HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Needed Teamwork And other

Forum Game Review

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ant51

Ant51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hey, So far I have been loving this game but when I was playing it with a group of friends I never got on the same team and when I do we never seam to be working together. I think this game needs a way to get a group of friends and send them a invit to a lobby as you join a game together and on the same team. Another thing that needs to be added is the people in your group should have a diffrent color marker so it's easer to find them on your map. There's also one more thing so far that I would like to see added which would be a privite match where I could test my mec agents friends. I would find it fun to have a group of friends just in a privite game to vs. each other what would you think about that.

#2 Glacius

Glacius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Locationnobody.

Posted July 12 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostGlacius, on July 05 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on July 05 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

The game is advertised as a team-based, multiplayer combat fps.  We should have access to more elements that promote team-play.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, atm the funnest games are the ones where both teams communicate and pit their skill AND wits against each other. Recently I played a game with several great players who were very tactically inclined. We all had mics and, although i wasn't familiar with these people, that was enough for us to band together and absolutely CRUSH the enemy team. We had squeeze plays, flanks, and wingman squads flying all over the place like nothing I've ever seen before.

That said, the glory of this teamwork was severely diminished by the other teams complete lack of cohesion. It was a disaster, tbh, as we really didn't have to exert any effort.

Teamwork starts and ends with having good team players to begin with, and no matter what tools are available, communication will ALWAYS take the cake. Though people should use the portable scanner more often too.

Also:

View PostGlacius, on July 12 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

View PostDeathbybadmovie, on July 12 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

My buddies and I have trouble getting into games together being able to party up would make things a lot easier.
Dude, there needs to be a fuzzy bunny sticky about this or something. There are roughly 100 billion first-post threads requesting/commenting on/complaining about something that has been talked about at EXTREME length.

Let's implement a checkbox that reads: "I agree not to start party system, goodbye cruel community, or (insert obscure region) server request threads."

Srs though, the devs are working on the party system and though it is quite clear to me from your post count that you are new to this forum, there are TONS of other threads that could have told you this.

Really though, how about making the search button bright orange and putting it in the middle of the forum header with a reminder to search before you post_

tl;dr: get a mic, get your friends to get a mic, use the aforementioned mics tactically, and use the search function before you post please, as a party system is in the works and you could very easily have found that out.

Edited by Glacius, July 12 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted July 12 2013 - 08:38 PM

So just a few things.  Even if you don't have a mic, make liberal use of the "Q" (enemy spotted) and "Z" (help requested) keys.  Especially for the help requested command, use it early.  Don't wait until you're at half health against the entire team, as that isn't overly helpful.  At least when you get to higher levels, those two keys can really determine the flow of a fight, as it allows your team to keep track of where the enemy is and when to go in for a big push and whatnot.  It could help a lot with your teamwork issues.  Edit:  part and parcel to this is paying attention when others use it.  It's always wise to use your own judgement when someone calls for help, but you should try to respond if you think you can aid them.  If someone hits Q, you don't necessarily have to go search and destroy, but keep the direction in your mind and be prepared for enemy attacks from thereabout.

As for private servers, while unfortunately they are not implemented yet (though I believe devs have said they will be eventually), there should always be at least one open and empty server of each game type.  If you and your friends join an empty deathmatch server, you can usually keep it to yourself so long as you politely ask any who join to leave, explaining the circumstances.  It's a lot easier if you choose to do that on non-peak hours, though.

But yes, party system is coming eventually, and it has been speculated that it might be dropping in the next patch.  So stick around and blow up some mechs in the mean time.  Welcome to Hawken and all that jazz; we hope you stick around and enjoy yourself.

Edited by Daronicus, July 12 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#4 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted July 13 2013 - 04:49 AM

Other colors on the radar, yes just like in World of Warplanes/Tanks. And I think they are working on a party system so don't worry it will be implemented :)

Edited by FakeName, July 13 2013 - 08:36 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#5 Ant51

Ant51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for letting me Know this Daronicus for the private servers and FakeName. But at the moment I have a mic and a group of us all talk on a teamspeak so I don't know where this came from with me not having a mic. My point here was that I wanted to be in a party with friends and more easly find them to work with. So this can be done fast as it should be with a fast passed game.

#6 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted July 13 2013 - 08:37 AM

Just wait for the next patch, should be around 2-3 weeks. I hope this patch will finally the party syste marrive :)

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum, Game, Review

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users