HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Random Fun With Hellfires - SeasonzTZK

Video

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SeasonzTZK

SeasonzTZK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Posted September 29 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well I was expiriencing some HORRIBLE ping issues the other day so I decided to give that offline training mission a try and practice my hellfires... ugh I wish I could kill that fast in these high level servers :$ check it out:

And yeah I throwed two of my beats in there because why not self promote lol :D

PD.. sorry for the quality forgot to turn half size off (Facepalm <_< )

Edited by SeasonzTZK, September 29 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

"Its not infiltrator, its backstabbertraitor!"

I make beats! https://soundcloud.com/seasonzbeats

#2 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted September 29 2013 - 01:32 PM

Cool :D I know your pretty good with those hell fires.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#3 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted September 29 2013 - 03:14 PM

I see this all the time in matches and it is a problem. Hellfires are an auto aim almost guaranteed to hit weapon. Even with some cover it can be impossible to avoid. Part of the issue is the missiles still track their target even if line of sight is broken. The homing needs to be toned down some.

#4 Kerc_Kersa

Kerc_Kersa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationRight here.

Posted September 29 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostAnalysis, on September 29 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I see this all the time in matches and it is a problem. Hellfires are an auto aim almost guaranteed to hit weapon. Even with some cover it can be impossible to avoid. Part of the issue is the missiles still track their target even if line of sight is broken. The homing needs to be toned down some.

But, if you tone it down some you will remove the trick shot skill from the weapon. Thus making it less versatile and overall nerfing the mechs that have it. As it is, you can almost always dodge the Hellfires if they are fired right at you. You just need to know when to boost/dodge.

They become much harder to dodge if they are fired in a trick shot. So if you remove the trick shot, you also make it very easy to dodge when it is fired right at you.

#5 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted September 29 2013 - 03:42 PM

Helfire is fine, they are very effective in the correct hands. It's not that the helfires are OP, the people that use them are OP

because bow ties are cool

#6 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted September 29 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostHawkEyE_, on September 29 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

But, if you tone it down some you will remove the trick shot skill from the weapon. Thus making it less versatile and overall nerfing the mechs that have it. As it is, you can almost always dodge the Hellfires if they are fired right at you. You just need to know when to boost/dodge.

They become much harder to dodge if they are fired in a trick shot. So if you remove the trick shot, you also make it very easy to dodge when it is fired right at you.

People keep saying you can dodge but the hellfires are following me around corners where other weapons would completely miss. At missile silos a rocketeer/bruiser can fly up and aim slightly up once locked on and you can't avoid the damage. I'm piloting for the most part a scout with 490 health so I notice when I get hit. The only other weapon I have an issue with in game is the HEAT. Based on the video a trick shot consists of locking on and aiming away to change the arc which sounds quite easy since you don't even have to track your opponent. What skill gap is present on the weapon_ Seems significantly harder to avoid hellfires then it is to hit with them.

#7 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 29 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wow, they really fuzzy bunny up B's.. that mobility - pfft well im not playing anymore untill this fuzzy bunny is fixed (and not about hellfires, they work worse now in my hands that is)
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#8 Kerc_Kersa

Kerc_Kersa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationRight here.

Posted September 29 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostAnalysis, on September 29 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostHawkEyE_, on September 29 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

People keep saying you can dodge but the hellfires are following me around corners where other weapons would completely miss. At missile silos a rocketeer/bruiser can fly up and aim slightly up once locked on and you can't avoid the damage. I'm piloting for the most part a scout with 490 health so I notice when I get hit. The only other weapon I have an issue with in game is the HEAT. Based on the video a trick shot consists of locking on and aiming away to change the arc which sounds quite easy since you don't even have to track your opponent. What skill gap is present on the weapon_ Seems significantly harder to avoid hellfires then it is to hit with them.

It is true that Hellfires when fired around corners are hard to dodge, but if you nerf the tracking rate of Hellfires to the point that they can't be trick shot, then the homing would be so little that they could always be dodged. They also take a fair amount of skill to trick shot them. I myself have not had much luck in trick shots, but I haven't praticed with them enough yet to use that. One more thing is that it isn't easy to guess the right arc for the Hellfires, since the locked on target can change the angle they home just by dodging.

I have yet to try some different dodging methods, more so then just dodging deeper into cover to try and avoid them. After all, if they are already coming around the corner, the wall won't protect you.

#9 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted September 30 2013 - 02:05 PM

All you have to do to learn trick shots is to watch some Mexichanman videos. I have been learning from the master. Helfires are deceptive.

because bow ties are cool

#10 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted October 18 2013 - 11:58 AM

Just played one on one with you. Whew.. sigh... got you once, but then again maybe you just let me.. cool video, now I no what it look like from your perspective! :)  hoghead

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users