HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tecnician nerf

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#221 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted September 24 2013 - 10:30 AM

And what about casual gamers has anything to do with the technicians existence_ If im a casual gamer that must mean I love vertical progression and sticky beam technicians. Guess what_ I dont.

I dont even understand how someone draws that correlation.

#222 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 24 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostHouruck, on September 24 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

It is not causal game because of the bug fixes (I hated the invisishield). It is because of vertical progression, killstreaks and sticky beams.

Sticky beam is cheap. Killstreak internals that's a problem in TDM. Vertical progression, I think it's good when you learn the game.

Friendly fire and self healing, isnt it a bit casual from the start for a FPS_ EUFightclub 2vs2 was kinda good with this thrill you had to avoid dealing damage to your wingman.

#223 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 24 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostM4st0d0n, on September 24 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

It is not causal game because of the bug fixes (I hated the invisishield). It is because of vertical progression, killstreaks and sticky beams.

Sticky beam is cheap. Killstreak internals that's a problem in TDM. Vertical progression, I think it's good when you learn the game.

Friendly fire and self healing, isnt it a bit casual from the start for a FPS_ EUFightclub 2vs2 was kinda good with this thrill you had to avoid dealing damage to your wingman.
Killstreak internals are a problem in any mode, and vertical progression is no better than horizontal progression for learning the game, while causing problems that horizontal progression doesn't have.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#224 tBanzai

tBanzai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted September 25 2013 - 12:45 AM

The only nerf a tech needs is an extra set of guns focusing it down from the opposing team.

I see too many players cry that technicians are over powered after only shooting at mechs being healed the entire match and not bothering to coordinate with the rest of their team to take down the tech first.

Edited by tBanzai, September 25 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#225 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 25 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on September 24 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

View PostM4st0d0n, on September 24 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Killstreak internals are a problem in any mode, and vertical progression is no better than horizontal progression for learning the game, while causing problems that horizontal progression doesn't have.

Vertical progression is good to reduce the interest of smurf accounts. Just for that it's a good thing. As for making the game casual, I wont know, it didn't afect me. Right now I estimate the time to reach LVL30 to be less than a few weeks, so it definately prevent the early hours of gameplay of pubstomping. That's when people are getting hooked by the game.

Killstreak internals are less a problem in gamemodes where objectives are more important than avoiding death. In those objectives, when you killstreak, you're either cleaning or defending a position and it'll allow you to resist the comeback of freshly spawned enemies with full armor and readied EMPs. And frankly, any internals that reduce the time down by this dumb "press C to repair" mechanism and bring some more actual action is good. I've spent 10 hours of my life pressing it, so much for the fun and the skill!

#226 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted September 25 2013 - 11:26 AM

I like the idea of a burst heal weapon on the tech. Something you have to aim, that heals 25-50 HP over a few seconds on impact.

Edited by maschas, September 25 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#227 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted September 25 2013 - 12:24 PM

If anyone is wondering how an not-sticky healing would be, just check my suggestion thread on the MECHS topic. It's not a fix to the technician, but I think it might help you guys with it:

https://community.pl...features-items/

#228 Phaaded

Phaaded

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 25 2013 - 12:36 PM

To be honest, when I play the Tech people immediately target and go for me first....as they should.

I used to feel it was overpowered, and then I played one.  What I found was that most times it was more beneficial to my team for me to be in my Scout or Raider.  Of course the Tech can sway the course of battle, but then again so can I when I flank people with my Scout or Raider.

#229 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 25 2013 - 03:57 PM

I first played Tech with Ascension (free xp transfer weeeeee!). I feel like they're basically fine, or at least are more balanced in this iteration than the prior. But then I didnt play them pre ascension, so..._

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users