HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

My Beef with the Holiday Version of Lost Eco

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shades998

Shades998

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 07:22 PM

While I appreciate that the developers put time and effort into giving us a new map to play on, but the holiday version of lost eco really detracted from my online experience in Hawken.

From my understanding Hawken is supposed to be a gritty futuristic universe, and having colorful candy canes and presents all over the place seems kinda silly, and makes the game hard to take seriously.

Giant snow monkeys too_ Why not just make them snow weasels and complete the total butchery of game continuity.

It's not even the holidays and this map is still in rotation.

Just my opinion, but I am starting to think I chose the wrong game to put my time into.

When is the regular Lost Eco coming back_

Edited by Shades998, January 09 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#2 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted January 09 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think you're being a little dramatic and hyperbolic over one map that you're not even forced to play.
Posted Image

#3 Voyevoda

Voyevoda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 07:34 PM

I really don't mind the immersion-breaking theme. Let's be realistic here, to most players the universe is as deep as the average Texas basement.

What bothers me is how much load the map puts on my system. My PC's not exactly old (GPU is a 7850 2gig), but it's the only map maxed out that has some noticable input latency and sub-60 framerates, sometimes dipping into the 30s. Definitely my least favorite map.

Posted Image
Breathe in all the air
Exhale and choke the land with carbon
From where I stand
I can see the curvature of the Earth
And I want to make it flat

#4 Shades998

Shades998

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 07:35 PM

I don't think I am being overly dramatic or exaggerating at all.

I am allowed to let them know my opinions on something that effects me either it be good or bad. That what this forum is for. ya'know_

This is something I didn't piticularly enjoy as an addition, and I am letting them know about it. It's called feedback.

Edited by Shades998, January 09 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#5 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostShades998, on January 09 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

While I appreciate that the developers put time and effort into giving us a new map to play on, but the holiday version of lost eco really detracted from my online experience in Hawken.
This IS overly dramatic.  You act like it entirely ruined every moment of every match.  Relax a bit.
From my understanding Hawken is supposed to be a gritty futuristic universe, and having colorful candy canes and presents all over the place seems kinda silly, and makes the game hard to take seriously.
You aren't supposed to take holiday events seriously, they're silly by design.
Giant snow monkeys too_ Why not just make them snow weasels and complete the total butchery of game continuity.
Why weasels_  Just wondering.
It's not even the holidays and this map is still in rotation.
I'll admit, it has run a bit long.  They're probably just trying to let people get the special repair drone.
Just my opinion, but I am starting to think I chose the wrong game to put my time into.
You would quit a game because they decided to do something silly that is entirely temporary_  Lots of online games do these things.
When is the regular Lost Eco coming back_

#6 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostShades998, on January 09 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

They sold heart skins last valentines day... hearts... on mechs... and we have to look at it all year round.  Heck, my scout has been gift wrapped since last Christmas.  Best get used to it or you won't be a happy camper.
Posted Image

#7 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted January 09 2014 - 10:56 PM

Wanna know something funny_ There is a Picachu with mustache hiding on a poster on Prosk. Hawken is a gritty/colorful FPS-Mech shooter which knows how to take it self not so serious at times.
I`ll fix it later.

#8 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted January 09 2014 - 11:11 PM

I agree. I actually like it more than normal eco because of the snow, but I would prefer if the giant candy canes and presents weren't there. I just try to ignore them.

#9 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted January 10 2014 - 12:30 AM

I can say the same thing about silly holograms and mech taunts and heart camos :). But i like the game anyways

#10 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted January 10 2014 - 07:31 PM

shooting all the candy canes is just too much fun though, and it is only once a year so I don't really mind it. It is the holidays cheer up dude!
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users