HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

PhysX isn't working for me with a GTX 780.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BallaTheFeared

BallaTheFeared

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 10:18 AM

HawkenEngine.ini has PhysXLevel=2, however I don't even get debris PhysX let alone turbulance...

Anything I'm missing here_

#2 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted February 02 2014 - 10:30 AM

Is it possible you might have physx disabled in the nvidia control panel_

#3 BallaTheFeared

BallaTheFeared

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 10:35 AM

Is that even possible_

I have it set to the 780, that's the only place I'm aware of that has a PhysX setting.

Edit: My install is from when I had 7950s, perhaps the device check still thinks I have 7950s and is ignoring my new card_

I guess I can uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Edited by BallaTheFeared, February 02 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#4 DeusXmakina

DeusXmakina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 10:48 AM

Op, you will only get turbulence particles with Physx. I believe the debris have been taken off or drastically reduce compared to those early alpha video floating around on youtube. That is what i found out when I got my GTX 780 and was greatly disappointed.

#5 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 02 2014 - 10:57 AM

You must make sure you uninstall your AMD drivers...

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#6 BallaTheFeared

BallaTheFeared

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostDeusXmakina, on February 02 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

Op, you will only get turbulence particles with Physx. I believe the debris have been taken off or drastically reduce compared to those early alpha video floating around on youtube. That is what i found out when I got my GTX 780 and was greatly disappointed.

:(

#7 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 02 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostDeusXmakina, on February 02 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

I don't think this is exactly true, while the effects have been reduced, they are still there, as I still get them on my 550ti SLI setup, what he's getting isn't any at all for certian situations (weapons hitting walls and footsteps).  I think 700 series card detection and physX (both 0725 and 1220) are bugged as another user noticed the missing effects while using a 760 GTX.

If you have a 700 series card, file a support ticket so they can investigate further.  https://playhawken.zendesk.com/

Edited by SS396, February 02 2014 - 12:23 PM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#8 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted February 02 2014 - 12:35 PM

PhysX working fine on my GTX 670 SLI config.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#9 BallaTheFeared

BallaTheFeared

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 12:44 PM

This is what I get with my 780 and PhysX on level 2 (Nvidia only IG)

#10 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted February 02 2014 - 01:24 PM

Honey i got a 7950 and i get more physx then that....lol first check your setting in the game then if that doesnt work use AMD uninstall because it could be you have the drivers in there and they are detected by Nvidia...to be honest though phsx is not good for game in multi player mode it blocks your view and keeps you from seeing enemies from a distance  with the particles.....lol that why i switched to AMD and i get a heck of a picture quality i never saw with any of my Nvidias set ups......It ius why now im building my Lan setups with AMD cards instead of Nvidias....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#11 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 02 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostBallaTheFeared, on February 02 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Well I see turbulence effects and persistent particles, so that means GPU physx is clearly working - however it looks like you're not getting nearly as much persistent particles as is normal, as the others have said I'd try wiping your ATI drivers and then check that you've got the latest nvidia drivers installed as well as all CUDA cores enabled for use in Hawken itself. The physx stuff has been a little finicky with the past couple of patches.
Posted Image

#12 DeusXmakina

DeusXmakina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 02:28 PM

That looks like what i'm getting too. Nothing wrong. Don't expect to see debris flying all over the place from guns, tow rockets, etc like the early build. More specifically the Hawken physx video on youtube. Mine looks nothing like the video and I too am running a gtx 780.

Edited by DeusXmakina, February 02 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#13 DeusXmakina

DeusXmakina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on February 02 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Honey i got a 7950 and i get more physx then that....lol first check your setting in the game then if that doesnt work use AMD uninstall because it could be you have the drivers in there and they are detected by Nvidia...to be honest though phsx is not good for game in multi player mode it blocks your view and keeps you from seeing enemies from a distance  with the particles.....lol that why i switched to AMD and i get a heck of a picture quality i never saw with any of my Nvidias set ups......It ius why now im building my Lan setups with AMD cards instead of Nvidias....
The particle makes it more immersive though.

#14 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted February 02 2014 - 07:24 PM

I know i have another build with those cards but in the heat of battle it gets in the way... I do love to make a wallpaper with it on full physx though it looks cool.....But in all honesty i have a much better quality picture now then i had before..... i got my 7950 crossfire setup it really makes the games look amazingly better.....Never going back to Nvda
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#15 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted February 02 2014 - 07:59 PM

making a ticket to support instead of on the general forums would be more beneficial for you

Edited by FuryMonster, February 02 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#16 chickenSTALKER

chickenSTALKER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:36 AM

OP, hopefully you are not expecting something like this video because it is no longer like it. Even the apex turbulence got tuned down a bit.  

Edited by chickenSTALKER, February 03 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#17 BallaTheFeared

BallaTheFeared

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 11:08 AM

I got it working, problem is having any sort of FPS tracking seems to disable it.

With MSI AB OSB it wouldn't show, and even with stat fps on it won't show, but with nothing tracking fps it works fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users