HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

sketchbook - bombdig

Art Fanart

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 12 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostBombdig, on May 09 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Maybe I should spend the time to learn another 3-D modeling program sometime.

You may already have experience with it but I'm a fan of Cinema 4D. Most of Hawken's models (and many of them rigged) have also been extracted and released in a .c4d format. You could try playing around with these to help get a better '3-D sense', so to speak for your figure drawings. Just my .02 cents.
Posted Image

#22 Bombdig

Bombdig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted May 12 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostFrouste, on May 11 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

You've got that switched around, Sentium is rigid and angular, Prosk's designs are more organic looking.

I certainly did switch that, I'm not sure when that happened. Yes I mean Sentium. I think I'll create a name for the secondary gun because a magnetic rail is an internal. Might also lengthen and compress the barrel as well to fit in between the turret shields. I plan to upload a few more designs before I begin coloring anything.

edit: Looking at Cinema 4D is intimidating but also exciting. While I'd love to, I don't think I'll be spending the money just yet one such an expensive and powerful software. Though I will be checking out SketchUp again as a temporary alternative for fun conceptualizing in 3D.

Edited by Bombdig, May 24 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#23 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted May 17 2013 - 02:58 AM

google sketchup is a nice easy to learn free software for underpaintng or just general perspective guide :)

Edited by dorobo, May 17 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#24 Bombdig

Bombdig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've been off and on working on some concepts for Spartan076 to use. These are some old sketches before I started digging into the angular designs I have now (I'll be sharing those later). Nothing fancy, pencil on paper shot with phone. I hope to have some color work up eventually but I've not been happy with the results so far.
Posted Image
Full mech design above is in pen. I plan on revisiting this again to draw it as a B-class with weapons equipped. Arms are currently A-class design. Loosely named Stalker due to it's ability to stick a 4 second tracker to enemies enabling it's weapons to seek that target similar to Hellfires. Tracker emits an alarm to receiving pilot unique to the device in order to disseminate it from Hellfire lock.
Primary: TS-AR is a 3-Burst Rifle that seeks target when tracker is active.
Alternate: REV-GL (Non-seeking).
Legacy: Seeker (missiles lock-on from any orientation when tracker is active).
Secondary: TS-EOB is a sticky Explosive Ordnance Bomb that locks on to a tracker. Deals lower damage in favor of wide area coverage. Explosive is delayed by 1.5 second when contact with first surface it touches, as such close range use is not advised. Long cool down.
Posted Image

Edited by Bombdig, June 01 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#25 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted June 03 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostBombdig, on May 12 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

edit: Looking at Cinema 4D is intimidating but also exciting. While I'd love to, I don't think I'll be spending the money just yet one such an expensive and powerful software. Though I will be checking out SketchUp again as a temporary alternative for fun conceptualizing in 3D.

Just FYI, you can get a free trial of C4D that isn't terribly limited - it doesn't let you save or export models or internally-rendered images but you're still able to open up models, mess around with 'em, make rendered images etc. That's what I've been doing! ;)
Posted Image

#26 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted June 04 2013 - 03:23 PM

Wow this mech design is very cool !

As a side note : C4D might look complicated at first but I assure you it's one of the easiest to learn (at least the basics)
there's tons of tutorials on the web as well and many of them are friendly, if you want to give it a try one of the best source is Greyscalegorilla

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Fanart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users