HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Controls not working!_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Punisher2099

Punisher2099

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hey there,

I took a break from playing because of real life, and well I tried playing again tonight and I ran into this very strange issue.. I can't control my mech AT ALL! Mouse is working; the various keyboard options are working, but it's like the game is not accepting my inputs at all for the direction! I can't move at all! It's like it's disabled or something.

I can't go forward, backward, strafe left or right at ALL!

When I go to the option menus, it accepts all my inputs but when i'm in gameplay, well i can't move. This is so incredibly weird!

i've put some money in this game and now I can't control my mech!

#2 Tsyklon

Tsyklon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted September 07 2013 - 06:48 PM

Could be a minor driver issue. Are you experiencing this problem in any other programs_ If not, try reinstalling the client.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but nukes will always kill you.

#3 Punisher2099

Punisher2099

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's working fine with other games. I have just tried the game with an xbox 360 wireless controller and its working fine! O_O Why are my keyboard inputs disabled..

I am doing some further testing, will update in the coming moments..

edit: remapping the buttons 'works' but in game, they dont make the mech move.

Edited by Punisher2099, September 07 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#4 Tsyklon

Tsyklon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted September 07 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just reinstall the client. Quickest fix I can think of without digging through the config files.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but nukes will always kill you.

#5 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostPunisher2099, on September 07 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

It's working fine with other games. I have just tried the game with an xbox 360 wireless controller and its working fine! O_O Why are my keyboard inputs disabled..
Have you tried it with the controller disconnected_  Depending on how the game handles controllers, it might ignore keyboard inputs because it's only listening for a controller.

#6 ShivaSpace

ShivaSpace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostPunisher2099, on September 07 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

I can't control my mech AT ALL! Mouse is working; the various keyboard options are working, but it's like the game is not accepting my inputs at all for the direction! I can't move at all! It's like it's disabled or something.
When I go to the option menus, it accepts all my inputs but when i'm in gameplay, well i can't move. This is so incredibly weird!
Funny, that's the exact same problem I'm having, except for me it's my wireless xbox controller that's accepted in the options, but doesnt work in gameplay.

#7 Harrower

Harrower

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 04:20 PM

Same issue here, wired 360 controller. any assistance would be appreciated.

#8 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted September 20 2014 - 07:43 PM

I use a logitech f310 and the controls are inverted all the time even when i fix them but really Can you even play hawken with a controler_ its so fast that aiming is so slow with it.
Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#9 notgood

notgood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 22 2014 - 03:56 PM

same problem here, i used always a xbox 360 controller for hawken, till i had to take a break since spring for my exams, and now after giving some of my personalities to that steam - thing and reinstalling hawken my left thumbstick doesn't work, every other button/stick/bumper does so only my movement is disabled

so which client have to be reinstalled_  :(

#10 notgood

notgood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:52 PM

problem solved for me, i had to reinstall my 360 drivers and reset the keybindings, then dont change the movement keybindings first try out what buttons work for you ingame and only change keybindings which are necessary for you :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users