HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I Hate A Classes....

Video Twitter

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

View PostCoboxite, on October 07 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

View Postdriedjello, on October 07 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

I am pretty sure Geneva says that a Berserker with a sub machine gun is a war crime.  LOL  That's my config and it's sick yo.

Berserker is actually one of the least powerful mechs in the current meta.
What do you mean_ Please explain the current "meta".
Current meta as far as I know involves high damage burst weapons and mechs with high movement speeds, EOC or Flak cannon preferable. This includes Infiltrator. Scout, Raider, Reaper, Sharp Shooter, and to a lesser extent, Brawler and Rocketeer.
That sounds far from a meta game, What you are describing is the game.

The term metagame refers to any sort of strategy "beyond the game," noting external planning and preparation.  I like to interpret the term "meta" as the optimal, utmost effective strategy.  With regards to Hawken, the Berserker is far from exceptional.  Here's why:

1) Berserker tuning is reliant on air dynamics, as it boasts the highest air dynamics capability out of any mech in the entire game.  
2) Hovering, with Air Dynamics or not, greatly increases weapon spread.  On single fire, burst primaries this is feasible.  On weapons like the AR, SMC, and Vulcan, you are quite literally hampering your accuracy and effective range by hovering.  Oh, look!  The only weapons available to the Berserker are AR, SMC, and Vulcan!  Well... f*** me.  
3) Aforementioned weapons also have a tendency to overheat very quickly.  This is why the Assault or CR-T is a much better selection compared to the Berserker.  Their core ability reduces heat generation on a very short cooldown to boot.  
4) Mechs with burst will outdo a Berserker's potential damage quite easily.  Peek-a-boo and CQC are king, of which the Berserker's capabilities are quite limited.  
5) If you still need more convincing, then all hope is lost.  

Cheers

Edited by Xacius, October 07 2013 - 08:35 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#22 TimeForAdventure

TimeForAdventure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

I am pretty sure Geneva says that a Berserker with a sub machine gun is a war crime.  LOL  That's my config and it's sick yo.

Current meta as far as I know involves high damage burst weapons and mechs with high movement speeds, EOC or Flak cannon preferable. This includes Infiltrator. Scout, Raider, Reaper, Sharp Shooter, and to a lesser extent, Brawler and Rocketeer.

The term metagame refers to any sort of strategy "beyond the game," noting external planning and preparation.  I like to interpret the term "meta" as the optimal, utmost effective strategy.  With regards to Hawken, the Berserker is far from exceptional.  Here's why:

1) Berserker tuning is reliant on air dynamics, as it boasts the highest air dynamics capability out of any mech in the entire game.  
2) Hovering, with Air Dynamics or not, greatly increases weapon spread.  On single fire, burst primaries this is feasible.  On weapons like the AR, SMC, and Vulcan, you are quite literally hampering your accuracy and effective range by hovering.  Oh, look!  The only weapons available to the Berserker are AR, SMC, and Vulcan!  Well... f*** me.  
3) Aforementioned weapons also have a tendency to overheat very quickly.  This is why the Assault or CR-T is a much better selection compared to the Berserker.  Their core ability reduces heat generation on a very short cooldown to boot.  
4) Mechs with burst will outdo a Berserker's potential damage quite easily.  Peek-a-boo and CQC are king, of which the Berserker's capabilities are quite limited.  

Cheers

The term metagame refers to any sort of strategy "beyond the game,"

Nothing what you are describing is "beyond the game"

Edited by TimeForAdventure, October 07 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#23 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Cheers

The time taken to prepare and actually think about strategy is clearly time spent "beyond the game."  

Think outside of the box, and disregard your misconceptions.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

#24 TimeForAdventure

TimeForAdventure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Cheers

The time taken to prepare and actually think about strategy is clearly time spent "beyond the game."  

Think outside of the box, and disregard your misconceptions.
Nope, everything you described is part of the game.

#25 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 09:06 PM

You still don't get it.  I'm done trying.  Enjoy low tier pubs.

#26 TimeForAdventure

TimeForAdventure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 09:16 PM

No you dont fuzzy bunny get it. Here you have some meta game https://community.pl...im-october-6th/
You are not only stubborn, you are fuzzy bunny stupid also. Have a nice evening scrub!

Edited by TimeForAdventure, October 07 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#27 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

No you dont fuzzy bunny get it. Here you have some meta game https://community.pl...im-october-6th/
You are not only stubborn, you are fuzzy bunny stupid also. Have a nice evening scrub!

LOL!

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/3010760

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/2972174

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/3022892  <--- This one is one of my favorites.  Note me topping the scoreboard against other high tier players using a level 1, unranked and untuned CR-T

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/2939730 <--- More scoreboard topping (it's a feature!) in organized competitive play (I'll give you a hint: we win every match)

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/3001244 <--- Me cooking boss beef marinara.  It was delicious.  

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/2411294 <--- older footage of me dominating with mini-flak

Yeah.  Might want to do your research next time before calling someone a "scrub."

I bet you MC that I'd top our duels in a mech without items or tuning.  Try me.

#28 TimeForAdventure

TimeForAdventure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 09:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! SCRUB!!!!!!!!!!
http://blog-imgs-47....s/i_got_you.jpg
You are so fuzzy bunny sad, ego bigger than your head. Sooooo what is the meta then_

Edited by TimeForAdventure, October 07 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#29 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

You are so fuzzy bunny sad, ego bigger than your head. Sooooo what is the meta then_

Congratulations!  You just made a fool of yourself!  Better play if off like you knew the whole time!

On a more relevant note, the current top mechs are: Raider, Infiltrator, Sharpshooter (yes, even still), Rocketeer, and Scout.  Advanced repair kit is almost necessary, and fuel converter is invaluable.

#30 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/3001244 <--- Me cooking boss beef marinara.  It was delicious.  
Fuzzy bunny your incomplete cliffhanger recipe: https://docs.google....Y6b-kS8goI/edit
At this juncture, taste the sauce and_ and what_ What am I supposed to do next_

#31 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:25 PM

Definition of meta taken from the Starcraft wiki and can be equally applied here

The term metagame literally means 'beyond the game' and refers to any planning, preparation, or maneuvering that a player does outside of actual gameplay to gain an advantage. The metagame has three major branches, which contain some overlap:
1. Preparation done before a match to exploit current trends in StarCraft.
2. Preparation done specifically to exploit an opponent's or map's style of play.

3. Strategic decisions designed specifically to exploit a player's reaction or weakened mental state in the future. These are also known as 'mind games' or 'psychological warfare'.

The problems with the Zerker that Xacius describes directly fall into categories 1 and 2 (E.g. dodging out from cover and unleashing a burst vs staying out in the open (map style), Rocketeer (weapons that aren't affected by spread) + Air dynamics is an exploitable trend, something which the Zerker fails at). Strategizing and making optimal builds to support these "exploits" are done outside of the actual gameplay so it is definitely apt to call it "meta".

#32 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostJeffMagnum, on October 07 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Fuzzy bunny your incomplete cliffhanger recipe: https://docs.google....Y6b-kS8goI/edit
At this juncture, taste the sauce and_ and what_ What am I supposed to do next_

I updated it and completed it.  Sorry about the cliffhanger lol

#33 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:36 PM

This thread is going places!

#34 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postmaschas, on October 07 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

This thread is going places!

We have: insults, ego-showboating, cooking, meta discussion, and even Starcraft references!

#35 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 07 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Nope, everything you described is part of the game.

Posted Image

#36 Alexandus

Alexandus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 12:45 AM

guys this thread went a little out of control... I just wanted to have fun with the title of the post bit it seems there's flaming about and many a fuzzy bunny. I'm here to have fun guys, and you should be too.

#37 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

@TimeforAdventure

But be prepared to learn from better more experienced players. Your game play was slightly above average - Just

The break down of the zerker was spot on.

Does Xacius showboat_ Maybe
Does he like to have his epeen stroked_ Definately
Is he a scrub_ Nope

Maybe time for you to eat some humble pie_

#38 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted October 08 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostAlexandus, on October 08 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

guys this thread went a little out of control... I just wanted to have fun with the title of the post bit it seems there's flaming about and many a fuzzy bunny. I'm here to have fun guys, and you should be too.

Dont feel bad. Only 10% of threads actually stay on topic. Convergent evolution suggests that this thread will either become "techs are satan hitler suckers" or "i cant dodge hellfires are op"

#39 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 08 2013 - 04:26 AM

I'm actually, kinda OK with TimeForAdventure who said its an integral part of the game. Hawken is not giving a meta and making you think about strategy. It's forcing it. You've got to have a tech and there's no particular counter-build for it. Just powerful builds more effective than weaker ones and no real choice behind it.

#40 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 08 2013 - 04:27 AM

That, and techs are nazil devil shemales.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users