HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Matchmaking is way off balance

Update Forum Website

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BLTZ01

BLTZ01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:18 PM

Most games I have played since the new ascension game came online has been off balance; meaning, I have either lost real bad or won by a fierce margin.  Either way, the matchmaking (auto-balance) is not working.  What gives_  Why can't the system equally match opponents_  It's really not fun either way.  Seriously.

#2 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hotfix inbound Thursday.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#3 Crockturtle566

Crockturtle566

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:23 PM

I haven't been able to play the new update yet (Fix yo servers!) But I can tell from all these Rant threads (Isn't there a thread somewhere so all you guys can post your rants_) that this isn't a good update.

#4 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostCrockturtle566, on September 14 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I haven't been able to play the new update yet (Fix yo servers!) But I can tell from all these Rant threads (Isn't there a thread somewhere so all you guys can post your rants_) that this isn't a good update.

Try it first, you may be surprised. Dont like or dis-like something by simply reading reviews. Try the experience for yourself first.

Edited by G4M5T3R, September 14 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#5 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostCrockturtle566, on September 14 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Only has two problems. A classes still rule compared to other classes and weapon balancing issues(yea im talking about the hellfires)

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#6 calo

calo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:58 PM

Without ranking nothing informs me of who I'm playing with or against. Most matches before the patch were close. Now it's too one sided. I think optional ranked Play could be a nice addition.

#7 RayzerEdge

RayzerEdge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 15 2013 - 04:07 AM

It's my belief that the matchmaking system is flawed to a certain extent. The practice of using the pilot level as opposed to the score before ascension... to me is ludicrous. We're now pit against each other by the XP we've earned... which only goes in one direction, as opposed to a score that updated at the end of each match. Sure, the scoring method could have used some tweaking to more accurately reflect the skill of a player... but using XP as a means of balancing teams and the level tier restrictions for entering matches, is to me, unfair.

#8 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted September 15 2013 - 04:26 AM

'It's my belief that the matchmaking system is flawed to a certain extent. The practice of using the pilot level as opposed to the score before ascension... to me is ludicrous. We're now pit against each other by the XP we've earned... which only goes in one direction, as opposed to a score that updated at the end of each match. Sure, the scoring method could have used some tweaking to more accurately reflect the skill of a player... but using XP as a means of balancing teams and the level tier restrictions for entering matches, is to me, unfair.'
Agree I have +3million xp(time in game) but really only average player old rating hovered between 1450-1550 so going into game at last figure almost guaranteed balanced game. Now get grouped with players who were 1700+ couple that with high ping and its a massacre the old system was better you do not mind losing its a game but been cannon fodder game after game is not fun.

#9 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted September 15 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostCloudstorm, on September 15 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

'It's my belief that the matchmaking system is flawed to a certain extent. The practice of using the pilot level as opposed to the score before ascension... to me is ludicrous. We're now pit against each other by the XP we've earned... which only goes in one direction, as opposed to a score that updated at the end of each match. Sure, the scoring method could have used some tweaking to more accurately reflect the skill of a player... but using XP as a means of balancing teams and the level tier restrictions for entering matches, is to me, unfair.'
Agree I have +3million xp(time in game) but really only average player old rating hovered between 1450-1550 so going into game at last figure almost guaranteed balanced game. Now get grouped with players who were 1700+ couple that with high ping and its a massacre the old system was better you do not mind losing its a game but been cannon fodder game after game is not fun.

Also, what if we put the game down for a couple months, get rusty, and try to come back_ It's going to huck us right back in with people in our pilot level and we'll be pretty terribly outclassed by the people who have kept up and are in practice. I'd much rather take a bunch of shots to whatever balance metric is present than grind against that until I'm back into swing with whatever changes have been made.

I'm really enjoying the update overall, but this linear progression thing isn't exactly going to cut it.
Posted Image

#10 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostCakeBandit, on September 15 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

View PostCloudstorm, on September 15 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Also, what if we put the game down for a couple months, get rusty, and try to come back_ It's going to huck us right back in with people in our pilot level and we'll be pretty terribly outclassed by the people who have kept up and are in practice. I'd much rather take a bunch of shots to whatever balance metric is present than grind against that until I'm back into swing with whatever changes have been made.

I'm really enjoying the update overall, but this linear progression thing isn't exactly going to cut it.
That is what happened to me! Came back after four months to be cannon fodder in most games.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#11 StargzersBlackbird

StargzersBlackbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:58 PM

same here: the new way of using the pilot lvl for balancing is really stupid. the old version with the score was way better and more accurate and i think we all would benefit from this version.
the pilot lvl only says something about the time spent in hawken, but not about the actual skilllvl.

and yes, i came back after a few months today, too, and were vastly outmatched. before that i usually scored 2nd in my games, no i always was last.

#12 7th_Genesis

7th_Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, Oregon, USA

Posted September 16 2013 - 07:08 PM

I thought the patch was awesome, until I played about 40 matches. The matchmaking system is just broken, it is useless. Out of those 40 matches there were only 2-3 that were evenly matched up.

I like playing like there is a chance to win based on your skill, not a 50/50 for what team you are placed on.

I can endure some of the overpowered mechs (Scouts "STILL_", Rocketeers, Bruisers...) But if matchmaking doesn't improve I will find something else to play.

I mean, this was supposed to be the "Gamechanger" that made everyone want to play endlessly and it seems to be going downhill again.

What I can't understand is why they overpowered some of the mechs and severely underpowered others. Scouts hit much harder, I can't hit worth a s**t anything in a Reaper, where before the patch I was a crackshot. Not to mention the Reaper hits 1/3rd less than it previously did. TOW missiles don't do hardly any damage unless they hit directly.
Posted Image

"The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control... whether we are good or evil."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, Forum, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users