HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

January Update: Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 OO13

OO13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 04:09 PM

Why is it so difficult to type on this site_ Half of what I type doesn't register!!

#102 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted January 18 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostOO13, on January 18 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Somehow they need to implement a penalty for "dying" in-game...maybe experience debt that has to be repaid before you start advancing again_ (CoH anyone_)

I am a low skill player, and die a lot so this would affect me...but I think it would stabilize the in-game experience. Teams would be forced to "protect" themselves more...and not simply "kill chase"

I know ultimately it would lead to frustration/quitting/running away in a large portion of the player-base...so it will NEVER be implemented...but this game is at it's best when both teams are playing as if being in a large mechanical vehicle, as it explodes...is  bad thing.

Oh, there is already a penalty for dying in game.  If you die too much, YOU LOSE.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#103 OO13

OO13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 18 2014 - 05:48 PM

I agree Silverfire...losing is the current penalty. Only problem is...half the player-base quits the match when the timer gets under 2 minutes and they are losing....(something tells me a lot of those players are the "kill chasers" as well) so...in reality (if an online game can be considered reality), there is no penalty.

Also...I still don't get how taking customization away is an agreeable path with any player-base.

#104 Mechmelter

Mechmelter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted January 19 2014 - 03:53 PM

when comes this patch_ i started to play today and dont like to be canon fooder...

#105 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted January 19 2014 - 04:13 PM

This patch came already.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#106 Batfink02

Batfink02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 04:44 AM

Is anyone else stuck on applying patch_  I've tried everything, and it doesn't really want to work.  :(

#107 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 09:55 AM

When I get on a loosing streak, I get lumped in in low MMR players and wreck the server, then I get nice balanced matches. Some times I'm MVP on the server, some times I'm bottom of team (but I earned/deserve every kill/death).

Then after a few more wins I jump up to playing with some of the top 100, get steam rolled and put back down to the minor leagues. Last I checked my MMR was just under ~1980, i dont know how to break that 2000 mark...

So, I guess match making is working, but the cut offs and grouping is really weird. I play sub level 20 players WAY too often :C

#108 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 10:00 AM

Onyxmizer, sounds like it is working. Successful match making systems don't balance on similar skill levels all the time as that would segregate the community. Instead, they balance on a 50/50 win/loss ratio, assuming you're only playing public games.

Edited by HugeGuts, January 28 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#109 keyin

keyin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 29 2014 - 11:25 PM

you guys need to make it so that more than three people can party up and go into team death match, siege,  etc its kinda lame you guys dont

#110 BradersVal

BradersVal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted January 30 2014 - 07:09 AM

View Postkeyin, on January 29 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

you guys need to make it so that more than three people can party up and go into team death match, siege,  etc its kinda lame you guys dont

The party system broke the pub servers when it was first introduced. Autobalance went out the window and stompings were in abundance. They had to lobotomize the party system just to make matches playable again.

6v6 matchmaking will be introduced in the February patch.
Posted Image

#111 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted January 30 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostBradersVal, on January 30 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

View Postkeyin, on January 29 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

The party system broke the pub servers when it was first introduced. Autobalance went out the window and stompings were in abundance. They had to lobotomize the party system just to make matches playable again.

6v6 matchmaking will be introduced in the February patch.

I am not sure this is true.  What broke the system was that they removed the Team Switch button, marginalized MMR ratings in matchmaking and balance, and their matchmaker software couldn't add (or subtract) so there were several matches with 3 vs 6!

Yes, there were perhaps one or two teams of 6 that partied up and stomped a match, but most of the imbalanced matches I was a part of had nothing to do w/ parties.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#112 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted January 31 2014 - 06:24 AM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Somehow they need to implement a penalty for "dying" in-game...maybe experience debt that has to be repaid before you start advancing again_ (CoH anyone_)[/font]
0013, True suggestion, but I think increase of resurrection time would be enough. Not enough time to leave battlefield/repair after battle with A-class, they come back in few seconds and you have to fight with them again and again till you die. Satellite Technician returns to his 'master' too fast, you can't even kill him in time.
That's why most of the matches ends 34/35 or 39/40. It's not ballanced matches as it seems.

Edited by Zanozus, January 31 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#113 FireDragonPR0

FireDragonPR0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:40 AM

жто круто но добавьте и руский язык в игре

#114 FireDragonPR0

FireDragonPR0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts