HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Genesis Hardcover Offer

Art Exclusive News

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Porkue

Porkue

UI/UX Designer

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 12 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 05:32 PM

Order a hardcover copy of the HAWKEN: Genesis graphic novel from Archaia Entertainment and get a code for 10,000 free HAWKEN Credits!The hardcover edition of the HAWKEN: Genesis graphic novel will be released on March 27, and if you order your copy through our publisher, Archaia Entertainment, you will receive a code you can redeem for 10,000 HAWKEN Credits! Code cards will be mailed to purchasers along with their copy of the graphic novel.

HAWKEN: Genesis tells the story of Rion Lazlo, the ruthless corporate spy who claws his way to the top of the Prosk Enterprises corporate ladder, and his best friend, James Hawken, the brilliant scientist who designed the first mechs. The tumultuous story of their partnership changes the landscape of the world of Illal forever, and sets the stage for the mech battles now raging across the planet in the HAWKEN game.

Order your copy of HAWKEN: Genesis from Archaia today to experience the story behind the game and get a cool 10,000 HAWKEN Credits to use in the game.

Behind the Scenes of HAWKEN: Genesis
If you'd like to find out more about Jeremy Barlow, the writer of HAWKEN: Genesis, you can also head over to the Archaia Entertainment website to check out their interview with him.

Click here to view the article

#2 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:06 PM

Woot it comes out on my birthday. I already ordered mine from amazon.

#3 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:46 PM

OP: Thanks for letting us know. I already got mine ordered from amazon as well. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Edited by ShadowGTR, March 25 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted March 25 2013 - 07:52 PM

Already ordered from Amazon, too. The 45% off was more enticing than 10k credits (a relatively small sum to an addict lol).

#5 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted March 26 2013 - 01:18 AM

Meteor Credits would make me buy this :) as i have plenty of hc. Anyways i bet it's an entertaining read.

#6 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted March 26 2013 - 02:56 AM

Yeah, if it were 10k MC that'd be a pretty good deal, but HC_ I got way more than that from the promo codes thread. Definitely not worth the extra $10.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#7 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 26 2013 - 06:43 AM

Sweet, I'll be ordering my copy on payday.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#8 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted March 26 2013 - 06:51 AM

I already preordered it from somewhere else. :(
Lazlo is a Hungarian name. :)

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#9 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2013 - 09:16 AM

Great news, indeed. And what to say about those extra 10K Hawken Credits_

Cool! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#10 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted March 26 2013 - 09:22 AM

How about buying it because it's really very good and because supporting Adhesive after they have given us so much for free is a decent thing to do_  I thoroughly enjoyed the digital version from Comixology and I can't wait for my hard copy to show up. Just a few days now and I can read it again as a graphic novel should be read. Thanks Team Hawken for beautifully expanding the back story of this game and for letting us further understand the thought behind the concept. The giving away of the HC is a nice bonus but it never really effected my decision to buy Hawken Genesis in both formats as I was always going to do so.

Edited by Pastorius, March 26 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Posted Image

#11 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostPastorius, on March 26 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

How about buying it because it's really very good and because supporting Archaia Entertainment after they have given us so much for free is a decent thing to do_  I thoroughly enjoyed the digital version from Comixology and I can't wait for my hard copy to show up. Just a few days now and I can read it again as a graphic novel should be read. Thanks Team Hawken for beautifully expanding the back story of this game and for letting us further understand the thought behind the concept. The giving away of the HC is a nice bonus but it never really effected my decision to buy Hawken Genesis in both formats as I was always going to do so.
Then why not get it from Amazon and then if you still want to support Adhesive (Archaia are just the people publishing the book), you can buy meteor credits with the $10 you saved on the book.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#12 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted March 26 2013 - 10:25 AM

My mistake SirCannonFodder and thanks for pointing it out. I did mean Adhesive and I have altered the above post.

Buy it where you like though, mines coming from the Book Dipository in the UK.

What I'm trying to point out is that all I read in these posts is people complaining about the free stuff. The point is  that the Graphic Novel is worth buying because it's a good Graphic Novel and not because someone is throwing in 10,000HC. Like you so rightly said; if you need HC then you can go steel it from the Promo Code post.

You are right about $19 being a bit steep I guess. Mine was £10 which is about $15 ish...

Edited by Pastorius, March 26 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#13 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostPastorius, on March 26 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

My mistake SirCannonFodder and thanks for pointing it out. I did mean Adhesive and I have altered the above post.

Buy it where you like though, mines coming from the Book Dipository in the UK.

What I'm trying to point out is that all I read in these posts is people complaining about the free stuff. The point is  that the Graphic Novel is worth buying because it's a good Graphic Novel and not because someone is throwing in 10,000HC. Like you so rightly said; if you need HC then you can go steel it from the Promo Code post.

You are right about $19 being a bit steep I guess. Mine was £10 which is about $15 ish...
People aren't really complaining, they're just pointing out that compared to $10 off, 10k HC isn't all that great an incentive.

Thanks for mentioning The Book Depository by the way, I'd completely forgotten about that place and it turns out that taking shipping into consideration, it's $3 cheaper than Amazon for me.

Edited by SirCannonFodder, March 26 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted March 26 2013 - 12:53 PM

So.... what ever happened to the half off code we are supposed to get_ Was promised on the chapter 4 promotion.
Posted Image

#15 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 02:47 PM

Sadly I couldn't get it from Comixology - none of my plastic cards were honored... Which is strange 'cause I do e-shopping on Steam & Amazon! Anyone from Europe had same problems_

#16 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostAstrolis, on March 26 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

So.... what ever happened to the half off code we are supposed to get_ Was promised on the chapter 4 promotion.
That was for the digital copy from Comixology.

Posted Image

#17 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 02:40 PM

I posted a voting poll called: Hawken Graphic Novel/Digital Confusion <--- Vote here!

#18 hawkenn

hawkenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 07:29 PM

yes :)

#19 hawkenn

hawkenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sadly I couldn't get it from Comixology - none of my plastic cards were honored... Which is strange 'cause I do e-shopping on Steam & Amazon! Anyone from Europe had same problems_

#20 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 08:31 AM

I picked it up from Amazon, and I'm currently reading through it.  Printed graphic novels are WAY better than a digital version from Comixology (IMO), and I'm enjoying it so far.  I'll put up a review once I'm finished with it.

P.S.  For anyone who orders a physical copy: Your book isn't dirty... they just printed it that way.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Exclusive, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users