HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is it Game lag, Server lag, or just a fuzzy bunny computer_

Game Forum Community

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StormFront

StormFront

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Location**********e

Posted August 29 2013 - 01:46 PM

I couldn't help but notice that sometimes when I start my game, everything about it is just plain slow. Then when i join a mtach, every single one of my shots I fire from any weapon is 2 to 6 shots behind. And then the game becomes extremely glichy with quick and sudden movements. What the hell is going on_ If somebody could please help_

Edited by StormFront, August 29 2013 - 01:47 PM.

AN ASSASSIN

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted August 29 2013 - 01:48 PM

What is your ping and the average ping of the other players on the server_ What is the server region_ The first sentance could be FPS drop, but the other stuff really sounds like rubberbanding caused by lag.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Tunnels of Origin

Posted August 29 2013 - 02:16 PM

I have an incredibly fuzzy bunny computer, but my latency is normally pretty good. The most I've ever had at my house was around 180, and that has only happened once or twice. I have been on a few servers that have died pretty slowly and laggily. I've even been on a server that completely crashed, kicking everyone off of it.

However, if this happens to you all the time, I am pretty sure it is not the servers but your own connection. :)
Posted Image

#4 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted August 29 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostStormFront, on August 29 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I couldn't help but notice [/font]that sometimes when I start my game, everything about it is just plain slow. Then when i join a mtach, every single one of my shots I fire from any weapon is 2 to 6 shots behind. And then the game becomes extremely glichy with quick and sudden movements. What the hell is going on_ If somebody could please help_
happens to me too
Posted Image

#5 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 29 2013 - 04:09 PM

The glitching stuff where you hop around suddenly is what we call "rubber banding" or "teleporting" and it's an effect caused by latency between your computer connection and the server. Essentially the packets of information that tell the server what your movements are are getting held up as they go back and forth, so your computer shows you doing one thing (the client side) while the server tries to catch up. When it does catch up and the packets finally transfer, they tell your client that you're supposed to be at X,Y coordinates facing whatever direction and if your client was displaying you in a different position, the position from the server overrides that, causing you to suddenly jump there.
This typically occurs from having a high ping, which can be caused by your physical distance from the server you're on. But it can also be from a lag in your network or server errors. This is sometimes one of the reasons Hawken does server restarts in certain regions and you hear about people being in games that suddenly crash and the whole group gets kicked out.

If your computer's capabilities were the problem, then you'd be experience consistent choppy graphics and slow responses. As if you were watching a slideshow instead of a smooth video.

Edited by nokari, August 29 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Forum, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users