HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Hughes News

Community Forum

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 14 2013 - 09:03 AM

As a small update, I've been working with many on preparing patch information to share with everyone. The goal is share as much as possible without stepping on the toes of other department plans such as marketing.

I'll be making an appearance on the upcoming episode of The Cockpit primarily to talk about some of what we've been working on so tune in... fun for all!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#22 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted July 14 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, that's great news.    Could I ask how the Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction development is progressing please.  How is it looking now as compared to the demo video released earlier this year.  I am most keen on this feature.
[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#23 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 15 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostJonnyRedHed, on July 14 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Thanks, that's great news. Could I ask how the Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction development is progressing please.  How is it looking now as compared to the demo video released earlier this year.  I am most keen on this feature.

APEX Destruction is not planned for this upcoming update. We're looking forward to rolling that out in the future but we've been working on some other features first. It's also not something we plan to retrofit into existing maps but rather work on something from scratch to make something memorable. It'll also scale on multiple systems so NVIDIA GPUs will not be required, much like how PhysX (non Turbulence) works.

Jason Hughes

#24 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 15 2013 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#25 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 15 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on July 15 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jason Hughes

#26 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 15 2013 - 06:45 PM

Ups.. giggity.

Edited by The_Silencer, July 15 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#27 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted July 15 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 15 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Thanks, that's great news. Could I ask how the Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction development is progressing please.  How is it looking now as compared to the demo video released earlier this year.  I am most keen on this feature.

APEX Destruction is not planned for this upcoming update. We're looking forward to rolling that out in the future but we've been working on some other features first. It's also not something we plan to retrofit into existing maps but rather work on something from scratch to make something memorable. It'll also scale on multiple systems so NVIDIA GPUs will not be required, much like how PhysX (non Turbulence) works.

Aren't you guys worried that separating maps into destructible and non-destructible will break up the overall flow of the game_ Over all if there are stages that have parts that can be destroyed, that plays into players strategies both offensively and defensively, so would that mess with the player to not have at least some level of destruction on all stages_

#28 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted July 15 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on July 15 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Aren't you guys worried that separating maps into destructible and non-destructible will break up the overall flow of the game_ Over all if there are stages that have parts that can be destroyed, that plays into players strategies both offensively and defensively, so would that mess with the player to not have at least some level of destruction on all stages_

I believe the devs said earlier destructible maps will have their own game mode, but I am not certain on that.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#29 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostGuiotine, on July 15 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

View PostShadowWarg, on July 15 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I believe the devs said earlier destructible maps will have their own game mode, but I am not certain on that.
Ah, so they may not be part of the normal pool of map rotation.

#30 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 15 2013 - 08:31 PM

I don't think so either. To include these maps into standard map rotations would be a mistake, mostly due to its  negative impact for low-end gamers. IIRC, the devs mentioned that time ago as Guiotine said above.

Edited by The_Silencer, July 15 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#31 andythebomb

andythebomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Location24

Posted July 15 2013 - 08:32 PM

The only way this makes sense is if their scraping the old maps and just using new destructible ones. Otherwise the level designers should get back in there and give the old maps some love.

Is any one else getting miffed that they enjoy us having to speculate on whats coming_ They cant be making that much money by giving IGN (or some other fuzzy bunny site) the first look at upcoming features. Why not tell the people who care_ Or at least used to care.

#32 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted July 16 2013 - 12:18 AM

Thanks [HWK]HUGHES,  but that didn't actually answer my question on how the development is progressing compared to the early test video released earlier this year.  All the info you gave is already known from back when NV show cased it.  I've already been made aware its not in this or the next how ever many patches to follow.   I'm curious about it's current development.

Edited by JonnyRedHed, July 16 2013 - 12:19 AM.

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#33 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted July 16 2013 - 03:48 AM

LICENSE PLATES. CALLED IT.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#34 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 16 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostJonnyRedHed, on July 16 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Thanks, that's great news.    Could I ask how the Hawken Destruction, PhysX APEX Destruction development is progressing please.  How is it looking now as compared to the demo video released earlier this year.  I am most keen on this feature.

Thanks [HWK]HUGHES,  but that didn't actually answer my question on how the development is progressing compared to the early test video released earlier this year.  All the info you gave is already known from back when NV show cased it.  I've already been made aware its not in this or the next how ever many patches to follow.   I'm curious about it's current development.

I'll rephrase. We haven't touched it since then because we've been working on other things. NVIDIA has been working on improving the tech and tools for our use in the meantime however but we haven't checked out their progress.

Jason Hughes

#35 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted July 16 2013 - 08:15 AM

Ah ok I see, then thats answered that then.  Thank you.

#36 heartofdarkness

heartofdarkness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWeyland Yutani research offices

Posted July 16 2013 - 08:26 AM

Producer
  • Posted Image
  • Adhesive Games
  • Posted Image
  • 255 posts

Posted Today, 09:02 AM

Krellus, on July 16 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

i think the devs indicated this patch wont have a new map or mech. i am hopeful however that c-class turret mode will get a buff. the new rocketeer video for example spoke of a quick lock for hellfires in turret mode.

I mentioned that we wouldn't have a focus on mechs or maps like in previous releases, I didn't say that we wouldn't have a mech or a map. Confirmation! We might have a mech or a map!

Posted Image

#37 7ucky

7ucky

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 237 posts

Posted July 16 2013 - 08:59 AM

Great post, Syl. All hail Sylhiri, harbinger of helpful Hughes news!
    [something should go here]

#38 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,384 posts

Posted July 16 2013 - 08:37 PM

I forget, what time tommarow is The Cockpit agian_

#39 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,136 posts
    • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted July 16 2013 - 08:39 PM

tomorrow at 7 PM PST.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#40 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 442 posts
    • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted July 16 2013 - 08:44 PM

All I know, is that when the Patch Notes hits, the forums shall become a pandemonium.

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users