HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Custom Mech Styles

Forum Community Beta Clan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic247

Mystic247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCape Coral Florida

Posted June 20 2013 - 02:31 PM

I have Played many Multi-Players. I have found that I love to Customize..with that said, I believe it would be awesome if we were able to add custom icons or stickers onto Mechs. These icons,stickers, whatever you want to address them as can also  be reflected in Taunts. Battle Scars, would also be a neat idea these could be added to any part of mech. I also thought about adding colored under carriage lights.  

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted June 20 2013 - 02:36 PM

Please use the search function next time before you post a new topic because this has definitely shown up before and has been answered.

My opinion: I like the idea of customizing mechs to your own preferences, but I'd rather the game be in full launch, meaning all the core features of the game are pretty much solidified and the devs don't have anything utterly crucial to the game to tweak and add, before they add very superficial things like stickers or colored lights.  It's really insignificant compared to the overall balance of the game, which is more imminent to fix than cosmetics.  Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have this, but only after everything else is pretty much set.  I'm sure the devs feel the same way, I hope :D

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 02:46 PM

I like "Stompy" the way he is.(Stompy is my baby)(which in turn is my rocketeer)(it shoots rockets)(kind of self explanatory)(if you look at it from a weird angle)(in a good way though)(that is enough parantheses)(however the ell you spell parantheses)(*insert text here*)

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#4 Mystic247

Mystic247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 02:56 PM

was just told to by a personal from Hawken so i did. Im  so glad you keep up with everything as an advanced member. I hope to Continue the convos by posting new topics in a different light on any topic weather it is listed in forums or not, and will continue to advance my opinion. :) :) :) :P . A lot of people like to customize as they see fit weather everyone would like to customize or not weather it adds to the overall performance or not. Customizing Your Battle Mech is a form of ownership.  weather you find it worth your timeor not one person doesn't detour many people from still wanting custom there Mech, especially when, if, or have Purchaed Mech. BTW a Developers Job is never SET, You are always working on enchantments, bugs , fixes anything. I have Game tested a lot of closed betas, betas and in house games for developers and software engineers. believe me they are not finished until the final product implemented. And we do not feel same way. B)

Edited by Mystic247, June 20 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#5 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted June 20 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostMystic247, on June 20 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

was just told to by a personal from Hawken so i did. Im  so glad you keep up with everything as an advanced member. I hope to Continue the convos by posting new topics in a different light on any topic weather it is listed in forums or not, and will continue to advance my opinion. :) :) :) :P . A lot of people like to customize as they see fit weather everyone would like to customize or not weather it adds to the overall performance or not. Customizing Your Battle Mech is a form of ownership.  weather you find it worth your timeor not one person doesn't detour many people from still wanting custom there Mech, especially when, if, or have Purchaed Mech. BTW a Developers Job is never SET, You are always working on enchantments, bugs , fixes anything. I have Game tested a lot of closed betas, betas and in house games for developers and software engineers. believe me they are not finished until the final product implemented. And we do not feel same way. B)

Maybe a better phrase to say instead of "set" is when the game is in full launch. Not Open Beta, where there are still quite a few core features missing.  I'm sure devs are always busy, but I'd prefer it when such features come when the rest of the game's core features, like the party system, clan support, etc., are set (or at least are available in-game), not the whole game.  But I definitely 100% support your idea :)

Edited by Silverfire, June 20 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#6 Mystic247

Mystic247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 04:06 PM

#True Boss, but let me ask you, have you purchased a custom layer mesh for you mech or custom color strip _ if so then you do optimize your experience with custom styles. My Mod would be an easy layer effect on an already implement model layer system. the only real issue would be the implementation of the design engine to customize your Mech. Thanx,  for your support and I do openly ask for more criticism, in doing so. :D

#7 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted June 21 2013 - 02:07 AM

Yep.  Been asked for..  a lot.  I've been asking for it since alpha.

The devs want to do stuff like this, but there is a huge amount of back end work to consider, design, and put into place before any of it can be done.

From http://community.pla...big-beta-fixes/

View Post[HWK]Deuy, on January 22 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

View Postbacon_avenger, on January 22 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Or, for a starting point, how about having the player-uploaded decal be the same one that is used for our forum avatar_  There is already some kind of vetting process, being publicly viewable, so I would think it would be the 'safest' option to start with.

That's a possibility, but then there's issues with copyright/trademark violations and knowing what non-offensive content is user-created vs taken from an existing IP.  It can get messy, but that's a bridge we'll cross after we get a basic decal system available to everyone.  Baby steps :)

The devs do plan on customization so we can have 'our own mech', it's just going to take time and it's going to be implemented in small steps.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#8 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 21 2013 - 02:17 AM

first things first ! and customization is (4 the moment) not one of them ! ^_^

Posted Image

#9 Giga_V_2

Giga_V_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted July 06 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostMystic247, on June 20 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I have Played many Multi-Players. I have found that I love to Customize..with that said, I believe it would be awesome if we were able to add custom icons or stickers onto Mechs. These icons,stickers, whatever you want to address them as can also  be reflected in Taunts. Battle Scars, would also be a neat idea these could be added to any part of mech. I also thought about adding colored under carriage lights.  
Be patient, there's a lot of unfinished work to do. :)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum, Community, Beta, Clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users