HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Invasion Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#201 mechpilot1111

mechpilot1111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 08:09 PM

1. IPD is set way too high by default, making your mech's cockpit look like the inside of a helmet and the world seem tiny.

2. The previous way of manually setting IPD using eg EyeDistance=0.031000 doesn't work anymore so we're stuck with the incorrect default setting. This needs to be a setting in the rift menu of the UI.

3. HUD health and class labels on other mechs are drawn at the wrong depth - they should be drawn at the same depth in the world as the mech they refer to rather than at the depth of your HUD map. This is important because the current difference in depth between mechs and their corresponding labels means that if you focus on the mech then the label appears doubled and vice versa. EDIT: The same applies to the HUD objective markers which should be drawn at the same depth as the objective.

4. The position and depth of your HUD health and fuel bars clash horribly with your cockpit, ruining the 3D experience. A far better arrangement would be to draw your health bar above your crosshair in the area between the upper tips of your weapon heat bars, with your fuel bar displayed below your crosshair in the area between the lower tips of your weapon heat bars (ie so your health, fuel and heat bars form a rectangular shape with a flat top and bottom and curved sides around the crosshair, so that the entire shape fits in the central area of your cockpit glass).

5. The depth of your HUD map also clashes unpleasantly with your cockpit, it would be better to draw it in the center of your view where your crosshair is currently and allow Rift users to toggle between displaying either the map or the crosshair with a key or button press.

6. The team kills, enemy kills and timer displays are way too big and get in the way. It would be nice if this info was displayed on a monitor in your cockpit rather than on the HUD, failing that it needs to be drawn smaller so it obscures less of your view (particularly the background grid bit which currently blocks about ten times as much of your view as it needs to).

7. The zoom on the sniper rifles doesn't work well with the Rift. EDIT: The problem is that headtracking is really sensitive when zoomed so if your head is slightly off-center when you zoom or if you move your head even a little bit then you'll lose sight of the crosshair. Ideally headtracking should be disabled as soon as you zoom and the camera should be locked to the crosshair. Then you can aim with the mouse without headtracking interfering until you zoom back out, at which point headtracking should be re-enabled.

8. The text size in the menus is still far too small to comfortably read.

9. When you die and your view switches to inside an enemy mech whilst you're waiting to respawn, the orientation of your virtual head is incorrect until you respawn (this is a lot less annoying than the issue in the previous build where your virtual head's orientation was incorrect AFTER respawning but it's still less than ideal). EDIT: This is gametype dependent - online modes work fine, but offline team deathmatch and offline bot match both suffer from this issue.

10. During repairs your mech seems to disappear and your FOV becomes distorted.

11. Your head is offset slightly to the left in B class mechs.

12. Reflections are drawn incorrectly during the victory lineup phase where you see the top six mechs standing in a line in a watery scene.

Cheers,
DD

#202 XenoAlex2222

XenoAlex2222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 02:09 AM

Thanks Teljax!

#203 XenoAlex2222

XenoAlex2222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 02:11 AM

Teljaxx, on October 30 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Posted ImageXenoAlex2222, on , said:

Great new game mode and tweaks, but somehow the graphical output has increased; in-game and in the garage system.

I've tried adjusting my settings but my FPS has definitely decreased from 58-44 fps to 28-44 fps!

I use the F5 and "stat fps" to check everyday.

That is probably because Post Processing seems to be stuck active, even if you turn it off in the advanced graphics options menu.

Unless you had that active before the patch, at least.

Thanks Teljax! Yes that was something I had turned off and I am surprised it would be forced in the graphics menu. I Had it off as I saw an immediate drop of 20 fps when playing around with graphic variables..

#204 TTKFROG

TTKFROG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hello,

This game is cool, graphics are perfect, gameplay too but i don't anderstand why there is always updates on the server ! each day i cannot connect to my account because of updates or other patch on the server. I decided to stop playing for this time. I will wait that all becomes OK.

#205 tazer5150

tazer5150

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 04:32 PM

I cant get my oculus rift to work _ go to settings go to the oculus settings  hit activate  I restart the game and.......nothing what is the trick_

#206 Py687

Py687

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationParadise City

Posted November 02 2013 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the patch/update.

That being said, I only found two posts in this thread calling for a Reaper ability buff. WTF.

Reaper. Needs. A. Buff.

Posted Image

#207 HybriiD

HybriiD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 06:50 AM

I just start playing Hawken, and i want to share my opinion: the game is very well developed, the gameplay is good despite need some adjusts, i like the interface, the mechs, the f2p system like League of Legends. This game can be very good in the future, but i think that for reach the popularity of a game like "LoL", need one important thing: A well designed matchmaking system to make teams with friends and play together, and then a separated competitive matchmaking system. This is the key to make people play massively, apart from f2p system. I have some ideas to make all this things, if some staff member want to know it i can talk in pm.

Cheers :)

#208 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted November 07 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostHybriiD, on November 07 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

I just start playing Hawken, and i want to share my opinion: the game is very well developed, the gameplay is good despite need some adjusts, i like the interface, the mechs, the f2p system like League of Legends. This game can be very good in the future, but i think that for reach the popularity of a game like "LoL", need one important thing: A well designed matchmaking system to make teams with friends and play together, and then a separated competitive matchmaking system. This is the key to make people play massively, apart from f2p system. I have some ideas to make all this things, if some staff member want to know it i can talk in pm.

Cheers :)

Some great ideas.
I like how you like the parts of Hawken that are like League of legends.
I like your thoughts on reaching LoL popularity.
Man this is some real poignant stuff.
Germaine to our interests etc.
I know the dev team is gonna pm you asap.
I like your attitude. ;)

Posted Image

#209 Baraqorn

Baraqorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 02:46 PM

View Postcraftydus, on November 07 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Some great ideas.
I like how you like the parts of Hawken that are like League of legends.
I like your thoughts on reaching LoL popularity.
Man this is some real poignant stuff.
Germaine to our interests etc.
I know the dev team is gonna pm you asap.
I like your attitude. ;)

Wow! Wall of sarcasm! A bit harsh, man. Nice way to welcome a new player to the boards.

And while his thoughts may have been debated for quite some time around here, they're still pertinent.

Ten demerits, man. Go sit in the corner.

#210 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted November 07 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostBaraqorn, on November 07 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Wow! Wall of sarcasm! A bit harsh, man. Nice way to welcome a new player to the boards.

And while his thoughts may have been debated for quite some time around here, they're still pertinent.

Ten demerits, man. Go sit in the corner.

Oh ya, that's what I'm sayin' fellow gaming player. These ideas are gooooood. **** ya ! they are pertinent, I concur.
These boards are full of good pertinent ideas.
If these people aren't getting the pm's, they definitely should get the pm's.
Otherwise how are these good ideas going to be realized_! gif related.

Posted Image

#211 HybriiD

HybriiD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 04:09 PM

I only have on thing to answer: "If people do not laugh at your GOALS, is because they are too small." - Azim Premji (Indian billionare)

I am a grown person, not a kid and know very well what i say.

Cheers.

Edited by HybriiD, November 07 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#212 Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted November 07 2013 - 07:13 PM

I concur:
1. Buff the Reaper.
2. Give me back my TOW splash.
3. Excellent bang for the buck on this game.  ;)
Rock On.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users