HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Low fps...sux

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 SystemX

SystemX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted May 13 2013 - 08:35 AM

If I set my graphics to Ultra I get around 20-30FPS if I run Crossfire my ATI HD 6870's. As soon as I disable and just use one I get 60-80FPS. Honestly its ridiculous that this has not been fixed yet.

Edited by SystemX, May 13 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Character Artist
http://www.zackw.com

#22 Mad_Nugget

Mad_Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted May 13 2013 - 09:02 AM

I have the same issues with crossfire.  I run dual 7870's and get better fps with 1 gpu running.  though I have noticed that there is huge frame lag/ stutter.  if you enable crossfire then while in game look off into the distance and turn at a constant rate you will see what I mean.  also, if I watch my you usage my slve card will be 100% and my master will be 50% or less.

edit:  spelling

Edited by Mad_Nugget, May 13 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#23 FoPPA

FoPPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:34 PM

thanks for all the feedbacks, i forgot to mention at the beginning that its not SLI problem, i had before only on GTX 680 and guess what, same problem...with SLI i have nearly same fps...:S, driver changes doesnt help i will try few more tips and play with the Hawken profile in nvidia inspector...i was just wondering if there is someone who has 680 and playing this game with no problems...

#24 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostFoPPA, on May 12 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

I need some ideas cause I tried nearly everything (new/old drivers, reinstall game,...). I got SLI GTX680, quad cpu 4 ghz, 4gb mem and Hawken is often running 20-30 fps with everything on low (usually when I shoot someone), phx, vsync disabled ofc ... aver would say 50-60 (while no action). My gfx load is aver at 25% on both cards, cpu 50% max and mem got max 75% loaded...I tried to turn off stuff in .ini e.g. telesl etc but no diff. This is the only game I ever had any issues = that's why it sux even more, in tf2 on maxed everything I get aver 250+, bf3 maxed 100+ fps. Honestly if I don't find a fix I will uninstall it, wont play a game on 20 fps with sli 680. Thanks in advance for any feedbacks...

i dont know what you Nvidia Guyz moaning around. you get  what you pay for. This Game is Nvidia optimized. And your FPS suckz. So _

I love my Asus 7970 cards. Got 2 of them for the price of one gtx 680. For hawken i disable crossfire because hawken suckz with dual GPU. Anyway. I get trough the Game122 fps. My I7 ceeps cold like a fish while playing.

physx _ LOL

#25 7ucky

7ucky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostFoPPA, on May 17 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

i was just wondering if there is someone who has 680 and playing this game with no problems...

Hey FoPPA, I'm running a single 680 GTX and have had zero issues with Hawken and with my settings on High/Ultra/PhysX on, I still get over 40 FPS consistently (though it chugs a bit in 20-24 player servers). I'd suggest submitting a bug ticket with your dxdiag and one of the Meteor support reps should get you running smooth in no time.
[something should go here]

#26 Nhemin

Nhemin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostFoPPA, on May 12 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

I need some ideas cause I tried nearly everything (new/old drivers, reinstall game,...). I got SLI GTX680, quad cpu 4 ghz, 4gb mem and Hawken is often running 20-30 fps with everything on low (usually when I shoot someone), phx, vsync disabled ofc ... aver would say 50-60 (while no action). My gfx load is aver at 25% on both cards, cpu 50% max and mem got max 75% loaded...I tried to turn off stuff in .ini e.g. telesl etc but no diff. This is the only game I ever had any issues = that's why it sux even more, in tf2 on maxed everything I get aver 250+, bf3 maxed 100+ fps. Honestly if I don't find a fix I will uninstall it, wont play a game on 20 fps with sli 680. Thanks in advance for any feedbacks...

Hawken is poorly optimized for its game size.  Everyone is going to tell you like a fuzzy bunny that its your graphics or the quality.  Obviously when you turn them all down and the performance doesn't improve at all, it has nothing to do with your GPU.

Most games that are coming out now are having CPU problems cuz the game companies spend too much time making the game look pretty and not enough time ensuring the coding is top notch.

Can only wait to see if they decide to get their fuzzy bunny together or not.  Meanwhile, enjoy your low FPS and listening to ppl telling you to update your drivers or buy a new gfx card.

#27 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted May 17 2013 - 03:30 PM

So many people undermine the hard drive.  Before a ssd drive, i had 25a fps.  

With a ssd, i now have 90a fps
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#28 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted May 17 2013 - 03:35 PM

All maxed out.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#29 Messiah

Messiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted May 19 2013 - 07:54 PM

Same problem here using Nvidia GTX 660 ti.   Thought I would spring for a second card to SLI and see if it helps, and I get no improvement (but not worse like some cross-fires are reporting in this thread).   I did notice that in this thread there is a known problem after the roll-out of the content patch.    As coincidence would have it, I did a mobo upgrade between patches.

Will wait to see what happens in the near future.  

Ci 7 3.5 set on turbo.  
8gb patriot 1600

#30 sacodebasura

sacodebasura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 06:33 AM

My Fps are so bad :( have max 30 fps on all settings. Pls fix it! :)

Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X4 945 ~3.0GHz
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 1200/5500 Driver: 13.4 WHQL
8GB Kingston (DDR3-1333)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users