HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

launching problem HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Avlant

Avlant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 03:51 AM

So the other day i got a little accident with my electricity which suddenly drop and my laptop shutted down (playing without battery).
i was playing hawken at that time and since then i couldnt launch the game...
i can still open my launcher but the game always crash when i tried to launch it, the popped up message says HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe has stopped working.

i thought the file was corrupted or something so i tried to uninstall, and then reinstall it with the same installer (haven't deleted it) but the game still crash.
i have tried the verify/repair option before i reinstall, and after, but everything seemed to be verified correctly.

what should i do_ anyone has any ideas_ this is a very good game i would really like to play again :(

sorry if this is a repost topic and please pardon my english

#2 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 03:55 AM

Go to the  Your DocumentsMy Games map, locate the hawken folder in there and rename it to hawkenbackup, then start the game and it will recreate the hawken map with the default settings, and this should fix your problem. You will need to redo your ingame settings after this.

#3 Avlant

Avlant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 03:58 AM

sorry i didnt get it, what do i rename to hawkenbackup in my hawken folder_

#4 Avlant

Avlant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 04:07 AM

ok got it solved, well that was simple

#5 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted August 13 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostAvlant, on August 13 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

So the other day i got a little accident with my electricity which suddenly drop and my laptop shutted down (playing without battery).
i was playing hawken at that time and since then i couldnt launch the game...
i can still open my launcher but the game always crash when i tried to launch it, the popped up message says HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe has stopped working.

i thought the file was corrupted or something so i tried to uninstall, and then reinstall it with the same installer (haven't deleted it) but the game still crash.
i have tried the verify/repair option before i reinstall, and after, but everything seemed to be verified correctly.

what should i do_ anyone has any ideas_ this is a very good game i would really like to play again :(

sorry if this is a repost topic and please pardon my english
pssh when this happened to me it was like fo four weeks i couldnt launch it, but i waited a week or so and it worked :wacko:
Posted Image

#6 loa2y2015

loa2y2015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 17 2014 - 08:00 AM

ok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users