HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Video of Perfect Game

Video Twitter

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Alexandus

Alexandus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 05:06 AM

So I read your comments, and as flametastic as they were, I wanted to point out a couple things:
-I didn't intend on this stomping, Killernec and I just partied up for a couple matches and I just happened to be recording it for my YouTube channel
-Yes I know that the rockets in a Rocketeer can be cheap, but I like the gameplay style
-I'm not THAT good at the game, at least I dont think I am
-I play this game to HAVE FUN, not to be good. This is the only "Shooter" type game that I play because I have 0 aiming ability
-I dont always win by such a margin, see my other videos on my channel for proof of that

-If you DO want to see a closer match, see the video here, its probably a little more enjoyable for you guys since it is VERY VERY close! I had a lot of fun with this match personally.

Edited by Alexandus, September 23 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#22 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted September 23 2013 - 05:13 AM

I hear ya, I love the seekers and hellfires too.  So versatile be they locked on or dumb fired.  With a decent team they chew up a classes like they are nothing out in the open.  For a classes good at cover, you can arc them over cover or burn them with nice splash.  The trick is to not get too aggressive with a flank and find yourself 2v1 against anything.

As bad as the team was that your were facing, my hat's off to every one of them listed at the end for not rage-quitting.
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#23 havoc5

havoc5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 06:13 AM

No one wants to watch a 40-0. Come back with a 40-39 (or any tie score). I had a MA match that ended 3-0 (the team that was behind most of match rallied in the last 30 seconds with a brief 3-cap to win), now was worth showing.

And not pertaining to this video, but any game where only one side has a tech isnt worth recording/watching either.

Edited by havoc5, September 23 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#24 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted September 23 2013 - 05:16 PM

I went 40/1 today and it was presumably a terrible experience for everyone involved—despite players on the other team being really good sports about it over VoIP, I can't imagine they had much fun. Don't brag about ridiculously imbalanced games or party up with the sole intent of causing them, because it ruins everyone's  enjoyment of the game and discourages them from continuing to play it. The community is already small enough as it is, so there's no need to cause it to shrink further by intentionally being a fuzzy bunny. I'm not stating that this was intentional on your part (I haven't watched the video as I'm on a phone), but this post is meant to general and isn't necessarily targeted at you in particular.

#25 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 23 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostLoneSyndal, on September 22 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

EDIT: For those that missed it....

Ah man this detonator at 7:17. Pure skillz. Too bad it was your own teammate.

#26 Alexandus

Alexandus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostJeffMagnum, on September 23 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I went 40/1 today and it was presumably a terrible experience for everyone involved—despite players on the other team being really good sports about it over VoIP, I can't imagine they had much fun. Don't brag about ridiculously imbalanced games or party up with the sole intent of causing them, because it ruins everyone's  enjoyment of the game and discourages them from continuing to play it. The community is already small enough as it is, so there's no need to cause it to shrink further by intentionally being a fuzzy bunny. I'm not stating that this was intentional on your part (I haven't watched the video as I'm on a phone), but this post is meant to general and isn't necessarily targeted at you in particular.

I can sympathize with you and from watching the video posted about the "Party System Working as Intended" it looks like the players in that video are MUCH more skilled than I am. As far as your own post though talking about bragging...I am a little bit, but only because I generally dont do well on my own (not in a party) and I have recently been introducing some online friends to Hawken. They have no experience with the game so I have been teaming up with them to help them and show them the ropes. When we end up doing well, its something they can be proud of, since they just started.

#27 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted September 24 2013 - 08:01 AM

I mean I guess I can understand why you'd be proud after a 40/0 match, but when a game goes that way, it's honestly not due to a good performance on you and your friends' part—it's due to a portion of the game being fundamentally and (if matchmaking isn't switched to skill-based instead of level-based) irreparably broken. Helping people get into Hawken is certainly a good thing, but remember that because unbalanced stomping goes both ways, your friends will inevitably end up on the losing side during games like this due to terrible matchmaking.

Edited by JeffMagnum, September 24 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#28 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 24 2013 - 08:09 AM

Every game I'm in is a perfect game.

GOML
last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things