HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

RIFLEMAN mech_

Alpha Announcement Beta Exclusive Fanart

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 szugion

szugion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInside your brain

Posted April 29 2013 - 09:39 AM

I would really like to see a B class rifleman mech, the primary weapon could be a bolt action(similar to kar98) or semi auto (like an m1garand) , the secondary weapon could be short range like a flame thrower or something of the sort. Ideally this mech would be mid/short range and be similar to the CRT except that its shots are more accurate and damaging at longer ranges, it could also excel at close range with a flame thrower/flamer that increases the enemies heat for a short duration.

Thoughts_
Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony - Morpheus

#2 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted April 29 2013 - 10:19 AM

My initial thoughts:
- Could it use the AM-SAR from the Reaper for it's rifle_
- I'm worried that a flamethrower would go nuts in the graphics department, exacerbating the existing problems.
- Adding a "Smoke Screen" item would be fun.

It'd be easy to mess up the balancing. I'd rather see a more specialized mech than a jack-of-all-trades.

#3 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 12:22 PM

I too miss my M1 Garand and EMR from BF:BC2 :/

#4 Warrost

Warrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 07:42 AM

A rework of the assault (to a kind of rifleman-mech) would be really nice. ATM the assault is redundant.

#5 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 10 2013 - 11:45 AM

A B-type with reaper-like weapons could be pretty neat. I've also been wanting to see some multi-barreled weapon with a 'load-up' capability kind of like the rocket launcher in UT3, but that's another topic altogether.
Posted Image

#6 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 10 2013 - 11:59 AM

My concerns center around a basic formula for the game. Hitscan weapons + good damage = ppl Q_Q 'ing.

My first thought was to make one of the weapons a charge type thats close to hitscan, but people already complain about the HEAT, although I think that has more to do with utility value plus low value of mitigation.

Meh idk my opinion on the flamethrower ideas have always been sorta... I would not use it since it would probably obstruct my view of targets and would need to be close range limiting its AoE effectiveness since people will scatter and play from range with ease. It would pretty much become an "anti-C" weapon and a crowd control weapon for more coordinated play which could be good or bad.

So taking out the flamethrower since we don't have any experience with one we could say this mech would end up being a B type version of the reaper and to be frank I am not sure how useful that kind of mech would be with current weapons. You gain some health, but lose ease of position and engagement choice and do similar damage (if the weapons were the same or close to the reaper so this means no flamethrower) so the go to choice would often be one of the following: reaper, SS, or HEAT cannon mechs for most people.

So in conclusion I think it needs weapons that have yet to be released or thought of to be a viable alternative to a reaper, HEAT mech, or SS.

Edited by Leonhardt, May 10 2013 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted May 10 2013 - 01:55 PM

Did somebody say Rifleman_

Posted Image

It could be interesting to have a Type-B mech with more of a mid-range combat role and high accuracy hitscan weapons. Maybe give it something like a slower firing, harder hitting version of the AM-SAR, and the SA-Hawkins for its main weapons. Then its secondary weapon could be a lighter faster version of the Corsair-KLA MIRV, or the Grenade Launcher for close in fighting.

I always like having precision weapons that are usable in CQC, like the UT Shock Rifle, which is why I like the AM-SAR and SA-Hawkins. But I do not like that the main mechs that use those weapons have a Sabot Rifle as their secondary, which is not very useful unscoped. So putting a precision weapon on a mid to short range mech sounds good to me.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 16 2013 - 04:28 AM

Rifleman_ :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#9 szugion

szugion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInside your brain

Posted May 16 2013 - 12:19 PM

okay so lets go with a type B that has the AMsar/ modded equivalent or the hawkens, and then like a flamer or GL for the secondary, personally I like flamers better than flamethrowers im sure you guys know the difference. I think a flamer could work well but i also wouldnt mind a KE sabot or something like that , maybe AM sar and some type of mid range punch weapon. FOR the special ability I have no idea but IDK I think we need something diff besides the assault because its basically no different than the fred. :/
Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony - Morpheus

#10 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted May 16 2013 - 12:51 PM

Why don't we just switch the weapon loadout and ability of the assault, like warrost said_

#11 Chefslayer

Chefslayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChicago,IL

Posted June 26 2013 - 12:00 PM

just switch out the assault load out its redundant to the recruit. they need more load out options 3 options for a 25 mech is kinda low. I wanna see more seeker load outs on b mechs . or a grenadier turret
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alpha, Announcement, Beta, Exclusive, Fanart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users