HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Main Menu Music Swap

Game Video

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RED_FIVE

RED_FIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationHangar Bay

Posted July 24 2013 - 05:26 PM

The current main menu music is decent, but I think can be improved upon.

Do you remember the first Hawken trailer_
Now that was a mighty fine thematic piece of music that would make for a great replacement.
It's sweeping, exciting, and beats the current audio by a mile.

I'd love to see this happen.
It'd be a small change, but one that could keep players excited, and keep them playing.

The track in question:

Enjoy.

Edited by RED_FIVE, July 24 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

#2 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted July 24 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'll add a +1 for making that song them menu music :)
Now we just need someone to loop it and done.

Edited by ShadowWarg, July 24 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#3 u53r

u53r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 08:58 PM

I dunno, that music is great but I think for menu music it might be a bit too intense and dramatic, I presonally prefer the tranquil track they have now, I like having a moment to relax between battles when I'm messing with my mechs, this track would just keep you tense and make the game more tiring.

But thats my personal preference.

Edited by u53r, July 24 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#4 RED_FIVE

RED_FIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationHangar Bay

Posted July 24 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postu53r, on July 24 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

I dunno, that music is great but I think for menu music it might be a bit too intense and dramatic, I presonally prefer the tranquil track they have now, I like having a moment to relax between battles when I'm messing with my mechs, this track would just keep you tense and make the game more tiring.

But thats my personal preference.

Good point for sure. Those matches can be hectic.

I'd at least like to see this great track implemented somewhere in the game since it's so damn good.

Posted Image

#5 u53r

u53r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 09:32 PM

I could almost see it working as the music that plays when a battle is drawing to and end, it would get you pumped for that last couple minutes and get you to push a bit harder.

#6 ArachII

ArachII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted July 25 2013 - 11:05 AM

I love both music, but when the same music is repeated again and again, it grows boring. I would like to see a rotation between all the soundtrack they have made in the past. Something done by the game itself or a jukebox menu somewhere. I like diversity.

I know some games that their music change depending on the current state of the game. As an example, Age of Mythology has a "standard" background music. When you were attacked, it would trigger another song, or when you engage a fight, another song would play. I know music can be a bad distraction in Hawken, but implemented when there isn't any fights, it could fill up these silent moments when looking for enemies, collecting EU or just waiting at any AA. Actually, I can only remember myself a special song is triggered when a Battleship is launched. I guess not many people are supporting this idea, but I can dream, right_ :)

u53r is right, the music mentioned in the OP can replace the current ending game music, or sometimes take its place...
"I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees" - Emiliano Zapata

#7 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 11:28 AM

i liked the music in the beginning ...but now all music is shut down in the game ......
better a build in radio ....like tuna radio

#8 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted July 25 2013 - 02:09 PM

View Postu53r, on July 24 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

I could almost see it working as the music that plays when a battle is drawing to and end, it would get you pumped for that last couple minutes and get you to push a bit harder.

That would be perfect. This song could play for the last couple minutes of DM and TDM. And when either base is at 500 HP in Siege or Missile Assault.

I do not think that it would work as well as menu music though. It is too short, and would repeat so often that it would get boring really quickly. It is also a bit too dramatic and high energy for menu music. Good menu music should be fairly simple, so that you do not really pay that much attention to it. Otherwise it tends to get boring, or annoying, really quickly.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#9 RED_FIVE

RED_FIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationHangar Bay

Posted July 26 2013 - 02:30 PM

Good points all around. I think we can agree that some additional music would be appreciated.

For now, I'm sure the devs have a lot of important stuff to tackle first.

Posted Image

#10 SweetAnubis

SweetAnubis

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 05:34 AM

i can agree on the music... more variety is always nice, as is music in general on a game from time to time. if done right it can realy improve on the game play, you'r about to lose then the music gets more dramatic, the other team is about to take the lead then the music gets mysterious etc....

however the option still needs to exist one way or another to turn the music off for those players who hate music when they play shooters....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users