HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game play at a personal level.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShrimpBrime

ShrimpBrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago Illinois, US of A

Posted December 16 2013 - 09:51 PM

What I’m getting at is this; there are revisions coming to the game that are closely tied to community feedback.

Let us see how this works out! Very interested in seeing a lot less waiting around during matches.

Firstly 60+ seconds between matches is a little long. I think 30-45 seconds would be nice, still a chance to browse menus and chat up the score, but also leaves less time for people to become board waiting and leave the match.

Another thing about waiting is the respawn time. Slow. Ghosting my killer is great and all, but it's a lot of time lost for the TEAM more so than an individual player.

Perhaps an option to spawn instantly without the option to change the mech and hit the launch button. perhaps save some users about 2 seconds of respawn time. See a lot of new guys sit in the menu for more than long enough for the last half of the team to get wiped out.

The spawn mechanism is working nicely. I do feel that we are spawning closer to the team or at least within reason. This is good because it seems fuel can be costly on slower mechs that need the dodge ability during close quarters battle.

A curious inquire about the shields. How can we make these stick to team mates better_

how about shields that can't be penetrated by the mech itself or perhaps only penetrated by the same team that dropped it. So team red can't walk into or through a blue's shield.

Mech. The pred. - -

Oh man it's a tough one to pilot. Those mines would be killer it they had a homing attachment. Maybe toggle for mines, toggle for homing air borne mines. Just an idea to keep the same weapon, but make it a little more useful.

The mine travel speed can be greatly increased. No reason a mine needs to travel so darn slowly. The enemy already scooted my the position I'm trapping.....

All the heavies would be a little more fun with some extra land speed. Not a lot, but enough to kinda keep up with the pack.

All mechs -

A bail out option. A single teleport feature. Random teleport to get out of harms way if your team got plowed over. Just a crazy idea, but would make for interesting game play. One use per match purchase-able.

Graphics -

OK, well I've got my own experiences like everyone else. Not issues though. Just things of interest.

I've noticed that after my PC leaves sleep and resumes, the game gets horrible frame rates. I found that If I put the screen into borderless and put it back it fixes this problem, but not always. This requires me to restart the PC and it runs great.

PC specs are,

Intel 3770K GTX 480 main, GTX 460 Physx. I get a decent 60-80 fps AA 4x the rest on Ultra Physx on NV only. The GTX 460 usually on average uses 35-45% and peaks around 50%.

Other than some of this, are just thoughts, not complaints. I think the game is running great. really enjoying the physx and the servers are getting better.

PS, I miss the chaos servers. 10 v 10 was some fun fuzzy bunny. If it's gonna be a little laggy, it may as well be chaotic.!
i7 3770K Liquid Cooled
AsRock Extreme 4 pro
GTX 480 Liquid Cooled
GTX 460 (NV Physx)
BFG PPU (Ageia Physx)

#2 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 16 2013 - 10:07 PM

pred is good once ya figure it out ;)
you do have some good points and change is coming soon so don't fret
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#3 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostShrimpBrime, on December 16 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

What I’m getting at is this; there are revisions coming to the game that are closely tied to community feedback.

Let us see how this works out! Very interested in seeing a lot less waiting around during matches.

Firstly 60+ seconds between matches is a little long. I think 30-45 seconds would be nice, still a chance to browse menus and chat up the score, but also leaves less time for people to become board waiting and leave the match.
Agreed, but we will probably get garage access during this time later.  They're working on constant access to the garage, that might warrant the long timer.
Another thing about waiting is the respawn time. Slow. Ghosting my killer is great and all, but it's a lot of time lost for the TEAM more so than an individual player.

Perhaps an option to spawn instantly without the option to change the mech and hit the launch button. perhaps save some users about 2 seconds of respawn time. See a lot of new guys sit in the menu for more than long enough for the last half of the team to get wiped out.
Death has to incur a cost to be meaningful.  The cost that can be used consistently across gamemodes is time.
The spawn mechanism is working nicely. I do feel that we are spawning closer to the team or at least within reason. This is good because it seems fuel can be costly on slower mechs that need the dodge ability during close quarters battle.
Boosting fuel cost for heavy mechs was just reduced by one eighth.
A curious inquire about the shields. How can we make these stick to team mates better_
They stick to teammates quite well, the problem is that they travel ultra slow.  You really need to get the teammate you are sticking to hold still or just stick it on them as they finish repairing.
how about shields that can't be penetrated by the mech itself or perhaps only penetrated by the same team that dropped it. So team red can't walk into or through a blue's shield.
Shields are already strong enough, they don't need a buff like this.
Mech. The pred. - -

Oh man it's a tough one to pilot. Those mines would be killer it they had a homing attachment. Maybe toggle for mines, toggle for homing air borne mines. Just an idea to keep the same weapon, but make it a little more useful.
No more homing weapons, the ones we have are a mistake.
The mine travel speed can be greatly increased. No reason a mine needs to travel so darn slowly. The enemy already scooted my the position I'm trapping.....

All the heavies would be a little more fun with some extra land speed. Not a lot, but enough to kinda keep up with the pack.
They're at a pretty good spot right now actually.  Their new fuel efficiency helps a lot with this.
All mechs -

A bail out option. A single teleport feature. Random teleport to get out of harms way if your team got plowed over. Just a crazy idea, but would make for interesting game play. One use per match purchase-able.
Sounds irritating and cheap, no thanks.
Graphics -

OK, well I've got my own experiences like everyone else. Not issues though. Just things of interest.

I've noticed that after my PC leaves sleep and resumes, the game gets horrible frame rates. I found that If I put the screen into borderless and put it back it fixes this problem, but not always. This requires me to restart the PC and it runs great.
Do you have your power management set to "prefer maximum performance"_  That might keep your GPU running at the level it should be.
PC specs are,

Intel 3770K GTX 480 main, GTX 460 Physx. I get a decent 60-80 fps AA 4x the rest on Ultra Physx on NV only. The GTX 460 usually on average uses 35-45% and peaks around 50%.

Other than some of this, are just thoughts, not complaints. I think the game is running great. really enjoying the physx and the servers are getting better.

PS, I miss the chaos servers. 10 v 10 was some fun fuzzy bunny. If it's gonna be a little laggy, it may as well be chaotic.!
The big problem with those was that they displayed as being local to every region when they were located on the west coast.  That caused them to draw in players from every region, most of which would be playing at awful ping.

Edited by WarlordZ, December 16 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#4 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted December 17 2013 - 07:40 AM

I think it may be a referance to clan support and the work they have done with T.A.W.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#5 ShrimpBrime

ShrimpBrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago Illinois, US of A

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:04 PM

Oh and maybe the loosing team in the background of the carousel_

Typed while waiting for next match....
i7 3770K Liquid Cooled
AsRock Extreme 4 pro
GTX 480 Liquid Cooled
GTX 460 (NV Physx)
BFG PPU (Ageia Physx)

#6 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 10:14 AM

Interesting points, I highly advocate revisiting respawn timers.

The timer between games seems long now, but as stated before by the devs this is a place holder for future access to garage between games. Which I believe the ability to swap internals/items/tuning between games will really shake up the meta and create some really fun strats and builds for specific maps.

As far as shields go...its an interesting debate, my opinion is that if you throw a shield on an ally it should not be a giant bubble, it should become a personal shield that only protects the mech it is attached to. The giant bubble it creates around mechs right now is kind of silly and in some cases gives an unfair advantage to mechs around the mech the shield is attached to because of its large radius when attached to mechs. It can also in other cases cause frustration for teammates because your giant moving shield blocks their line of fire and can cause self damage to teammates.

I also support the return of chaos servers, but at a later date when we can have one in each region. As other players have pointed out there are also big concerns with server performance as well as alpha and TTK with more than 6 players on a team. Until these issues are addressed I don't think we will be enjoying the hella fun mayhem servers.

#7 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:04 PM

@CounterlogicMan

Otoh it leaves shield somewhat open to counterplay as agressor can enter bubble. whereas if it is solely a personal shield what can you do your opponent is now "ubered", gg.

#8 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted December 25 2013 - 12:49 AM

Hmmm my GTX 760M is more than enough lol :ph34r:

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users