HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hi, I know i'm already late to the party but is this still beta_

Project Review Video Introduction Community

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 R3DK00LA1D

R3DK00LA1D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSouth GA

Posted October 04 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hello guys, been busy with so many good games this year, starting with dishonored and ending with the last of us, (just over a year now) I just now noticed Hawken and am about to log in as I type this (d/ling last of game).

First off I just was wondering is this still a real beta_  I was thinking of doing a youtube series and was gonna start with this, but all the posts seem, old specifically.  Even on their news page its news from May, so I didn't know if I was jumping into a relatively shallow pool or if maybe the community just has quitened down.  I checked its twitter status and they haven't posted in four days.  That dosen't mean the game isn't worthy of the attention it just makes me wonder if this isn't really beta anymore_

Either way I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Josh, played alot of FPS (not saying i'm particularly great at them just saying I have experience in the ideas of team play, strategy, min-maxxing for great effect, etc)  Hello to all of you, it seems like a good community and a good game (that I've yet to play)  I will be recording my first sessions though I've no promises of quality as this is new to me.

Also, I'm terribly new to the mech fps genre (jetpacks, slower movement, etc) so thats probably going to take some getting used to.  Either way, should be good fun getting whacked about by veterans so I'll see you all out there, also, beat me particularly in some awesome way and you may see yourself on youtube :D  No matter, d/l is finished so I'll see you out there <=P

#2 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 04 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yup games still in open beta have fun out there :).

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#3 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 04 2013 - 04:49 PM

Welcome to the game! :D

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted October 06 2013 - 09:12 AM

Welcome aboard, pilot! :D

Yes, still Open Beta but moving forward nicely. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted October 06 2013 - 10:18 AM

The current version is beta 0.9.4, and it's still certainly a beta.  It's very fun and the core game systems are looking pretty solid, but more maps are needed, not to mention more gamemodes and improved Siege mode.  Fortunately, all of those are being worked on already.

We're also getting new maps with destructible terrain some day.

#6 Sadukar

Sadukar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted October 07 2013 - 12:01 AM

HI there Josh, glad to see the community growing, hope you have fun, if you have questions the just ask, ppl on the forums are generally nice and helpful
If you do not see this signature don't worry it is not really invisible, its infiltrating, look closely and you might see some distorsion,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project, Review, Video, Introduction, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users