HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

hawkengame-win32-shipping.exe has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 iamJTS

iamJTS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted July 04 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hawken had been running smoothly for months, but last night as I was exiting the game, it crashed my computer and restarted. No issues at all with my PC, but ever since then I get the hawkengame-win32-shipping.exe has stopped working error any time I load the hawken launcher and click "launch game." The launcher loads fine, but when I select launch game, this error pops up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling hawken, fully updating my Windows 7 updates, running as admin, but nothing seems to work.

I have also tried selecting the gear icon to verify/repair Hawken, it goes through the steps for a few seconds and then says ready to play. But still nothing when I launch.

Hopefully someone on the forums has some insight for me. I've submitted a support ticket as well.

Video card is an HD Radeon 7950

Thank you

-

auto report log:
Version = 3
Dump is current version: 3
JORDAN-PC
Jordan
Hawken
PC 32-bit
INT
2013.01.04-15.25.37
-seekfreeloadingPCconsole
F:\Programs\Hawken\InstalledHawkenFiles\Binaries\Win32\
Rendering thread exception:
Fatal error!

Address = 0x6f631bc7 (filename not found) [in F:\Programs\Hawken\InstalledHawkenFiles\Binaries\Win32\binkw32.dll]
Address = 0x13cf612  (filename not found) [in F:\Programs\Hawken\InstalledHawkenFiles\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]

#2 iamJTS

iamJTS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted July 05 2013 - 08:32 AM

Anyone else had this issue_ How did you fix it_ It's been a day and I still have not heard back from support :(

#3 Pantherripper

Pantherripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 12:57 PM

I kind of have the same issue. I'm a new player,well,player...I didn't even get to play the game because of this error. I made an account,downloaded it,so far so good,I open the launcher,when I clicked launch it said "Unable to establish network connection." I clicked the verify/repair button several times and it finally let me enter the game. I logged it but had to exit because it opened two of them. Exited them both,clicked on launch again after seeing the same "unable to establish etc." thing,did the same thing with the verify button and when it WANTS to launch,it gives me the HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe has stopped working. Reinstalled it several times,still the same thing over and over and over again...

#4 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 04:50 PM

Try running UE3redist.exe. It should be liocated here: C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesRedist or C:Program FilesMeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesRedist , or just search for it on your hd :)

It is the redistributable unreal 3 engine, and when any files are missing it will reinstall them (i hope).

Edited by hendman, July 05 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#5 Pantherripper

Pantherripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted July 06 2013 - 02:32 AM

That still didn't work :c Thank you for trying to find a solution though.

#6 Mortafixu

Mortafixu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 06 2013 - 01:40 PM

i some times have this problem also =
hawkengame-win32-shipping.exe has stopped working but only when i have been really good and then one  mech will look or chase me and then  boom the whole hawken game will close down and i will have log back in and this has happened more than just once,i know i'm being kicked but with no warning and for no reason _ why_ and i do know that sometimes video cards can do strange things when hot . anybody else have this or that problem _

#7 NewHorizon

NewHorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 07 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm also getting the same problem and I have yet to play it, which is frustrating because this game looks really fun :/

#8 DEMON360

DEMON360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 07 2013 - 01:38 PM

I am also having this same problem all of a sudden and it's quite upsetting because I really like this game.

#9 Pantherripper

Pantherripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted July 08 2013 - 03:33 AM

Well,I found a solution to my problem. I re-installed my windows. Formated both of my drives,and installed the game (After updating all of my drivers) And it works now,no errors so far. But I don't think that it's the best solution to this problem.

#10 DEMON360

DEMON360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 08 2013 - 09:11 AM

I figured out my problem. I'm currently running windows 8.1 preview and I ended up having to uninstall(which I tried this multiple times) and HAD to delete the game files in Documents>my games>Hawken. Then reinstalled and it worked just fine.

#11 iamJTS

iamJTS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted July 08 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostPantherripper, on July 05 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I kind of have the same issue. I'm a new player,well,player...I didn't even get to play the game because of this error. I made an account,downloaded it,so far so good,I open the launcher,when I clicked launch it said "Unable to establish network connection." I clicked the verify/repair button several times and it finally let me enter the game. I logged it but had to exit because it opened two of them. Exited them both,clicked on launch again after seeing the same "unable to establish etc." thing,did the same thing with the verify button and when it WANTS to launch,it gives me the HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe has stopped working. Reinstalled it several times,still the same thing over and over and over again...

View PostMortafixu, on July 06 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

i some times have this problem also =
hawkengame-win32-shipping.exe has stopped working but only when i have been really good and then one  mech will look or chase me and then  boom the whole hawken game will close down and i will have log back in and this has happened more than just once,i know i'm being kicked but with no warning and for no reason _ why_ and i do know that sometimes video cards can do strange things when hot . anybody else have this or that problem _

View PostNewHorizon, on July 07 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I'm also getting the same problem and I have yet to play it, which is frustrating because this game looks really fun :/

View PostDEMON360, on July 07 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

I am also having this same problem all of a sudden and it's quite upsetting because I really like this game.

Hey everyone I found a solution to the problem (for me anyways).

Go into your "My Games" folder and rename "Hawken" to "HawkenBackup"

Run the Hawken launcher and you'll notice a new folder titled "Hawken" is created but "HawkenBackup" remains where it is. I don't know how, but for some reason this fixes my problem. Hops this helps!

Edited by iamJTS, July 08 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#12 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 08 2013 - 03:16 PM

see: https://community.pl...on/#entry306608
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#13 gripp9k

gripp9k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted July 11 2013 - 07:08 PM

Yep confirmed, fixed it for me, thank goodness.

#14 Drenchkat

Drenchkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 02:16 PM

Having same problem, trying fix found on the link...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users