HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Graphics glitching on some maps_...

Video

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 04:36 AM

Hi, the graphics are messed right up for me on some maps and i have no idea why. Heres a video of it:

The first minute is one map thats fine and after that is next map which is messed right up. Makes no sense.
Ive made it run on DX9 to see if that works. Made it smoother but still the glitches. DX is up to date. Cant update my graphics cards drivers becasue the ones that the laptop came with are the only ones that work properly - i've tried updating before and it made it run at about 2% of its potential.

Any ideas_..
Spoiler
“One Act Can One Day Affect All”

#2 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 07:53 AM

Dam - thought this update might have fixed it. Nope :(
Played 3 maps - 1 was fine - 2 were messed right up. Wish i knew what was causing it coz i like this game but its unplayable when glitches make it so you cant see anything more than a foot away.
Spoiler

#3 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 08:45 AM

You might wanna try resetting all your ingame settings to default values. To do that go the c:users........My documentsMy games directory and rename the Hawken folder in there to Hawkenbackup. Then start the game and see if it fixed anything.

#4 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:25 PM

Ah thanks -  just tried it - no luck tho. Ive done a fresh install aswell. Seems to be a bit worse in the new version of the game. Anoying.
Spoiler

#5 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:41 PM

It certainly looks like a graphic issue.......why hasn't your laptop manufacturer some updated drivers....or the manufacturer of the graphics card_

#6 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 05:45 PM

When i first got it i updated the drivers from the ATI website - tried 2 different versions i think - and one from HP but they crippled the graphics card - i thought it was just a terribe card (ATI MOBILITY HD 5470) until i did a factory restore and found out it was those new drivers. I can play Crysis 1 and 2 - fallout 3 and far cry 3 (just about) so i'm reluctant to go messing about with the drivers again. Doing a system restore wouldnt get me the old ones back last time, the only way i could get them back was factory restore..  I cant remember exactly what i did but i know i spent over 60 hours trying to get it working - it wasnt pleasent lol. I wanna play Hawken, but not quite that much :D

Its really odd that its only some maps that are totally messed up and others totally fine - it make no sense to me. The problem with trying to fix graphics issues is it could liturally be anything causing it - could be one setting on the ATI control centre that needs selecting or a currupted file anywhere on the system, or could be one little thing in the game files or video settings that my compter just dosent like. I dunno - i give up for now lol.
Spoiler

#7 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:09 PM

You can always file a ticket with the suppor staff: https://playhawken.z...us_requests/new
Maybe they have a clue what is going on.

#8 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 03:53 PM

Ah, they just said to update the drivers hehe

I just checked what version drivers i have and even though they are from 2010 they are still the latest ones available from HP. On the ATI website they say:

Article NumberGPU-28041
The AMD Mobility Radeon graphics driver supplied by the notebook manufacturer is customized for the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. It is recommended to use the drivers provded by the notebook manufacturer.

I wish i could remember exactly what drivers i tries when i first got this laptop. Anyway - i know the ones i have now work with most games; think i'm better off leaving it alone for now. Hopfully HP will make a new version one day (i wont hold my breath for that one though lol)..

Edited by ORGONOTIC, September 17 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Spoiler

#9 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 12:39 AM

Finished downloading Planetside 2 earlier and found the same sort of glitching as on Hawken.
I took a brave pill and tried updating the drivers without doing a time (and DVD) consuming backup: D

The reason I never succeeded with them ages ago, I found out, is because HP set up most or all laptops they sell that use switchable graphics (they have one ATI card and one Intel built-in chip that need to be able to switch) so that they couldnt use the drivers from AMD.

Anyway, luckily I found a post on the HP forums about people modding the ATI/AMD drivers, because HP is so slack as to not bother updating such a vital thing as the graphics drivers for going on 3 years!.. I was going to try one of the mods but one of the last posters said he'd got his (different model and graphics card) HP laptop updated from the new drivers at the AMD website - the previous ones never used to work.

I cleaned off all the old driver stuff, put in all my info into the AMD driver searcher and it suggested using an automatic update program they have – refused to update the driver for some stupid reason, like it has done for years with HP switchable graphics. But under that thing there was one other download – for the latest beta driver. I decided to give it a go and yeehar - it’s finally updated. No thanks to HP lol.  

Hawken is no longer glitching :D

Edited by ORGONOTIC, September 20 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users