bit low to me. Have you tried just for kicks seeing what happens if you disable your 285 and put everything on your 680_

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#62 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted March 25 2013 - 09:09 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 25 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

View PostShadowGTR, on March 25 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 24 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

The hardware specs running that demo are not as crazy as you might think...

Would it be possible to let us know what those hardware specs were_ Hawken please with a Raider on top_ ^_^ Right now, I am running a GTX 680 with a dedicated GTX 285 PhysX card and an Intel i7 920 @ 3.4Ghz. I can run Hawken on Ultra/Ultra for the most part (about 40fps, especially since I put in the PhysX card), but if I turn on PhysX, things start to slow (understandably so). The worst I've seen is 15 FPS with stuff blowing up (plus an occasional PhysX render hiccup ie. small black streak).

Your performance with that hardware seems a bit low to me. Have you tried just for kicks seeing what happens if you disable your 285 and put everything on your 680_

+1, was gonna say that
Posted Image

#63 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted March 25 2013 - 09:21 AM

My mind is blown. Thak you [HWK]! Looks like I'll need a new graficks card as well.
Call me Nos.

#64 TheLostVikings

TheLostVikings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostJonnywithanh, on March 24 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Found this, is a vid of Hawken destructible environments. Is different and better quality than the other one in this thread. Pretty extreme.

My PC is having a heat stroke just looking at that video, but it sure looks awesome.

#65 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted March 25 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postburns1124, on March 25 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

View PostPirits, on March 23 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Just the graphics card, not hard to open up the unit and replace it, just line the stuff up.

Actually there's quite a bit more to it than that, but that's the basic mechanical steps to installing a new card.  Having the power supply to run it, having a CPU that can not bottleneck the fuzzy bunny out of your new shiny 500 dollar card is also a plus.  Having proper cooling also is needed.  Post specs of your box and folks here can help.

My bro helped me out already, but I'll pm you what's up with this fuzz ball computer if you'd like.

Edited by Pirits, March 25 2013 - 12:42 PM.

"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Exclusive, Preview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users