HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Chronicles

Announcement Art

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MazeWithHaze

MazeWithHaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIn a fern, peeking at the world.

Posted June 25 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hello Hawkenites. I read Magnolia1038's story called Hawken Chronicles:Red Sand a long time ago and I really liked it. I hoped at seeing other stories like that pop up in the forums but I can't seem to find any. Hawken devs have created an amazing universe but haven't invested much in the story or events happening in it since they mostly focus, understandably, on the actual game which is still unfinished.

Red Sand is a great read and it is most definetly worth your time.
Red Sand:https://community.pl...icles-red-sand/

So I decided to spend the two summer months of freedom that remain in my life, until my last year in high school starts, to write a short novel. The story is about two teams of pilots. A Prosk and a Sentium team sent to an abandoned city wrecked by war, away from the frontline. The mission at first seems simple enough, go in the city, confirm the absence of the enemy, investigate and stay there until orders are sent to return. However both teams will find more than they bargained for...

I really liked the style of Red Sand and the atmosphere on Illal (not the physical one) but there were no characters to relate with, only a battle scene. So I plan on creating a satisfying roster of characters, most of them with pretty sufficient backstory. Some leading, some supporting and others as extras, and we all know what usually happens to extras...

English is obviously not my first language so grammar errors or wrongly used expresions will most likely be found. I estimate I will have finished this story by midst August. The name will be  Hawken Chronicles : Something. It is not a sequel to Red Sand but a different story altogether. It will probably be too long to post entirely, so it will most likely be segmented and available as a file for download. I will post updates on my progress whenever I can if people care.

Hope you like my work. I will do everything I can to finish it in time. I'm not even a literature student damnit, math and physics all the way!

- pilot MazeWithHaze out -

Edited by MazeWithHaze, June 26 2013 - 01:00 AM.

How to properly insult a Hawken pilot:"You're a waste of good cavorite."

#2 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted June 25 2013 - 03:38 AM

Looking forward to it . :)

#3 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted June 25 2013 - 04:59 PM

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Hey MazeWithHaze,[/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]I'm happy to hear you enjoyed some of my work :) The HAWKEN Chronicles are a series of short stories that explore the lives and perspectives of the inhabitants of Illal. [/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]I plan on writing about 1 chronicle per month and hope to have the second finished by this weekend.[/font]

#4 MazeWithHaze

MazeWithHaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIn a fern, peeking at the world.

Posted June 26 2013 - 12:57 AM

Great, can't wait to read the next one! I really love your writing style. I'm actually finished with my notes and brainstorming. Will begin writing the first chapter today.

Edited by MazeWithHaze, June 26 2013 - 12:58 AM.

How to properly insult a Hawken pilot:"You're a waste of good cavorite."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users