HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Selling Mechs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BigWyrm67

BigWyrm67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 08:17 PM

Are we able to sell mechs yet_ If yes, how do I do it because I cant figure it out. If no, have the devs mentioned when they might add this feature_

Thank you :D

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 05 2014 - 10:05 PM

hello there ... I hope they add this feature soon , at least we can get rid of all these duplicated mechs in the garage ! just divide the mech's price by 4 :D

Posted Image

#3 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted January 05 2014 - 10:27 PM

The devs have said they want some way for players to offload duplicate mechs, but have not yet indicated how or when they might implement such a feature.

#4 BigWyrm67

BigWyrm67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 10:45 PM

This is a problem because I am OCD and I WILL NOT tolerate a clutered garage. Its driving me crazy.

#5 Cannonaire

Cannonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUSW

Posted January 06 2014 - 12:31 AM

I plan to keep at least one of my duplicate Techs with no ability upgrades so I can keep an eye on the HC/MC prices of everything for my calculator. But I honestly don't need 4 of the things.
Cannonaire - Think millionaire, but with cannons.
HC/MC Calculator (thread) UPDATED 2013/12/21

#6 thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted January 06 2014 - 03:10 AM

While it's implemented, you can put your custom names to your mechs that you use, classify them, etc.

That's what I do.
Posted Image

#7 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted January 06 2014 - 07:21 AM

One other thing you can maybe try if it really bothers you is writing to support and asking them to remove the extras.  Back when there were Nvidia codes that gave you a free tech, that was the preferred method.  Dunno if they'll still do it.

Also, if you weren't aware, you can always reorder your mechs by clicking and dragging their icons in the selection bar.  If you have enough "primary" mechs, it's very easy to just slide the spares all the way to the right and never look at them again.

#8 Nazgulgnome

Nazgulgnome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted January 13 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostBigWyrm67, on January 05 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

This is a problem because I am OCD and I WILL NOT tolerate a clutered garage. Its driving me crazy.

are you actually OCD, or are you just grabbing that as a way to indicate your preference for neatness and order.  OCD is a compulsive mental disorder that seriously disrupts your ability to lead a normal life.  Perhaps you should rethink your use of that term.

#9 Vyett

Vyett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostNazgulgnome, on January 13 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

are you actually OCD, or are you just grabbing that as a way to indicate your preference for neatness and order.  OCD is a compulsive mental disorder that seriously disrupts your ability to lead a normal life.  Perhaps you should rethink your use of that term.

Stop trying to be offended on a groups behalf. Its really sad. OCD is an absurdly varied disorder with magnitudes of difference between each person who has it.

#10 DarkstarMatryx

DarkstarMatryx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:37 PM

I would love to be able to gift certain extra mechs to another player, that way I can get the mechs and bonuses of buying bundles that I want but still not fill my garage with half the bundles mechs that I already have.

#11 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:53 AM

I would love to see this implemented. I would like to get rid of CRT even if I haven't leveled up it yet.

#12 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:49 PM

You shouldn't be able to sell your CRT since you can't buy another.

But everything else should be sellable, or put in like "cold storage" so you don't see them on your main list

#13 Armageddon185

Armageddon185

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 05:52 PM

As someone who leveled a mech given by the mercenary pack before buying it, I hope they implement a way of moving the secondary weapons from the fresh mechs onto the ones we already leveled. That's just me being particular though. Regardless, I do love the game - it just bugs me a bit is all.

#14 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 05:56 PM

I wish... I am a minimalist and this cluttered garage is driving me NUTS!!!! NUTS I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#15 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thread, rise from your grave! I guess.

Unless Hawken starts limiting garage space, and only real dollars can get more of it like Mechwarrior Online, I do not see much reason to sell Mechs.  Mechs are comparatively cheap anyways, it is the equipment that is costly.  It takes over twice the cost of buying a mech, to get one full set of Items, Internals, and both primaries.

Now, some form of sorting beyond mouse dragging the order of mechs_  That would be cool, but that does not have much to do with selling.

#16 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:33 PM

Nice to see a grump I've had for a year still won't lie down and die.
So I'm not the only one pizzed about having dud hulls in my garage.

edit: btw folks: if you have it, you own it. it's there to stay. my major bitsh is when you have several DUPLICATE mechs.

Edited by EM1O, April 12 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#17 VidBeas

VidBeas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 07:57 PM

Neither will I, I have have OCD too, I can handle it but it just ticks me off and bugs me. I would feel better just being able to throw out the mechs instead of selling them, just get them out of my garage!

#18 Falcon4Craft

Falcon4Craft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsomewhere you never find me

Posted June 15 2014 - 10:50 PM

it would be nice if you could sell your old mechs
always ready to fight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users