HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tecnician nerf

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#1 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:15 AM

In the next patch im hoping they nerf the tech so its never seen again, but if they dont maybe make the tech can take more damage while its using its special ability so its more risky using it in the middle of battle_ or maybe take more damage while its healing_

Fingers crossed it gets nerfed to hell anyway.

#2 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hopefully it does but I don't think they are nerfing it :(

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#3 Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationinvading Zion

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:45 AM

A nerf would already be if you actually had to aim for repair torch to be effective, keep your buddy in a reticle. You also wouldn't be able to simultaneously attack an enemy and heal a team mate with this.
Posted Image

#4 tropt

tropt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Perth

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:47 AM

Personally, I think it needs two things:
1) overheat quicker when using the healing tool
2) X seconds shaved off the major ability cool down period.

It would be nice to see the tech used sporadically (tactically) throughout a match at opportune moments, rather than the way it is now - permanently topping up a players health while dancing in the background.

Just my thoughts on the oft-discussed 'nerf the tech' disco drama.
Shooting myself, for damage perks

#5 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted August 25 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostUn3thical, on August 25 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

In the next patch im hoping they nerf the tech so its never seen again, but if they dont maybe make the tech can take more damage while its using its special ability so its more risky using it in the middle of battle_ or maybe take more damage while its healing_

Fingers crossed it gets nerfed to hell anyway.
AGREE tech should be very vulnerable when using special heal plus heat build up should be quicker. Really sick and tired of c class with tech stuck up rear virtually un killable when alone.

#6 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted August 25 2013 - 05:11 AM

I really don't see any problems with the tech after the last patch. A VERY small nerf to the green beam healing rate would be acceptable, but other than that I think the mech should be left the way it is. Plus, with this new patch some Mech stats might be totally flipped meaning that the tech may seem better or worse despite no buff or nerf to it.

Just my two cents! :)
Posted Image
Spoiler

#7 SethStaples

SethStaples

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 05:49 AM

Yes, complain about Mech's. Beg for nerf's. How many awesome games have I seen destroyed by little boys that cry about everything. The Tech is squishy as hell so, stop shooting the c-class in front of him and aim for the tech behind him. Don't start begging for nerf's as that is a very rocky road to go down and in the end it will only make things worse. Example, If they nerf 1 mech they are going to nerf others to keep all the community happy. AND they will most likely buff other things about those same Mech's to even it all out.

#8 JyuVioleGrace

JyuVioleGrace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted August 25 2013 - 06:10 AM

To be honest, I don't think techs are that much of a problem. If you see a tech and a C-class, just don't engage and find a better angle. And, yeah, someone else has mentioned this, but techs are quite squishy. Land a couple of good shots on them and they'll probably get out of there.

However, their ez mode tracking beam is a little too easy to use IMO. Maybe reduce the leash range of it_

#9 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 25 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostSiamenis, on August 25 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

A nerf would already be if you actually had to aim for repair torch to be effective, keep your buddy in a reticle. You also wouldn't be able to simultaneously attack an enemy and heal a team mate with this.

Yes that's the sense. Tech shall decide between healing and damaging enemies.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#10 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostSethStaples, on August 25 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Yes, complain about Mech's. Beg for nerf's. How many awesome games have I seen destroyed by little boys that cry about everything. The Tech is squishy as hell so, stop shooting the c-class in front of him and aim for the tech behind him. Don't start begging for nerf's as that is a very rocky road to go down and in the end it will only make things worse. Example, If they nerf 1 mech they are going to nerf others to keep all the community happy. AND they will most likely buff other things about those same Mech's to even it all out.

They are not quishier then any other a-mech, and with the selfheal they are often a lot tougher then a-mechs. It is a low-skill, no-aim mech that dumbifies strategic play to "kill the tech first".

And it would be so easy to fix, just take the selfheal away and replace its beam with a weapon that shoots little healing orbs. When the orb sticks to a friend, it starts healing them, if the orb misses thats too bad, but misses don't do anything (unless you are an eoc user ofc).

#11 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted August 25 2013 - 06:49 AM

I find that the seeker on the Rocketeer is easy enough to land shots with - the thing does seek as advertised. The Dev team said that aiming heals were impossible to use etc. Being the stubborn guy that I am, I just have to see the Seeker as the basis of a healing gun instead of that silly beam the Tech has currently before I will believe them.

Edited by Wasabi_Wei, August 25 2013 - 06:53 AM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#12 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on August 25 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I find that the seeker on the Rocketeer is easy enough to land shots with - the thing does seek as advertised. The Dev team said that aiming heals were impossible to use etc. Being the stubborn guy that I am, I just have to see the Seeker as the basis of a healing gun instead of that silly beam the Tech has currently before I will believe them.
I still can't believe they said that. Every time I remember that was said, I'm shocked because of how laughably untrue the concept is.
If skillshot heals were impossible and unfun, then skillshot damage would also have to be impossible and unfun.

Did you know there's a class in Firefall dedicated to being a healer, and it has nothing but skillshot heals_
It's actually one of Firefalls funnest classes to play, and it's fairly easy to use (with great potential for skill growth).

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#13 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostSeron16, on August 25 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

I really don't see any problems with the tech after the last patch. A VERY small nerf to the green beam healing rate would be acceptable, but other than that I think the mech should be left the way it is. Plus, with this new patch some Mech stats might be totally flipped meaning that the tech may seem better or worse despite no buff or nerf to it.

Just my two cents! :)

^^          ^_^/

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#14 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:41 AM

Game went down the drain after the tech patch, its true.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#15 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:44 AM

ironicly i always die in my tech :P
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#16 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:54 AM

Honestly, i want to punch people in the face for their whining about Technician. Seriously, can you stop_ It won't be removed and it's ability won't be changed. More than that, the mech itself's already really weak. Oh, and one more thing:

Any mech + Tech = Any mech + Any mech ~ 2 = 2.

Edited by TheVulong, August 25 2013 - 07:55 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Rahh_Vende

Rahh_Vende

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationPirun rantasaunassa Tuonenvirran varrella, ylimmillä lauteilla. Alasti prkl!

Posted August 25 2013 - 07:59 AM

How 'bout enabling hostile fire for the heal beam_ So you could 'snatch' that jesus-beam by going between the tech and his buttbuddy. That would be nice and hilarious, and would promote at least some aiming. Attacking and healing would not be possible simultaneously tho', but who cares_ (I know I don't.)
Posted Image

#18 Rahh_Vende

Rahh_Vende

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationPirun rantasaunassa Tuonenvirran varrella, ylimmillä lauteilla. Alasti prkl!

Posted August 25 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostTheVulong, on August 25 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Honestly, i want to punch people in the face for their whining about Technician. Seriously, can you stop_ It won't be removed and it's ability won't be changed. More than that, the mech itself's already really weak. Oh, and one more thing:

Just the about the Tech_ Come on, mate. No offense intended but how is it any more annoying than the discussions about EOC/SS/sield/walls_

And if that equation about 2 mechs would be true, Techs wouldn't have any impact in the outcome of battles. But they do.
Posted Image

#19 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostTheVulong, on August 25 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

And that would be why the deathball meta is so popular.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#20 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 25 2013 - 08:35 AM

Just the about the Tech_ Come on, mate. No offense intended but how is it any more annoying than the discussions about EOC/SS/sield/walls_
I guess everyone has it's own truth here. But to me shields are much more of a problem than Techs.

And if that equation about 2 mechs would be true, Techs wouldn't have any impact in the outcome of battles. But they do.
Because it's usually "Tech + Any mech VS Any single mech". Also, most of the time people try to shoot the mech that being healed instead of Tech - i know that because i played a lot of Tech and i remember only few times when people was really trying to kill me first.

My point here is that the mech itself is not the problem, people with poor tactical thinking are.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users