HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Can we please not allow first time poster to start new threads

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted June 29 2013 - 08:46 PM

Because this spamming on the General Discussion forums is REALLY getting annoying.

#2 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 29 2013 - 08:48 PM

What about new players who have a legitimate issue or concern_ What if they have a bug or need help_

Posted Image

#3 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted June 29 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on June 29 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Because this spamming on the General Discussion forums is REALLY getting annoying.

In at least one or two other forums where your game count is integrated between the game and the forums, I've seen a minimum for the number of played games used before somone is even allowed to post.  It could be annoying, especially if you'd have to play a weeks worth of Hawken games just to qualify for posting, maybe at least four or five games would be OK, I could see that.. but if somone is going to spam, THEY'RE GOING TO SPAM.

#4 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted June 29 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostNBShoot_me, on June 29 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

In at least one or two other forums where your game count is integrated between the game and the forums, I've seen a minimum for the number of played games used before somone is even allowed to post.  It could be annoying, especially if you'd have to play a weeks worth of Hawken games just to qualify for posting, maybe at least four or five games would be OK, I could see that.. but if somone is going to spam, THEY'RE GOING TO SPAM.
Forcing them to play before they can post, much better idea. At least this way they have to work for their spans, or at least it will get rid of the spam bots

#5 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted June 29 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on June 29 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostNBShoot_me, on June 29 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Forcing them to play before they can post, much better idea. At least this way they have to work for their spans, or at least it will get rid of the spam bots

Well, at the very lease, I would think that new players, even with a zero game count should be allowed to post in the support forums.  And again, this would not stop spamming. :rolleyes:

#6 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted June 29 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on June 29 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

...And then someone who's game CTD's or bluescreens on their first startup tries to post in the Support or Bug Reports forums, and comes to the conclusion that they can't even do that, because 'anti spam measure HUR DUR !'.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#7 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 03:25 PM

This... still.... won't... stop... spamming...

You need active moderators and administrators working to keep the spam at manageable levels... there is no real substitute..

#8 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 30 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yes I agree and in fact I suggested that ! maybe they can only post in "Introductions" forums ; and their topics must be approved first

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users