HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Throttled game download rate

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 X3P0

X3P0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted January 27 2014 - 12:38 AM

Greetings, I have seen an issue arise when Canadian based players are downloading the game. From the United States - east coast in jersey I originally got a few megabytes per second download rate. Just last night when I had a friend download, also in the states she recieved similar or better rates. Less than an hour later my Canadian based gaming friends received rates of about 100-200kb/s or throttled substantially in comparison to United States players. This was not during peak hours, or even close. This was the dead of the night where very little activity was taking place. No less than 3 individuals experienced this same download rate from Canada at different time periods over the course of a 24 hour period.

The game has us east and west servers, and I find it irregular that I can download at one speed, and they have another when our connections to servers are typically very low ping despite the difference in location. Each player has breath taking internet connectivity from expensive isp plans and programs and has downloaded at amazing rates other programs.  Each individual was asked to download something else to test these connections, which occurred at normal expected rates or many megabytes a second from servers far far away.

Can the team look into or explain this phenomena as I had to struggle to sell the game to them (i.e. encourage them to play). Can Canadian based users attest to a similar experience_ What is the issue_

Edited by X3P0, January 30 2014 - 04:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users