HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to change to 1920 x 1080

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Drenchkat

Drenchkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 12:10 PM

I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 in the test server, which was introduced this weekend. It keeps staying at the current fullscreen resolution of, 1440 x 900. I click on Apply and it does not change, but it does say "would you like to keep these settings."

Any advice_

Attached Files

#2 heartofdarkness

heartofdarkness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWeyland Yutani research offices

Posted September 07 2013 - 12:19 PM

Having probs fitting screen aswell so you`re not alone :huh:
Posted Image

#3 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostDrenchkat, on September 07 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 in the test server, which was introduced this weekend. It keeps staying at the current fullscreen resolution of, 1440 x 900. I click on Apply and it does not change, but it does say "would you like to keep these settings."

Any advice_

Can you change anything else, or does every change you make revert back_ If so, check the C:Users......DocumentsMy GamesHawkenAdvancedBattalion folder and make sure all subdirectories and files in it have read only set to off.

Or it is the issue where you can't make changes to the normal and the advanced settings in one go, and you need to adjust them seperately in a two-step process. Make changes to the normal settings, apply and leave video settings window, then go back and repeat for the advanced settings.

Edited by hendman, September 07 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#4 Ristogod

Ristogod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've got the same exact issue. I cannot change the resolution to 1920x1080. It reverts right back to 1440x900.

I don't see the path your describe either. There is no HawkenAdvancedBattalion folder. This is the path that I see:

HOMESERVERNathanDocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig

Keep in mind that My Documents location is located in a network location, not in the typical C:Users directory. However this was never an issue prior with Hawken.

In this folder there is a file called HawkenSystemSettings.ini. In that file there are these two lines:

ResX=1440
ResY=900

I can change them to this:

ResX=1920
ResY=1080

But as soon as I launch Hawken, they immediately get changed right back.

So until this is fixed, the game is not playable. I can't play the game in the corner of my screen.

#5 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 11 2013 - 09:19 PM

This thread was really about the playtest version.  It used a different path.
C:Users......DocumentsMy GamesHawkenAdvancedBattalion

But, check the ini file permissions like what was stated earlier.

If they are NOT set to read only and you have write access to them, then try this.

Run hawken,
hit F5 or F6
Type 'setres 1920x1080F'  if you want fullscreen, and 'setres 1920x1080W' if you want windowed mode for some reason.

Hope that forces it to work.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#6 Shemp_Knight

Shemp_Knight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 11:13 PM

I just had this problem for the first time as well. Just had to uncheck Borderless Window and make it Inactive.
Hope this helps.

#7 Travistea

Travistea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 12:49 AM

i have a similar error only the window is much smaller
bad ms paint to show how small the game window is.jpg

#8 OldSalt1945

OldSalt1945

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC area

Posted September 12 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostTravistea, on September 12 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

i have a similar error only the window is much smaller
I had the same problem and I could not get it to stay changed to the proper resolution. I edited the HawkenSystemSettings.ini file to set the borderless flag to false. I also set to my desired resolution. The game started fine with full screen. Then when I launched into a game, I got a black screen for the game display. I escaped out (ESC) and set the resolution to a lower value. When I clicked the button to return to the game, the game crashed. Now, I can't even launch the game. It crashes as soon as I launch from the launcher. Looks like they have some video problems that need to be resolved quickly. BTW, I am using an nVidea GTX 690. I used GeForce Experience to "optimize" Hawken after first running the game (only did the training stuff). The "optimize" process is what set borderless flag to true. I suspect that process may have also messed up some other stuff. I'm going to try some more things ASAP. :(

#9 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 12 2013 - 01:27 PM

i don't know why you guys are getting super techinical. there is a bug with the settings. just open the video settings in hawken, and turn off borderless window mode. after that, you should be able to turn your resolution and fullscreen to proper settings.
Posted Image

#10 Travistea

Travistea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostMartock, on September 12 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

i don't know why you guys are getting super techinical. there is a bug with the settings. just open the video settings in hawken, and turn off borderless window mode. after that, you should be able to turn your resolution and fullscreen to proper settings.

because the window is to small that you cant just go into the settings in game

#11 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted September 13 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostTravistea, on September 12 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostMartock, on September 12 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

because the window is to small that you cant just go into the settings in game

Did you try hitting the maximize button_ Seems to work for most people.  Tried using the geforce experience_
Posted Image

#12 KalaTheFox

KalaTheFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 12:50 AM

Ok guys, after dealing with this twice now,Here is how you solve it. Close Hawkin (alt tab out, close window from the task bar, hit alt tab again to unlock your mouse or alt f4 it.).
now that you are out of the inescapable game... go to this folder in your computer:

C:Users(your user name)Documentsmy gamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig    

In this folder, you will see a bunch of .ini files. Look for HawkenSystemSettings.ini   open it, (it SHOULD open in Notepad, or it will ask.) Scroll through (or ctrl f and search),

change Borderless=True to Borderless=False,

and change the resolution here: (my resolution is 1920x1080, for example.) You will see it saying something stupid like 400x250 or something equally dumb. just change it to look like this (or your res of choice)
ResX=1920
ResY=1080

Save the file, close and relaunch. Boom. done

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users