HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I Hate A Classes....

Video Twitter

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationBrazil (-3 GMT)

Posted October 08 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostM4st0d0n, on October 08 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

That, and techs are nazil devil shemales.

This! I just don't understand something, Xacius, where is the goddamn invite for Duelsville_ You mentioned nothing about it.

Also, not only a thread of:

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

We have: insults, ego-showboating, cooking, meta discussion, and even Starcraft references!

You can add epeen, more cooking, fuzzy bunny devil worshippers shemales (tech and scouts cuz OP), armor fuhrer bein nerfed and fuzzy bunny like that.

Posted Image

Digital Revolution Clan Member [.:DRev:.]

Join the Revolution HERE!

#42 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted October 08 2013 - 07:53 AM

The facepalms in this thread are many, and legendary.

Posted Image

@OP: I understand you wanting to have fun, and share that with others, but this and your other video, are not going to be received well on these forums.  Maybe share them on the media forums (located below), www.reddit.com/r/gaming, or www.reddit.com/r/hawken.  

These forums are genrally for discussion about the current state of Hawken, it's metagame, and what other issues generally affect the current play of Hawken.  Not for videos of killing rookie pilots that haven't learned how to move/shoot/dodge/play.

Also @TimeforAdventure, lolscrub, gtfo.

#43 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted October 08 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostFstroke, on October 08 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

View PostAlexandus, on October 08 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

guys this thread went a little out of control... I just wanted to have fun with the title of the post bit it seems there's flaming about and many a fuzzy bunny. I'm here to have fun guys, and you should be too.

Dont feel bad. Only 10% of threads actually stay on topic. Convergent evolution suggests that this thread will either become "techs are satan hitler suckers" or "i cant dodge hellfires are op"
Look at this thread https://community.pl...-a-bad-player/. in 2 pages it went from discussing what makes a bad/good player to becoming a thread about Bruce Lee.

@Xacius: Sounds like adding weapon stabilizing while in air would solve that issue because with the exception of the mini flak, vanguard has the same issues with Air dynamic. Same thing with Bruiser, but that has Hellfire.

#44 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 08 2013 - 08:40 AM

So, the Berserkers ability could also add 12% more accuracy while flying, akin to the Raiders ability_
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#45 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted October 08 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostUnDeaD_CyBorG, on October 08 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

So, the Berserkers ability could also add 12% more accuracy while flying, akin to the Raiders ability_

That doesn't really fit the flavor of Berserker though.  It's ability is raw damage output, and nothing else.  Blitz gives Raider enhanced combat effectiveness and movement, and increased accuracy is fitting since it has the shooting-while-boosting feature.  If they want to make an A-class that has an ability designed around air combat, I'm all for it, but I don't think the Berserker design should be changed much to fit this role.

Really I don't see the reasoning behind losing accuracy while moving/boosting/flying.  It makes sense for the majority of FPS games where you play a human(oid) holding a gun, where your accuracy is dependent on how stably you hold the gun.  When you have giant mechs with weapons attached to their frame via hard-mounting (welding, bolts and nuts, etc.), your weapon isn't going to be harder to stabilize while moving, and as such shouldn't have increased spread.

I know the Hawken universe ain't the most logical or realistic thing around, but I think this feature is only implemented because of 2 reasons. 1) Most other FPS have this feature as a standard. 2) SS/Reaper no-scoping.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#46 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted October 08 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostThirdEyE, on October 08 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

View PostUnDeaD_CyBorG, on October 08 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Really I don't see the reasoning behind losing accuracy while moving/boosting/flying.  It makes sense for the majority of FPS games where you play a human(oid) holding a gun, where your accuracy is dependent on how stably you hold the gun.  When you have giant mechs with weapons attached to their frame via hard-mounting (welding, bolts and nuts, etc.), your weapon isn't going to be harder to stabilize while moving, and as such shouldn't have increased spread.

In Hawken, hovering at high speeds (a key feature of full air dynamics berserker) makes you much harder to hit (ground movements can be predicted rather easily in comparison).  Even so, I think spread should be reduced a bit through the option of equipping an internal that reduces spread during hover.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#47 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted October 08 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

View PostCoboxite, on October 07 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on October 07 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

View Postdriedjello, on October 07 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

I am pretty sure Geneva says that a Berserker with a sub machine gun is a war crime.  LOL  That's my config and it's sick yo.

Berserker is actually one of the least powerful mechs in the current meta.
What do you mean_ Please explain the current "meta".
Current meta as far as I know involves high damage burst weapons and mechs with high movement speeds, EOC or Flak cannon preferable. This includes Infiltrator. Scout, Raider, Reaper, Sharp Shooter, and to a lesser extent, Brawler and Rocketeer.
That sounds far from a meta game, What you are describing is the game.

The term metagame refers to any sort of strategy "beyond the game," noting external planning and preparation.  I like to interpret the term "meta" as the optimal, utmost effective strategy.  With regards to Hawken, the Berserker is far from exceptional.  Here's why:

1) Berserker tuning is reliant on air dynamics, as it boasts the highest air dynamics capability out of any mech in the entire game.  
2) Hovering, with Air Dynamics or not, greatly increases weapon spread.  On single fire, burst primaries this is feasible.  On weapons like the AR, SMC, and Vulcan, you are quite literally hampering your accuracy and effective range by hovering.  Oh, look!  The only weapons available to the Berserker are AR, SMC, and Vulcan!  Well... f*** me.  
3) Aforementioned weapons also have a tendency to overheat very quickly.  This is why the Assault or CR-T is a much better selection compared to the Berserker.  Their core ability reduces heat generation on a very short cooldown to boot.  
4) Mechs with burst will outdo a Berserker's potential damage quite easily.  Peek-a-boo and CQC are king, of which the Berserker's capabilities are quite limited.  
5) If you still need more convincing, then all hope is lost.  

Cheers

I was also curious about your reasoning behind the weakness of the 'zerker. Never really thought about the mech that way. I've run the 'zerker as a smaller, faster "Fred" w/o the 'F' cooldown ability as it was an easy transition with an almost flat learning curve. Although I have the air dynamics capability tuned I don't find it particularly useful in combat.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense.  Thanks!
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#48 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted October 08 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostWargasim, on October 08 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

View PostTimeForAdventure, on October 07 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHA! SCRUB!!!!!!!!!!
http://blog-imgs-47....s/i_got_you.jpg
You are so fuzzy bunny sad, ego bigger than your head. Sooooo what is the meta then_
Does Xacius showboat_ Maybe
Does he like to have his epeen stroked_ Definately
Is he a scrub_ Nope

Maybe time for you to eat some humble pie_

Definitely*

Just had a slice of apple pie.  It was almost as delicious as the marinara.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#49 KillaKiwi

KillaKiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 08:20 AM

wow its amazing to see what the game looks like when your framerate doesn't drop more than 50% when you are in the middle of combat. maybe i should save for a new pc ö_Ö

#50 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationBrazil (-3 GMT)

Posted October 11 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostKillaKiwi, on October 11 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

wow its amazing to see what the game looks like when your framerate doesn't drop more than 50% when you are in the middle of combat. maybe i should save for a new pc ö_Ö

We are partners then. Saving up for a GTX 780 and a Vertex 4 128GB.

View PostXacius, on October 08 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

In Hawken, hovering at high speeds (a key feature of full air dynamics berserker) makes you much harder to hit (ground movements can be predicted rather easily in comparison).  Even so, I think spread should be reduced a bit through the option of equipping an internal that reduces spread during hover.

In this field, I must disagree with you partially. We already have the Air Compressor, which is a 3 slot item, making another one, just for the spread shots, it's just overkill. A complete waste of slots for the air combat. Maybe making the air compressor a 2-in-1 item, with the dodge AND the spread reduction, or move the AC for a 2 slot item, and make a new one, single sloted, for the spread shot. Even though I think it's completely desnecessary... My opnion.

Posted Image

Digital Revolution Clan Member [.:DRev:.]

Join the Revolution HERE!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users