HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken BIG UPDATE MAJOR CHANGES (WITH PHOTOS) !!!

Announcement Forum Patch Update News Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
583 replies to this topic

#1 KillerMariosCY

KillerMariosCY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 05:36 PM

UPDATE MAJOR CHANGES

New mech: Vanguard
New map : Last Echo
New features : new UI
new mech HUD
equip different weapons
change the visuals of your mech (reflected in game too !)
apply your tuning points to another mech without having to start from scratch
There's no longer a cost associated to unlock a mech either, so you can try out mechs without having to     invest in them,
XP transfer system to another mech
dodge and 180 degree turn in the air,
take no damage when you fall,
wave-based team deathmatch mode (offline),
better killcam,                              
party system, more stats for players, minor graphic changes (see images).                                                        source :  [ destructoid.com ]

more info:http://www.destructo...ck-259913.phtml

Attached Thumbnails

• new-HUD-noscale.jpg
  • Garage-noscale.jpg
  • Sahara-Before-After-noscale.jpg

#2 ChemicalX

ChemicalX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSnowmass Village, CO

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:02 PM

WOAH! The pictures have eased my nerves a bit about the HUD being changed so drastically! Thanks for this post!

#3 PezJoe

PezJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:13 PM

wow! thanks for info xD

#4 axxoe

axxoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:19 PM

so about that new vanguard :

Posted Image

... they took the old one .. and ...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Chacun Son Rythme

#5 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:19 PM

Note: Vanguard isn't the new mech the devs talked about. Vanguard is an already released mech for the people who participated in the Vanguard Initiative; I suspect the devs are making the mech's load out available for all, but allowing the unique Initiative's chassis to remain unique for those who purchased it. So technically, we're getting this (already released one) plus a new mech we still don't know about! (At least that's what I'm positive about)

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#6 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:24 PM

A vanguard_, the devs decided to unlock it for the people than dont bought it, if its this is the case, what happend with the people than bought the vanguard cupcake_

New map, interface, likely the mega patch will be the release version to the game, so in other words, hawken will soon being as release and dont beta anymore.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#7 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:25 PM

Occulus rift support as well, it is missing from that list the OP posted.

#8 HKN_player

HKN_player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:25 PM

lmao i think i see it too axxoe :lol: :D

#9 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:27 PM

What I suspect will happen is that the people who bought the Initiative will keep their unique Cupcake chassis while those who didn't (aka the rest of us), will get the load out of the Vanguard except not have that particular unique chassis from the Initiative.

Posted Image

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#10 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostSilverfire, on August 14 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

What I suspect will happen is that the people who bought the Initiative will keep their unique Cupcake chassis while those who didn't (aka the rest of us), will get the load out of the Vanguard except not have that particular unique chassis from the Initiative.

This is correct!

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#11 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:41 PM

¿With the new patch the technician will have an prestige weapon_

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#12 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostTaerkasten, on August 14 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

I would hope so! The devs have had more than enough time to imagine a fresh new weapon for the Tech and I expect a prestige fin the patch.

Posted Image

#13 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostTaerkasten, on August 14 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Point D Vulcan tech when_
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#14 ChemicalX

ChemicalX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSnowmass Village, CO

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:46 PM

Upon further review...this patch scares the fuzzy bunny out of me! :( Anybody else_
EDIT: It is seemingly becoming a Pay to Win___ I noticed that the prices are drastically changed!12k HK for the gren!!!_!_!_!

Edited by ChemicalX, August 14 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#15 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostChemicalX, on August 14 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Upon further review...this patch scares the fuzzy bunny out of me! :( Anybody else_
Personally, I welcome our new pay2win overlord (all the boosts, moar unnecessary unlocks via the pilot system, the new mech progression system) everything that you're buying at high HC prices can now be bought for really low MC prices.  Though I might finally have use for those 400MC you get at the start of hawken
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#16 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 06:59 PM

View Postecaflip, on August 14 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostChemicalX, on August 14 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Personally, I welcome our new pay2win overlord (all the boosts, moar unnecessary unlocks via the pilot system, the new mech progression system) everything that you're buying at high HC prices can now be bought for really low MC prices.  Though I might finally have use for those 400MC you get at the start of hawken

Pay2win_ How_ No one mech in particular guarantees a massive advantage over the others; that's something Hawken has stressed over and over: pilot > mech. I don't care if you bought all your mechs with real money. That doesn't guarantee you a victory over the person who only has the CR-T.

Pay2win can be defined as paying real money to gain an advantage, enough to consistently sweep, over people who don't pay, basically guaranteeing less-than-enjoyable gameplay unless they pay. Hawken is nothing like that, and I doubt will ever be. HC and EXP boosts only affect your incoming exp and HC, not your actual mech, thus not affecting your gameplay as a mech pilot.

On the contrary, I think more unlocks as we progress is great because it gives us, as players, a sense of accomplishment. Otherwise it would be a pointless and senseless grind. It's something to work towards, and if you don't like it, well, get used to it because it's coming.

Edited by Silverfire, August 14 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted August 14 2013 - 07:04 PM

You should definitely check out the source link, they have a couple dozen photos.
What I'm curious about is what the price difference listed under these mechs is meant to mean_ (Will some mechs cost more then others_)

Posted Image

Other things to note is the XP exchange rate from a mech to global XP is 1/66 which means around 2900 MC (190k) to level a new mech from 1 to 25. So the minimum you'd have to buy is around $25 worth of MC

Different internal names (try and interpret what they do from their names):
Posted Image

Edited by Luminescent, August 14 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#18 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 07:11 PM

For the mech prices, what I suspect is that HWK has priced them in accordance to difficulty level. Grenadier is one of the harder mechs to play due to the non-LOS gameplay, so in order to acquire enough HC to purchase the Gren, that means you would have to played long enough to get that much HC, which at that point, the devs hope you have enough experience with the game to handle the almighty Grenadier. Brawler and Rocketeer are mechs that people often start out in C classes with, so they can be defined as "easier" C classes. The Vanguard is right in the middle due to the mix of non-LOS (GL) and LOS (SMC, mini-flak, Point-D) weapons, allowing for an easier transition into the Grenadier, king of non-LOS.

Posted Image

#19 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 14 2013 - 07:11 PM

From the link provided

There's no longer a cost associated to unlock a mech either, so you can try out mechs without having to invest in them

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#20 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostSilverfire, on August 14 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Pay2win_ How_ Pay2win can be defined as paying real money to gain an advantage, enough to consistently sweep, over people who don't pay, basically guaranteeing less-than-enjoyable gameplay unless they pay. Hawken is nothing like that, and I doubt will ever be.

Just because a game doesn't have exclusive advantage granting items doesn't mean it isn't pay2win.  A sub-branch of the pay2win stigma is the pay2notgrind type, this form of pay2win is a game that has all game effecting content for money and in game money, but with the in game money being extremely scarce/hard to obtain or having the in game money cost grossly higher than the real money counterpart.  With how many new unlocks that are going to be flooding the shop next patch and their prices listed I do think this will ring true. On average a player will be making 100-ish HC a round, the cheapest item HE grenade costs in the mid 1k range which would make a free player have to "grind" atleast 10+ rounds to unlock the item they wanted for  their mech, this is an example of a paygate or a pay2notgrind scenario where a free player would have to sink considerable amounts of time to unlock a single item whilst a paying player could pay for the item and have instant satisfaction.

View PostSilverfire, on August 14 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

On the contrary, I think more unlocks as we progress is great because it gives us, as players, a sense of accomplishment. Otherwise it would be a pointless and senseless grind. It's something to work towards, and if you don't like it, well, get used to it because it's coming.
There isn't much of an accomplishment when it comes to grinding for hours on end to finally get a fully equipped mech. Accomplishment should be brought about through actual game play and not chasing a carrot through the veil of "progression"
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Forum, Patch, Update, News, Exclusive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users