HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tecnician nerf

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#41 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 25 2013 - 10:07 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]
Please do.

Posted Image

#42 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted August 25 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostTheVulong, on August 25 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Please do.

Well you stopped... and saved my undies in the process. Thanks!
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#43 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 25 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postdavek1979, on August 25 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on August 25 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Please do.

Well you stopped... and saved my undies in the process. Thanks!
I said we should wait for the patch, so.. There's really not much point in arguing.

Posted Image

#44 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted August 25 2013 - 11:38 PM

stop trying to nerf my favorite mech! you guys already killed it's vamp beam and healing rates.
no more ;_;
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#45 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 11:49 PM

Tech has no place in Hawken.

Shame the devs can't see that while the playerbase can.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#46 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 12:34 AM

Have all you guys ever played a Tech, it isn't that easy. And make the healbeam a projectile weapon was suggested before and won't happen, because the tech is meant to heal others in battle so if you try to heal someone dodging, you gonna have a bad time. Also the beam is sticky so you can fire on enemis to defend yourself or help your teammate, though, if you heal and shoot, the tech overheats really quickly even with heatsinks. It's a mech to encourage teamplay, I know many people seem to not like teamplay, but Hawken is somewhat build around that idea.

#47 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted August 26 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postdavek1979, on August 25 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Tech has no place in Hawken.

Shame the devs can't see that while the playerbase can.
Its to bad the player base is split on that argument.

Me personally, even though I say its an interesting addition, I'm honestly on the fence about it. I'll be fine with it once its balanced and I be fine if it is removed. I'll just adapt and continue to enjoy the.

#48 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted August 26 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostTheVulong, on August 25 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Any mech + Tech = Any mech + Any mech ~ 2 = 2.

That's so completely wrong when the only mech that can heal is the tech. I think your upset about my post because you play Tech all the time.

#49 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted August 26 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostTheVulong, on August 25 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Edit: I also think that all this could be fixed by making the beam not sticky.

Can you imagine how difficult the healing process will be without the sticky beam_ I mean, have you ever tried to heal a Scout or any other A-class mid-battle_ That's really hard because usually A- pilots don't know/care about the Tech behind them - they just dodge and boost all over the place so 50% of the time you're basically trying to chase and catch them back in you crosshair. B- and C- classes are not so horrible in that relation but still it takes some time to understand your teammate's movement.

Their is no point healing an A class because your wasting your time on what little armour they have, your better off healing a B or C class because they usually appreciate it and they have way more armour. If im an a class and a tech heals me I tell them to go away because they either end up getting in the way e.g. they stop me from moving or they get in the way of my guns.

#50 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 26 2013 - 12:50 AM

That's so completely wrong when the only mech that can heal is the tech. I think your upset about my post because you play Tech all the time.
What post_

P.S. Tech is not my fav, i usually play it if i want to relax and i'll be totally fine if it's gone. As i said, i just tired of whining.

Posted Image

#51 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostHuanglong, on August 26 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Have all you guys ever played a Tech, it isn't that easy. And make the healbeam a projectile weapon was suggested before and won't happen, because the tech is meant to heal others in battle so if you try to heal someone dodging, you gonna have a bad time. Also the beam is sticky so you can fire on enemis to defend yourself or help your teammate, though, if you heal and shoot, the tech overheats really quickly even with heatsinks. It's a mech to encourage teamplay, I know many people seem to not like teamplay, but Hawken is somewhat build around that idea.

I have played a Tech and I know for a fact that it is extremely easy. While in other mechs I have to actually WORK for my XP, in Tech all I was doing was to hook up on the MVP of my team and the XP just kept coming while I was in relative safety most of the time. I was placing consistently on the 1st place. Then I stopped playing Tech because it started to feel like cheating and it was extremely boring.

The only players who would protest against Tech nerf are those who consistently use it for lame XP gain at the expense of the quality of match.

#52 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:09 AM

It is difficult if you don't hook up the MVP and heal others too. I hate those techs that only heal the MVP. I try to support the whole team and I only use it if my team seems to need it. It's a good thing to support players that are not that skilled and preventing them from getting stomped all the time, so you can give them a more fun expirience. Also there remains the teamplay thing.

Edited by Huanglong, August 26 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#53 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostHuanglong, on August 26 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Also there remains the teamplay thing.
Theres no use in arguing what "teamplay" is. But in case of the tech, what is teamplay worth, when its at best boring and usually frustrating_

#54 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:43 AM

TECH does not necessarily equal TEAMPLAY.

Most techs don't give one single fk about team. They heal everyone in sight for the lame-arse bow on the score screen at the end of a match. Whenever I see that, I only ask in chat "Why would you bow for devs letting you exploit broken game mechanics _"

Most of them are not where they are supposed to be, some are even going into offense for more epeen, because, you know, holding that button down while the game aims for you is so daaaamn hard.

I know, I played it, I'm still ashamed how easy I placed first.

#55 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 02:03 AM

TECH does not necessarily equal TEAMPLAY

It's a mech to encourage teamplay

You are encouraged to help your teammates and the enemy team needs to work together harder to defeat your team.

They heal everyone in sight

Whats wrong about healing every damaged teammate_

Most of them are not where they are supposed to be

So the tech is not healing you all the time, right_

holding that button down while the game aims for you is so daaaamn hard.

It's more about not getting killed and to manage the heat. And also it's supposed to be an easy to play mech.

when its at best boring and usually frustrating_

That's your opinion, I like to support my teammates.

#56 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 26 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostHuanglong, on August 26 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

Ask them how they feel. Ask the other team.
When you pwn the whole competition because you have a pocket healer.
When you realize, the other guy would have gotten you, without the green laser in your b_tt.
When you have the rare chance to play some nice people and suddenly stomp and frustrate them, because of tech doping.
When you are good enough to take one guy out before you die in a 1:2, but you cant do sh_t in 1:1+tech.
When you play the tech and cant even play bad enough not to be top/high ranked.
When they guys who played great duels just a minute ago, are turned into mindless zombies by a simple laserbeam.
When acceptably balanced teams completely break, because someone just had to bring a tech.
When you have an exciting, tense and close match turned into a 10kill loss by a child that doesnt know about gaming.
When you invest time to learn all those unfamiliar movements/dodges etc, to play hawken as the game tells you to and then get autoaimed by a red beam.
When you have tech players all over the top of the board and they even admit "its an easy to play mech".

You can support your teammates in a lot of different ways. For example by not dying, or killing enemies, or protecting them, or even shielding them and eating fire while they repair, or distracting opponents, sharing items, good damage distribution, marking enemies, scouting ...
and in the end by taking things like a man and going down with your brothers in arms.

But i think i mixed sth up. I'm talking on the internet here, right_ Excuse me, ill try to hold back. ;)

#57 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 03:32 AM

View Postf_error, on August 26 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

When you realize, the other guy would have gotten you, without the green laser in your b_tt.
When you have the rare chance to play some nice people and suddenly stomp and frustrate them, because of tech doping.
When you are good enough to take one guy out before you die in a 1:2, but you cant do sh_t in 1:1+tech.
When they guys who played great duels just a minute ago, are turned into mindless zombies by a simple laserbeam.
When acceptably balanced teams completely break, because someone just had to bring a tech.
When you have an exciting, tense and close match turned into a 10kill loss by a child that doesnt know about gaming.
When you invest time to learn all those unfamiliar movements/dodges etc, to play hawken as the game tells you to and then get autoaimed by a red beam.
When you have tech players all over the top of the board and they even admit "its an easy to play mech".

You can support your teammates in a lot of different ways. For example by not dying, or killing enemies, or protecting them, or even shielding them and eating fire while they repair, or distracting opponents, sharing items, good damage distribution, marking enemies, scouting ...
and in the end by taking things like a man and going down with your brothers in arms.

But i think i mixed sth up. I'm talking on the internet here, right_ Excuse me, ill try to hold back. ;)

I only use it if my team seems to need it
It's not about the mech, it's about the pilot :D

I have very few problems with enemy techs, except those who heal one guy all the time, but they also die a fair deal of times and are no gurantee for winning the match.

#58 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 26 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostHuanglong, on August 26 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

I only use it if my team seems to need it
It's not about the mech, it's about the pilot :D
It depends on the mood and people in your matches. I prefer a hard fought and lost game, over a game that gets turned by someone going tech, everytime.
In theory the tech should make the game richer. But even beating the tech is no fun to me. It makes me grim and turning into a 12 year old, almost screaming "eat this and die, stupid f***er" when i manage to bring the tech down.

#59 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 26 2013 - 07:43 AM

Shotgun heals or explosive AoE heals are a good exchange for this sticky heal. Also, this would kill the problem that the tech can heal AND shoot an enemy at the same time, wich is pretty stupid. They shall decide between healing OR fighting.
I would also be fine if the Tech overheats pretty fast. Right now it can heal around 3000 HP without overheating. It should be around 800 or so, so they can't heal a team of 6 mechs.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#60 onehourleft

onehourleft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postf_error, on August 26 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users