HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Oh for that "One Last Ship."

Forum

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Flapjacks

Flapjacks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKnee-deep in A mech pieces

Posted June 14 2013 - 02:47 PM

One word: Technician.
Flapjacks

"Boomshooter" - Lvl 14 Raider
"Chunk-chunk" - Lvl 13 Reaper
"Puny Mortal" - Lvl 15 Brawler

#22 Wondrz

Wondrz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted June 15 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostAbbera, on June 14 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

A friend knows that I like siege and sent me a topic on another forum espousing the virtues of launching as many ships as possible.  I responded that if two teams play and one launches as many ships as it can and the other holds aa all game without delivering a single eu of energy, the team in aa wins.  How you ask_

Energy for ship counts down by itself.  All ships launched by the opponent will be killed by aa missiles before it does one point of damage to the base.  Eventually, the ship for the team in aa will launch and since the other team does not hold aa it will do damage to the base.  With enough of these time launched ships, the team in aa wins.  You don't even need one mech delivering energy, but it would make for a very long game.

So who gets more experience_  Ship launch team gets 700 experience for launching a ship.  AA team gets time experience for being in AA while ship is in flight times 6 mechs in AA.  They also get experience for destroying a ship.  I think the team in AA even gets more experience.  Bottom line, energy is a distraction that shortens the game.  Holding AA yields the greatest experience and wins the game.

If you go away from the extreme game, and let the team launching ships try to get aa, offensive efforts are costly.  They will lose a great number of mechs trying to take the aa.  If the team in AA stands its ground, it will kill many more mechs than it will lose and they will make out like bandits on xp.
Abbera this will not work, maybe it will. Each ship gains an extra 2000 hp while a fired AA does 2000 so after 5 ships launch the next one will have 20000 hp so itll take 10 shots for the AA to take it out and when your count down goes out your ship will only have 10000 hp which is quite small, even if it does get to enemy base they will al focus fire (hopefully all) and itll be taken down quite fast.

Also XP fanatics wil gather EU, even me when i had 6 days of double booster xp, i kept gathering EU, alot. If i didnt i would get one round of 150 EU and go to AA right away to pick of any straglers, if i took some pilots EU (Say 200 from a raider) i will deliver unless enemy only needs like 100 EU

Edited by Wondrz, June 15 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Abbera

Abbera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio - United States

Posted June 19 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostWondrz, on June 15 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

View PostAbbera, on June 14 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

A friend knows that I like siege and sent me a topic on another forum espousing the virtues of launching as many ships as possible.  I responded that if two teams play and one launches as many ships as it can and the other holds aa all game without delivering a single eu of energy, the team in aa wins.  How you ask_

Energy for ship counts down by itself.  All ships launched by the opponent will be killed by aa missiles before it does one point of damage to the base.  Eventually, the ship for the team in aa will launch and since the other team does not hold aa it will do damage to the base.  With enough of these time launched ships, the team in aa wins.  You don't even need one mech delivering energy, but it would make for a very long game.

So who gets more experience_  Ship launch team gets 700 experience for launching a ship.  AA team gets time experience for being in AA while ship is in flight times 6 mechs in AA.  They also get experience for destroying a ship.  I think the team in AA even gets more experience.  Bottom line, energy is a distraction that shortens the game.  Holding AA yields the greatest experience and wins the game.

If you go away from the extreme game, and let the team launching ships try to get aa, offensive efforts are costly.  They will lose a great number of mechs trying to take the aa.  If the team in AA stands its ground, it will kill many more mechs than it will lose and they will make out like bandits on xp.
Abbera this will not work, maybe it will. Each ship gains an extra 2000 hp while a fired AA does 2000 so after 5 ships launch the next one will have 20000 hp so itll take 10 shots for the AA to take it out and when your count down goes out your ship will only have 10000 hp which is quite small, even if it does get to enemy base they will al focus fire (hopefully all) and itll be taken down quite fast.

Also XP fanatics wil gather EU, even me when i had 6 days of double booster xp, i kept gathering EU, alot. If i didnt i would get one round of 150 EU and go to AA right away to pick of any straglers, if i took some pilots EU (Say 200 from a raider) i will deliver unless enemy only needs like 100 EU
  It would be interesting to see.  I am not sure how long it would take, but if enemy mechs can destroy your ship before it reaches base, your mechs are closer and can fire on their ship longer.  They can gather 200 energy while a ship is in flight, but that is it.  Of course the ideal is to have one mech deliver energy while five are at aa, but I've been in too many games where someone suggests this and they all go leaving me alone in aa.  This is frustrating because I won't wind up with less experience than them, we just lose.  I totally agree that energy stolen needs to be delivered when it doesn't interfere with holding aa.  Unfortunately, complex strategies of "do this only when this" is usually too much for others to follow.  Thus the one mech getting energy becomes five ones.

#24 Abbera

Abbera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio - United States

Posted June 19 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostFlapjacks, on June 14 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

One word: Technician.
I like technicians.  I am trying to run as many different types of mechs to get an understanding of the trade-offs.  When a team doesn't get it, I will bring in a lower level mech to gain experience and make it stronger.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users