HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Graphic and Sound Details

Art Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CreeperClaw

CreeperClaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted June 15 2013 - 08:47 PM

So I understand that from watching this video

.....many of the graphics and sound effects have been tuned down, and I understand why! this kind of quality would be very demanding on your pc, frame rate would also be effected and granted a good amount of people wouldnt even be able to run it (or could afford to) at this quality. but i feel like if the option was at least there for those with higher end pcs this would be a great experience. Just as theres a graphical option for those with low specs I feel there should be one for the fortunate ones who do have the hardware. I mean its not hurting anyone, and with e3 just wrapping up it would be wise to stay relevent, graphic wise with those amazing games they showed at the conferences. Im not saying Hawken isnt an already jaw droppingley gorgeous game Im mean it wasnt toned down by alot at all Im just stating that people are excited about "next gen". showing something that in my opinion surpasses that if not meets it tow to tow <<(see what i did there.) will definitely be a big plus for hawken. I mean i wanna feel and experience hawken in its utter most BRILLIANT glory.

Please Hawken Team find some way to bring back those amazing visual details and sound effects back in, at least as an option. Im sure there are others who have watched this video and thought to them selves, were did all those extra cool sounds and details go_  so thats my suggestion. Thanks for listening.
                                                                                                                                                                       ps...i love khang le and jparked o_o

Edited by CreeperClaw, June 16 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#2 Ysenberg

Ysenberg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 15 2013 - 10:12 PM

Dang, now i can see what i missed out on by finding Hawken so late^^
I'd love to see that back ingame. The look and feel of the cockpit is much more convenient than today.

Ysen

[font=times new roman', times, serif]O Lord, bless this Thy holy grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.[/font]

[font=times new roman', times, serif]  Grenadiers do it around the corner...^^ [/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]W[/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]andering guns #103: [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ysenberg[/font][/font]

#3 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted June 15 2013 - 10:30 PM

People have been wanting the old sound effects back for ages, its what got me into the game (excluding the mech combat bit, lol)
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#4 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted June 16 2013 - 12:05 PM

For the most part, the sound effects are the same in that trailer as they are now. They just have some more effects added to them for the video. There are a couple that I like, like the TOW and Turret firing sounds, but the Vulcan sound is not good for the Vulcan. I love the current Vulcan sound because it is much more accurate to what an actual Vulcan sounds like. And the Sabot sounds too much like a human sized sniper rifle, not a mech sized railgun, as it does in game.

I could see swapping the current Assault Rifle sound with the trailer Vulcan sounds, though. The current AR sounds more like an electric motor humming that a gun firing, and just seems odd to me. And the DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA of the trailer Vulcan would be perfect for it.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users